PDA

View Full Version : tail of the dragon

cheezyflier
October 27th, 2009, 19:35
some of you here know what tail of the dragon is. for those who don't, it's a motorcycle resort in north carolina. specifically, rte 129. it has 318 turns in 11 miles. i spent 9 days there once and had the best vacation ever. but, i was rather tame about it and rode my motorcycle. this guy chose a far more exotic ride, and lived to tell the tale:

http://vimeo.com/3862342

Lionheart
October 27th, 2009, 20:20
lolol..

That was pretty cool.

At first I thought they departed at dawn, but evidently at dusk.

He lived!

cheezyflier
October 28th, 2009, 07:07
in case any of you notice the name "killboy" on the video he is a cfs fanatic who also runs a business taking pics at the dragon. he gets his name from his skills as a virtual fighter pilot.

CADFather
October 28th, 2009, 18:41
The wife and I took the cage through there this past weekend, I'm only 2-1/2 hrs away from there and that's counting the trip across the Cherohola Skyway with fog so thick you can't see the front of the car at times. Anyway we went through Saturday around 1400 hrs and Killboy wasn't in his corner where he always is. Gonna have to get on his butt for abandoning his post.:173go1: By the way the Chrysler 300, my new ride handles like a dream, that's the first time I've been able to push it and I gave it all that I dared with the wife in the car and it still is in one piece.:applause: I'll be heading back up there probably in April with the guys from RSWarrior.com for WarriorFest V. If you ride come on out with us for a week of riding in the area, not just on the Dragon.

cheezyflier
October 28th, 2009, 20:59
you're right, there are alot of good roads out there, not just the dragon. some are better, even. if you live out that way, you are a lucky man!