JohnC
November 3rd, 2009, 18:00
http://www.sim-savvy.com/Home.html

There's a little over 4GB of demo landscape :ernae:

tigisfat
November 4th, 2009, 07:06
http://www.sim-savvy.com/Home.html

There's a little over 4GB of demo landscape :ernae:
Holy mother of god, thanks for posting this. This is more in line with a good deal than megascenery. Megascenery doesn't have night textures, wants 200 dollars a state, and they don't line up the runways.

falcon409
November 4th, 2009, 07:17
Holy mother of god, thanks for posting this. This is more in line with a good deal than megascenery. Megascenery doesn't have night textures, wants 200 dollars a state, and they don't line up the runways.
Hey Tigi, I think this is also daytime textures only. I think that's what I read on the main page.

FSX Only
This is daytime scenery without water masks or other enhancements
20% of Nevada a (Military Operational Area) is unavailable - Satellite photos were substituted

NoNewMessages
November 4th, 2009, 07:27
I've exchanged a couple emails with the developer, turns out we grew up about three miles from each other here in SoCal.

He will be getting a copy of one state I have finished so that he can check to see how the mesh and airports line up with his work, which should be pretty darn close!?!

If so, his work and mine should provide a nice experience flying around the Western 11 states. Just wish my work went a little faster, but there are only so many hours in a day...

Holger Sandmann
November 4th, 2009, 07:38
Hi guys,

Megascenery doesn't have night textures

I have parts of MegaScenery Earth's Washington State and it does have night textures, some autogen, and also partial water masks, and is compiled at twice the resolution (1.2m per pixel).

I don't use it much because it looks too washed out for my taste but just wanted to point out the differences to sim-savvy. They both use the same source data, NAIP airphoto mosaics.

Cheers, Holger

gajit
November 4th, 2009, 07:47
Yep - i have night textures on all my Megasecenry areas

falcon409
November 4th, 2009, 07:56
Hi guys, . . . . .I don't use it much because it looks too washed out for my taste. . .
Cheers, Holger
Yea, I downloaded most of New Jersey and was very disappointed to find that the screens didn't really match the final tiles. I noticed that the screens for the Arizona area look much more color saturated than what I see in the sim in Jersey, but refrained from purchasing because I just know it won't look like that when I get it into the sim. If I knew how, I'd decompile and redo all the textures to a matched density of color and recompile, lol.

Still pretty cool to fly around the areas I grew up in, even if it is washed out.