PDA

View Full Version : a little (true) story about a small airfield and Homeland security

Daveroo
October 26th, 2008, 14:48
My moms Uncle had decided to learn to fly..so he bought a cessna 185,( i had mistakenly believed it was a 172 before),built a runway.pavement..built a hanger and a small house..hired a pilot to train him in flight and moved the pilot and his family into the house while he learned to fly...then after he got his lic..the family moved out and he used it as a rental...
about a month ago my moms cousin started getting phone calls..they were odd calls..asking odd questions and she got spooked and would just hang up.after the 12th or so hang up..she answered the phone one day and heard a guy yelling "PLEASE DONT HANG UP..PLEASE DONT HANG UP.." so she said ok you have 5 minutes..i have your number on my caller ID ..then i call the local PD and give em ya number....he says..listen..im with homeland security..my name is.___________ and i need to ask you about your private airport.she says...uh...we dont have one..so he says..well you are _______ and yer at ______ and your father was _____ and he was a pilot of a cessna 185 and had a runway and...so about this time the cousin says..OMG id forgoten about that......

silence.....

he says huh?.....she replies...well the runway is now a leeve road on our farm...the hanger burned down in the 70s and the house was torn down in the 80s.....
he says..wheres the airplane?? she says..well my brother traded it to a farmer down the road for a cotton picker in the mid 90s....should be paper work somewhere...he laughed said oh ok...well it shows as a working airport on some (get this) simulators..and were checking things out....and he accually refered to MS FS9 cof...i checked..its there..

Willis Ranch 75CL,Dos Palos Ca

he then went on to tell her they are checking these types of airports for terrorist type activity....she says...says....she said to him..dont you think it would be more effective to go look?....:jump:

N2056
October 26th, 2008, 14:54
she said to him..dont you think it would be more effective to go look?....:jump:

Classic! :costumes:

TARPSBird
October 26th, 2008, 15:07
Our tax dollars at work - funding the "Flight Sim Terrorist Airport Research" branch of Homeland Secirity. :mad:

OBIO
October 26th, 2008, 16:31
I may be in big trouble! The other day, while trying out a new plane in CFS2, I was totally taken by surprise by the amount of prop torque the air file had programmed into it.....and I taxi'd into a house. Sure as all get out, Homeland Insecurity will be beating down my door under the misguided belief that I am practicing for a terror attack.

TARPSBird
October 26th, 2008, 16:55
Obio,
That collision-detection event was transmitted to Microsoft's "Virtual Air Terrorist" center for subsequent forwarding to Homeland Security. The black helos are enroute as we speak.
STEP AWAY FROM THE JOYSTICK!!!
;)

srgalahad
October 26th, 2008, 22:53
Since MSFS is registered and/or activated "they" know where we are (how many thousand copies were sold??) ...

but we're probably safe...

DHS doesn't have enough black helicopters to get us all in simultaneous raids and if we start noticing diappearances or sudden dr -click-

Daveroo
October 27th, 2008, 08:13
what i love about the black helicopter thing...the local SO office uses black 206's for LE work here..cracks me up....:d