PDA

View Full Version : Effect Files

Pepere
October 31st, 2009, 16:29
Just found out you can modify them using text editor! Came in handy when for some unGodly reason my small Ga planes were making splash sounds when landing on runways. Edited the fx_tchdwn_s.fx file and :pop4: back to tires hitting good old terra firma! Nice suprise!

David
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

peter12213
October 31st, 2009, 18:41
almost evrything in fsx can be edited exept .mdl files with TXT and other! Welcome to the FSX club mate sounds to me like you just upgraded!

Pepere
November 1st, 2009, 17:01
No. Had a computer crash from a virus infections, maybe swine virus, and had to completely reformat and reinstall XP Pro. Fun! But did weed out unwanted things in the process and gained a few fps by installing FSX on a HD all by its self.

David

Tako_Kichi
November 1st, 2009, 17:20
No. Had a computer crash from a virus infections, maybe swine virus, and had to completely reformat and reinstall XP Pro. Fun! But did weed out unwanted things in the process and gained a few fps by installing FSX on a HD all by its self.

David
That sounds exactly like me last weekend (minus the virus though...mine was just locking up games and the internet after about 20 minutes). I too put FSX on it's own drive this time and it seems to be running much better now....mind you the latest nVidia beta drivers seem to be helping too. Like you it also gave me a chance to weed out the chaff that I never fly anymore and to start fresh with a new gauge and effects folder (my effects folder was full of light stuff that mostly never got used as I put 3D lights on almost everything).