PDA

View Full Version : OOook...so..anyone has stumbled on this?

Prowler1111
October 27th, 2009, 07:27
Since i have more time to be behind a pc, i just stumbled into this:

http://flightprosim.com/

looks good....all of sudden everyone wants a piece of the cake left by MS???

Prowler

bushpilot
October 27th, 2009, 07:31
I don't know... it looks like FS2002. And we already have two better sims compared that which are fs2004 and FSX:monkies:

falcon409
October 27th, 2009, 07:39
"Finally the Game Flight Fans have Been Waiting for...."

Really? I mean, I guess I can appreciate their enthusiasm in wanting to get this is front of the public, but based on what we have with FSX and the screenshots from their site. . . .is it really what we've been waiting for?

What I see is a sim that has the appearance of Pre-FS9 graphics. Sorry but before you hail it as the next coming. . . .it needs a lot more work.

Kiwikat
October 27th, 2009, 07:45
Don't even think about it.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=15528.0

jpmes
October 27th, 2009, 07:47
Flight Pro Sim is actually FlightGear. You can download it for free from here (http://www.flightgear.org/).

Regards
Jean-Paul

Alexraptor
October 27th, 2009, 07:59
High Quality visuals are just as important as the working mechanics IMO.
Thats why i gave up FS9 for FSX, because the HD addons and superb unmatched detail in FSX really makes it feel like your there.... IE.. REX2, MegaScenery X etc.

CodyValkyrie
October 27th, 2009, 09:48
Take it from me, MS and the FS series are not dead.

Don't bother asking me for sources.

calypsos
October 27th, 2009, 09:56

No, not dead, just 'resting'!!!!!

kilo delta
October 27th, 2009, 10:17
...or perhaps "transitioning" (to another format?)

Thoe6969
October 27th, 2009, 10:53

Don't bother asking me for sources.As far as were concerned it's dead,you'll never see another one from MS for pc and thats the only one that counts.

rwmarth
October 27th, 2009, 11:20
Honestly, that looks awful.

IanP
October 27th, 2009, 11:23
The most common rumour is NOT that it will become a console title, but that it will remain on PC as a pay-to-use or pay-per-component version using Windows LIVE to distribute the parts on demand.

That's still a PC title, even if it is a very effective method of alienating the vast majority of their audience.

Alienating them, making them dislike you, but vast numbers of us will still buy it because it will be shiny and new. ;)

bushpilot
October 27th, 2009, 11:35
but vast numbers of us will still buy it because it will be shiny and new. ;)

Not gonna happen for me. Ain't no thang leaving this hobby as soon as that kind of silliness rises it's ugly head:kilroy:.

NoNewMessages
October 27th, 2009, 11:40

Good, another believer here! To me, it's not a matter of is, just when.

Might even start to bug the niece's husband to make me a "FS11 Certified" logo... :bump:

CodyValkyrie
October 27th, 2009, 12:29
I'm not "believing" here. I have it on good information that the new incarnation of FS will indeed be made for PC, and will include features akin to the "Steam" application or the 360 online applications. If this indeed pans out, this could lead to a more diverse and more closely knit community.

I have to be careful what I say, and who told me what. I'm just saying that my original concepts and thoughts based on what little information MS has indeed let out has been confirmed by a source.

Guys, think about it. Remember all those statements MS said about MS Live? The polls?

:engel016:

If I am wrong, I'll have egg on my face... but I doubt it.

Think of the options for developers. They can focus on developing, they get more money for their products because MS is doing the majority of the marketing, and MS gets their cut. This could prove to be smart move for developers to jump on board with, and we would see a large influx of funds for our hobby for our favorite developers.

And who cares anyways about having to purchase a few things to make the game better? Isn't that what we are ALREADY doing?

I also doubt MS will depart from Bruce Artwick's position on the franchise. I have no doubt that freeware would continue to be developed.

Now, I'll let it rest at this... I have no information on the current state of the franchise. I just know that these are the things I am hearing being talked about by those who are working with MS on this. For all I know, they might not even have a single line of code written.... or, it could only be a year away. Simply put, I don't know more than what I have told you all.

