PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Question

Duckie
October 24th, 2009, 15:19
Trying to relocate the MAAM Langley. I want to place several of them along the east coast close to naval bases and ports with NAS.

I think I'm following the instructions correctly but the sim keeps using "EAST" longitude when I want it to use "WEST" longitude.

The .xml I'm using as a base file doesn't specifiy so neither do I when I enter to coordinates.

What am I doing wrong and how do I do it right?

Thanks,
Duckie

Dangerousdave26
October 24th, 2009, 15:36
For west Longitude enter the number as -xxx.xxxxxxx

North is positive number

South is negative number

West is Negative number

East is Positive number.

That should be all you need to know.

Now it is correct

Duckie
October 24th, 2009, 15:52
For west Longitude enter the number as -xxx.xxxxxxx

North is positive number

South is negative number

West is Negative number

East is Positive number.

That should be all you need to know.

Now it is correct

Thanks DD

On the way to give a try,

Duckie

Dangerousdave26
October 24th, 2009, 15:57
BGLComp will compile scenery with both Decimal Degree lat/longitude and Degrees, Minutes and Seconds.

I prefer the former.

Tom Clayton
October 24th, 2009, 16:13
It even compiles in combinations of both. When I do an exclude rectangle by hand, I use DD MM.MMM notations and they compile just fine.

Duckie
October 25th, 2009, 09:07
'nuther question along the same lines. BTW Thanks for both tips above. Either way works.

Now, when I compile my new location, the sim doesn't place the carrier in the spot I plot. It's consistently 20 to 25 minutes less than the coordinates I use in the xml file. When I try to compensate by adding 20 minutes to each coordinate it ADDS 20 something minutes to the actual "new" coordinates I've entered.

Is this "just the way it is" or am I still missing something?

Thanks,
Duckie

NoNewMessages
October 25th, 2009, 09:39
Is this "just the way it is" or am I still missing something?

Try using this tool to give you accurate placement info; tcalc_v2.zip at Flightsim. Run it alongside FS9 and it will give you accurate Lat/Lon that you can cut and paste from the tool.

Duckie
October 25th, 2009, 10:48
Try using this tool to give you accurate placement info; tcalc_v2.zip at Flightsim. Run it alongside FS9 and it will give you accurate Lat/Lon that you can cut and paste from the tool.

PERFECTAMUNDO!

Just what the Doctor ordered. Thanks very much, LCSims.

Duckie