PDA

View Full Version : GAS FSX Stearman Patch

Spad54
October 24th, 2009, 08:13
"This patch, for the FSX, version corrects an error in prop rotation animation, increases the dB of sound level in VC cockpit of 220 hp powered models and adds a custom magneto switch to the VC providing improved manipulation of the switch position"

http://goldenagesimulations.com/GAS/B75FSX_Patch.zip

gajit
October 24th, 2009, 08:18
Thanks - off to download :applause:

SpaceWeevil
October 24th, 2009, 08:25
I hadn't noticed the prop was animated wrong, but the mag switch and the throatier VC sounds are very welcome. Great job!

Spad54
October 24th, 2009, 08:39
Yea.......the prop spins counterclockwise.....:redf::banghead:.......not good,, but fixed now

VCN-1
October 24th, 2009, 08:42
Is there going to be a paint kit released for this?

VCN-1

alpine
October 24th, 2009, 09:23
Thanks, did you just change the proprotation, or also the proptexture? The armyversion had a much more transparent texture, which I installed in all planes.
Regarding to the sound, I`m little disappointed, cause I was hoping for some "wind in the wires"...

Cheers, Thilo

Spad54
October 24th, 2009, 09:37
Thanks, did you just change the proprotation, or also the proptexture? The armyversion had a much more transparent texture, which I installed in all planes.
Regarding to the sound, I`m little disappointed, cause I was hoping for some "wind in the wires"...

Cheers, Thilo

Only the rotation all the textures remained the same. I never noticed the army version had a different look to the prop disc. I agree with you and have now changed all the others to that texture. One does what one can with the VC sound. Mike Hambley jacked them up about as much as he could without getting distortion. Boosting the cockpit volume in the FSX settings may get you the volume your looking for

Spad54
October 24th, 2009, 09:47
Is there going to be a paint kit released for this?

VCN-1

There won't be a specific paint kit, but that said if you use the bitmaps as a guide, the repaint should come out alright. I'm thinking of a few I might do myself

VCN-1
October 24th, 2009, 10:06
Sorry to hear there is no paint kit.

I know of 2 sales that hinged on that issue.

VCN-1

Spad54
October 24th, 2009, 13:30
no worries:guinness: cheers