PDA

View Full Version : Sim Outhouse FSX Hamachi server

dhl1986
October 23rd, 2009, 20:12
I am sure some of you have heard of Hamachi before. For those that haven't, basically what it is is a zero configuration LAN emulator. You enter a server name, and a password, and connect to a VLAN, where you can then play games as though you were on an actual LAN together. It works great with FSX.

I play regularly with friends using this program, and if anyone wants to come play with us sometime feel free to connect.

Server name: OuthouseLAN
Password: OuthouseLAN

The server and password ARE case sensitive. Hope to see some of you on there :guinness:

Dougie
October 24th, 2009, 05:28
This looks really really cool. I've tried setting it up but don't understand some of it. Is there any tutorials on how to use this for FSX?

dhl1986
October 24th, 2009, 09:47
This looks really really cool. I've tried setting it up but don't understand some of it. Is there any tutorials on how to use this for FSX?

No tutorials, you don't need a tutorial. :)

Basically all that you have to do is have two people on the same network, that have FSX. If you want to share a payware aircraft, both of you have to have it installed. One person makes a server in FSX under LAN, and the other person will see it on the server list. Sometimes, and I don't know why, it won't appear on the list, and you have to connect directly by entering an IP. But either way it is a very painless process. Beats the hell out of Gamespy, that's for sure. I have been doing some L-39 formation flying with friends, giving lessons to new simmers, mock dogfighting, etc.

Very, very fun if you get a group of serious and knowledgeable pilots together on a server.

Tweek
October 24th, 2009, 10:02
Does it retain all the fancy stuff like smoke and animations, and also the fluidity of Gamespy? If so, then it'd be a great alternative to both Gamespy and FSHost.

dhl1986
October 24th, 2009, 11:02
Does it retain all the fancy stuff like smoke and animations, and also the fluidity of Gamespy? If so, then it'd be a great alternative to both Gamespy and FSHost.

Yes, it is in no way a lightweight version of Gamespy. All functionality is present.

I am about to start up a game with a friend doing a canyon run in the L-39, feel free to come join us.

Dougie
October 24th, 2009, 14:55
Okay, and for the IP. Does this have to be the one created by Homanchi, or is that your own? because I use a router and my IP only ever shows the local one, not my own.

dhl1986
October 24th, 2009, 15:11
Okay, and for the IP. Does this have to be the one created by Homanchi, or is that your own? because I use a router and my IP only ever shows the local one, not my own.

Let's say you and a friend were both on the Hamachi server, and the two of you wanted to play a private game together. One of you would make a game, and the other would connect to the person who is hostings IP displayed at the top of Hamachi. After you initially connect to the network, nothing from the Hamachi server you are on will be needed again. You will auto connect until you remove that particular server from your list.

dhl1986
October 24th, 2009, 21:29
http://img38.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=fsx2009102423091994.jpg

Here is a multiplayer flight we had earlier, I was in the backseat, my friend in the front, sharing the L-39 from lotussims. We flew from Atlanta, GA to Asheville, NC and back. Tons of fun.

Still haven't seen anyone from SOH on the hamachi network, hoping someone will come play with us sometime.

Capt.Vaughn
October 25th, 2009, 06:07
I dont understand,where is fsx multiplayer do you enter a username and password?