PDA

View Full Version : Photo Real Arizona; Mega Earth Scenery (New)

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 11:37
Hey all,

For those that dont know it, Mega Earth Scenery has launched a new Statewide package of Arizona. You can buy just tiles or the entire state.

I couldnt wait for the CD's so I am downloading. So far, this is tile 19 which has Flagstaff and part of Sedona.

Pretty darn cool! I cant believe how smooth on frame rates it is and how clear it is.

It doesnt seem as green, probably because the photos look like they were taken just before winter which would explain the colors of the trees. (The area is a pine forest, tons of forest trees).

Whats cool is you can see all the dirt trails and neighborhoods, some area's I have wanted to explore on the ground, and now I can track them from the air, lol.. (Like being in a real plane, surveying an area before going there in a car or SUV).

1. Flagstaff, south of the San Francisco Peaks
2. Flagstaff in the North part of town looking East
3. Flagstaff airport; KFLG
4. Munds Park along I-17
5. Oak Creek Canyon (its like Yellow Stone park, beautiful down in there)
6. Slide Rock in Oak Creek
7. Switch Backs going down into Oak Creek Canyon

Bill

crashaz
November 4th, 2009, 14:03
LOL.. yeah I would say Flagstaff looks a little brown. Looks more like the Holbrook area.

I know what you mean about navigating.... before I went out to Oahu... looked @ Megascenery and Google Earth to know my way around... got on to Bellows and Haleiwa airfields.... not like they can be seen from the road.

People were asking me when the last time I visited was. :icon_lol:

Oh and can I request 20AZ Eds Field and a pic of the two mountains strattling the freeway south of Eds? Picacho Peak and Mt. Newman

Want to see if that old abandoned airfield shows the hangars... learn to fly and lived in the northern hangar growing up. :wavey:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 15:34
Hey Crashaz,

Roger that. It will probably be a couple of days (or even a week). At over a gig per download, and 2 hours average to download (if they download ok and dont have to be redownloaded, twice even), then I'll get that to you.

Surprizingly, the tiles are huge.. I cant believe so many are in one state. The one for Flagstaff also had Sedona in it as well as the Sanfrancisco Peaks and part of Lake Mary.

I am downloading the core of the state, then I'll download the outer areas.

Bill

kjb
November 4th, 2009, 16:20
It looks sharp. I need this :jump:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 17:57
It looks sharp. I need this :jump:

Im enjoying it KJB.

I love following the trails and seeing where things go to and knowing that I can go out there and find those locations...

Some shots of the Victory over Flagstaff.

Bill

Chacha
November 4th, 2009, 18:14
Ohhh... Man....

That is looking good! :applause:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 20:57
Ohhh... Man....

That is looking good! :applause:

Thanks ChaCha,

I tamed that particular paint scheme down a bit. I had some extra stripes in there. I think I 'over pimped' my ride, lol..

I just wanted a quick, fictional, colorful paint scheme on it while I was testing it.

I still cant believe I have Northern Arizona now on FSX.. woo hoooo!

Bill

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 21:03
Some photos of the actual Oak Creek Canyon..

Bill

crashaz
November 4th, 2009, 22:45
Now thats the way I remember it!!:applause:

Lionheart
November 4th, 2009, 22:52
You just gotta love Oak Creek Canyon..

At Range Rover Engineering, we called it Gods Country. We had a route that went through their in our test drives. It was always like a bonus or gift or blessing to be able to drive down into there. The views up from in the canyon of the walls, the sides of the canyon are just spectacular. Its also very cool and green down in there. Usually the water is flowing in the creek. Slide Rock is one amazing area, but the Health department closes it alot these days, so you are very lucky to get to slide down it anymore..

Bill

crashaz
November 4th, 2009, 22:55
Hehehe yeah people put the P in the ool. Have not been up there since my sister's wedding. I have relatives that live in Prescott Valley.... going to have to make it a point to go visit. I think I can stand being away from technology that long.