Alexraptor
October 27th, 2009, 12:35
Personally i dont mind if were without an FS11 for years to come, to finally get to enjoy a FS version to the full without worrying about the next version ;)
Yeah i know, you might say nothing forces you to change.... but it does make a difference when addon developers dedicate themselves to a single version, which is logical.

txnetcop
October 27th, 2009, 12:53

Cody is 100% right...patience grasshoppas...patience
Ted

Kiwikat
October 27th, 2009, 12:54
Personally i dont mind if were without an FS11 for years to come, to finally get to enjoy a FS version to the full without worrying about the next version ;)
Yeah i know, you might say nothing forces you to change.... but it does make a difference when addon developers dedicate themselves to a single version, which is logical.

Amen to that. :engel016:

hews500d
October 27th, 2009, 12:59
Amen to that. :engel016:

+1 :engel016:

Darrell

IanP
October 27th, 2009, 13:16
I've got to say, Cody, that I have followed Windows LIVE and Games for Windows LIVE for a while. It's been relaunched no less than three times to absolutely no fanfare whatsoever and an utterly lukewarm reaction. Nobody has been at all impressed with it.

By moving their most popular franchises (FS, HALO, etc.) and by paying other publishers to force you to use it (THQ, Sega) then they are attempting to lever their way into market share by force, rather than by choice. It's typical MS, but it has worked in the past on so many things, so why should it not work now? Remember how many people yelled and screamed and said that they would NEVER use software that required online activation? I wonder how many gamers who were involved in those rants and whines are now still running Windows 98SE, ME or 2000 and how many are running XP, Vista or 7?

Unlike most geeks, gamers and Linux don't mix at all well.

falcon409
October 27th, 2009, 14:21
Not gonna happen for me. Ain't no thang leaving this hobby as soon as that kind of silliness rises it's ugly head:kilroy:.
Same here Bushpilot. As a retiree on a very fixed income, the minute I have to start paying to enjoy something I already own for free, that's when I'll be leaving the group. I've always used FSHost for online simming (as far as I'm concerned it's the only one worth using for MP) and as long as they can remain independent (and that's questionable) then I can still enjoy the MP world as well.

Kiwikat
October 27th, 2009, 17:24
Unlike most geeks, gamers and Linux don't mix at all well.

I play games (not sure if that meets your definition of "gamer") and I love linux, though I don't play games ON linux. :ernae:

(x- in my case)Ubuntu 9.10 comes out Thursday!!! :icon_twi:

empeck
October 28th, 2009, 02:56
Windows Live would be nice, but it's not supported in my country :P

IanP
October 28th, 2009, 08:43
Kat: I was referring to "people who play games" so yes, you fit very much within the category and you also show my point as you point out that you play games and use Linux, but don't play games on Linux... FSX is a good example. It doesn't work on Linux. I know a number of Linux fans who have said "Oh, I'll get it working!" - none have yet succeeded (although apparently FS9 works nicely... Worth remembering that!)

empeck: You're really not missing out, unless you want to play a multiplayer game that only works with LIVE. Otherwise, the reason it hasn't taken off is because there are larger, more accepted and more importantly better incumbent applications in the market. Hence my comments that MS are trying to force people to use it because it's been launched three times and still hasn't been picked up by more than a small fraction of those using the other equivalent services.

However, going back to the original subject of this thread, I won't write off any flightsim that I can see development taking place of. A lot of people (as this thread also shows) don't trust or like the way that MS have implied they will take forward the franchise. Although I strongly suspect that many who say they won't ever get it eventually will, if there are other products available, they're competing for exactly the same small userbase and MS may well get stung if they go too far.

Bjoern
October 28th, 2009, 11:15
The most common rumour is NOT that it will become a console title, but that it will remain on PC as a pay-to-use or pay-per-component version using Windows LIVE to distribute the parts on demand.

Must...suppress...rage...

Motormouse
October 28th, 2009, 15:27

Pining for the Fjord's?

Sorry,couldn't resist it!!!

ttfn

Pete

OBIO
October 28th, 2009, 15:44
If MS comes out with a pay-to-play sim...I won't bite. I will stick with FS9 until I can no longer find a computer to run it. FSX (which is sitting in a drawer on the other side of the room) might get put to use if I ever get a computer to run it. But pay-to-play...nope. Simply isn't going to happen. I am too poor, too tight-fisted and too married to ever pay a subscription or what have you to fly cartoon planes.

OBIO