PDA

View Full Version : A question for US scenery designers

Tako_Kichi
November 2nd, 2009, 10:14
I asked this question in the 'Landscapers and Architects' forum but I guess very few people actually visit down there. ;)

I am working on a remake of Hobbs AAF base for FSX based on info provided by Milton in this thread.......

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=24783

I now have the airport laid out as it was in the 1940's and I am about to start populating it but don't really want to start throwing generic buildings all over the place and it would take too long for me to model all the various buildings (and my modelling skills are rusty as I haven't done any static/scenery modelling for about 18 months).

Which brings me to my question......does anyone know of any resources for US WWII airfield buildings? I would imagine a lot were generic for the time (billets, officer housing etc.) with just a few of the hangars and the tower possibly specific to Hobbs.

For the UK there are a number of RAF building libraries made available by Ted Andrews so building UK WWII period airfields is comparatively easy but I don't know if such libraries exist for US WWII airfields.

If anyone could point me to a resource for US WWII buildings I would appreciate it so that I can start populating this field.

Cheers.
:ernae:

jdhaenens
November 2nd, 2009, 10:30
To tell the truth, Larry, I don't know of any collection of objects. There were standard cantonment buildings, andf I can sent the plans when I get home, but no libraries exist that I know.

I know that Crashaz has been working on his WWII Pearl Harbor for FSX. Maybe he will happen by.