PDA

View Full Version : Construction work

gavinc
November 1st, 2009, 02:52
Hi,
I am rebuilding all the default MS airfields so that they are aligned with Rhumbaflappy's coastlines and mesh as much as is possible.

Since the original airfields weren't exactly accurate I haven't worried too much about placing things precisely where they should have historically been. I have tried to keep the new airfields as close to the originals as possible.

I have re-created 50 of the 51 original airfields (Ocean Island seems to have a land/water class issue that I haven't resolved) and am in the process of using the built in GSL editor to move the default objects into alignment with the new runway positions.

This is definitely going to be a quick and dirty project but anyone who wants to get their hands dirty is welcome to pm me.

Things I still need to do
1) modify the GSL for about 25 of the airfields
2) update the airbases.dat file to reflect the revised locations
3) update the AFD files to fix start locations & runway info
4) write installation docs

Anyone interested in volunteering for any of those tasks??

Thanks
Gavin

Jagdflieger
November 1st, 2009, 03:26
Gavin,

Good luck on the project. I don't have CFS 2 in my present circumstance; but if I did, it would be fun to help with the GSL portion.

gavinc
November 2nd, 2009, 05:27
Gavin,

Good luck on the project. I don't have CFS 2 in my present circumstance; but if I did, it would be fun to help with the GSL portion.

Thanks Jagd,
Hopefully by the time you are back in civilization (ie anywhere where you can "play" with CFS2) I will have this done. But don't bet on it so I may still need to take you up on your offer.

Gavin

gavinc
November 5th, 2009, 23:12
All the GSL updates are done (when I say done I mean that everything sits on land and there are no palm trees actually in the middle of the runways).
I have done quick flights over most of them and there are no screaming horrors.

Still need to fine tune the AFDs & update the airbase.dat file.

Anyone want an alpha release? You need to know your way around the structure of CFS cuz there is no documentation so you will have to be able to install it yourself.

Gavin

gavinc
November 9th, 2009, 22:40
Well,
Got a couple of willing victims to alpha test the replacements. So we will see what damage this does to their machines BWAAAA-HAAAAA (walks off stage rubbing hands together and laughing maniacally)

kelticheart
November 10th, 2009, 00:32
Thank you very much Gavinc!

Someone had to take on the grunt work, I am glad you did. All the other precise and accurate addons you uploaded are a guarantee for a splendid job.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Now we can talk of a major CFS2 overahul and upgrade!

Cheers!
KH :ernae: