October 27th, 2009, 12:57
Howdy all.
HELP
hardware:
Asus M3N72-D motherboard with Nvidia nForce 750a SLI chipset
Phenom X4 quad core processor
4GB ram
Gainward PCi-E Nvidia 9600GT Golden Sample with 1024mb DDR3 memory
had power supply issues with graphics but got that sorted.
Screen jump since re-install of XP and CFS3 makes game unplayable, aircraft jump 1-3 CM across screen in an unpredictable and intermittent manner.
tried re-re-re installing CFS, updated all drivers, stopped most things running at boot with MXConfig
NOTTIN HELPS!! :isadizzy:
any pointers or advice welcome....pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

blacksheep-ghost03
October 27th, 2009, 13:02
when i have that problem it's the joystick.
I use the logitech 3dpro and when it gets wore
out it will make the plane jump around. Just something to check out.

Hurri
October 27th, 2009, 13:04
you could well be correct m8, had a suspicion but thought i was being stoopid. on the startup screen (choose multi, quick etc) the scenery jumps around too!! The pilot is bouncing too!! I've also got the logitech

blacksheep-ghost03
October 27th, 2009, 13:24
easy to test ........just unplug your stick . The game will run fine without no joystick. Of course don't unplug it while in the game.

Hurri
October 27th, 2009, 13:39
Nope, back to the drawing board, same with no stick plugged in:pop4:

Daiwilletti
October 27th, 2009, 13:39
Hi Hurri,
on reinstall of cfs3, did you delete all the files iin the Application Data pathway? You might simply have corruption in the uisel.xml and the other viewui.xml files, etc, in the Application Data pathway. Often the problem is simpler rather than more complicated.

If scenery is scrolling fast, there is often a mismatch between the file that controls the default location in Quick Combat, and the global_layer.csv. Hence simply deleting the generated files under the Application Data pathway (from memory Documents and settings/user/application data/microsoft/microsoft games/combat flight simulator 3) may help on the restart.

HTH,

Tailwind
October 27th, 2009, 14:11
Hi

I have been facing screen jitters and hesitations on my duo core. I have been trying to sort it but have never really gotten it to go away. Seems the jitter is a side affect of some multicore CPU's. I have had it on both ATI and Nvidia video cards. I currently have twin 9800 SLI cards and have jitters that just won't go away. It is not generally the video card that is causing the issue however.

CFS3 was not designed for and will not use more than one core on your CPU. I have tried all the supposed tweaks for CFS3 with no success and came to realize that most where deisgned for older system. I had some success by assigning only one processor in set affinity in task manager. Instructions here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932689

That being said I still have some jitters and hesitation. If you have any success please post it 'cause I would love to get rid of it

:ernae:

TW

Hurri
October 27th, 2009, 21:07
Thanks everybody,
will try whats been mentioned, bang head some more and report back

Hurri
October 27th, 2009, 22:16
Hi

I have been facing screen jitters and hesitations on my duo core. I have been trying to sort it but have never really gotten it to go away. Seems the jitter is a side affect of some multicore CPU's. I have had it on both ATI and Nvidia video cards. I currently have twin 9800 SLI cards and have jitters that just won't go away. It is not generally the video card that is causing the issue however.

CFS3 was not designed for and will not use more than one core on your CPU. I have tried all the supposed tweaks for CFS3 with no success and came to realize that most where deisgned for older system. I had some success by assigning only one processor in set affinity in task manager. Instructions here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932689

That being said I still have some jitters and hesitation. If you have any success please post it 'cause I would love to get rid of it

TW

Thanks mate,
cant believe that Microsoft's solution to a problem in one of thier games is to disable 75% of your processor!! Typical:mad::mad:
runs smooth but will see what happens in time

Tailwind
October 28th, 2009, 04:19
A little app that will allow you to set affinity on a specific program. I think you can set and forget so you don't have to do it each time.

I have not tested this yet however

http://www.koma-code.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=93

TW

MajorMagee
October 28th, 2009, 19:00
Or you might give this little beauty a try:

http://www.bitsum.com/prolasso.php

It really made a difference in the smoothness of running all my simulations. It includes being able to explicitly manage CPU affinities, as well as its' primary purpose which is to automatically boost the process priority of your games.