I'll buy a laptop. :icon_lol:

falcon409
November 5th, 2009, 04:01
Man, great shots there Bill, specially the first post. I was wondering though, (cough, cough) where did you get that cool lookin' aircraft? Do you have a download link for that one, (cough, cough), lol, lol. Lookin' sweet!!:ernae:

Lionheart
November 5th, 2009, 08:24
Man, great shots there Bill, specially the first post. I was wondering though, (cough, cough) where did you get that cool lookin' aircraft? Do you have a download link for that one, (cough, cough), lol, lol. Lookin' sweet!!:ernae:

Thanks Ed.

Thats the little Epic Victory. Doing the texturing on it presently. Should be out in the near future.

Bill

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 08:57
A couple of more shots. Slowly downloading the entire state. About half done I think...

Bill

ManuelL
November 6th, 2009, 09:23
Looks nice!
Does it come with autogen or is it only textures? I couldn't really see it from the shots.

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 09:25
Looks nice!
Does it come with autogen or is it only textures? I couldn't really see it from the shots.

Yes it does. Not alot in some area's.

Also, the cars will be traveling along on the highways. Wierd to be looking down and see a few cars moving on the scenery, lol..

crashaz
November 6th, 2009, 10:55
Ah nice shots.. recognize the first shot @ Grand and the 101 looking west.:applause:

Lionheart
November 13th, 2009, 11:52
Hey all,

Well, I have almost all 54 sections of Arizona up and running. I have what look like 4 pieces that arent showing up and need reloading.

What a site.. From Horizon to Horizon..

Ive spent hours just running around in Slew mode and high speed flight mode (R=16speed and higher) just looking at towns and countrysides on the various parts of the state. (Which reminds me, I still didnt check out Mormon Lake yet.... ).

Pretty vast... Thats all I can tell you. Cool to see Jerome. Jerome is alot smaller in the air, while Cottonwood looks HUGE!

I posted 34 pictures of parts of the state on my Blog Albums page. It has a built in screenshow in it, so you can check them out via that way. I also did a small write up on it in my today's news blog.

http://web.me.com/william_ortis/Lionheart/Blog/Entries/2009/11/13_mega_scenery_earth_unveils_‘arizona’.html

http://web.me.com/william_ortis/Lionheart/My_Albums/Pages/Arizona_Scenery.html

Bill

crashaz
November 13th, 2009, 12:06
Mmm mmmmm might have to get this for myself to get my home fix.

Did lots of flying down Pinal County way so I can see this is a must have. Also Fountain Hills to Payson would be nice to fly too. :ernae:

dharry
November 28th, 2009, 04:28
Thanks for the heads up and screenshots.

Is Monument Valley available and which tile contains Meteor Crater?

Lionheart
November 28th, 2009, 12:37
Thanks for the heads up and screenshots.

Is Monument Valley available and which tile contains Meteor Crater?

I'll have to look for those. I did fly over the crater, but cant remember which tile it is. (There are approximately 54 tiles).

The Painted Desert is there, as well as those mini volcanos behind the San Francisco Peaks.

I noticed that the tiles extend to 'almost' the border of Arizona, so if Monument Valley is super close to the border, then it may be clipped off.

dharry
November 28th, 2009, 12:56
I'll have to look for those. I did fly over the crater, but cant remember which tile it is. (There are approximately 54 tiles).

The Painted Desert is there, as well as those mini volcanos behind the San Francisco Peaks.

I noticed that the tiles extend to 'almost' the border of Arizona, so if Monument Valley is super close to the border, then it may be clipped off.

Thanks Lionheart, I am aware that Monument Valley is near the Utah/Arizona stateline but couldn't be sure if tiles 04 or 05 would contain the iconic landmark. As for Meteor Crater, as it is near Flagstaff & Winslow, my best guess is either tile 19 or 20.