PDA

View Full Version : Language-Irritation

skybolt66
October 22nd, 2009, 23:36
Gladly surprised to get uploaded "Italian Radiochatters" and starting 1'st Italian-mission, I heard----nothing! In 2'nd misssion GERMAN calls appearerd:confused:.
Install. is --like other calls: "ita.gvr"'s (only7?) in RADIO/SOUND-folder,
entry in Country-CFG: Short_name=ITA
In what files are entries to allocate missions to right nations for radio-calls? Other simmers posted in sev. forums: All runs well !
What's going wrong?
skybolt66.

JapLance
October 23rd, 2009, 02:31
Are your planes set as Italian in the [MISC_DATA] section of the DP file?. I think it's necessary.

[MISC_DATA]
unit_family=1
category=1
allegiance=6 <----- This is the country of the plane
max_group_size=8
min_speed=155
cruise_speed=515
max_speed=650
min_alt=50
cruise_alt=8500
max_alt=11500
entered_service=7/1/43
crew=1

skybolt66
October 23rd, 2009, 05:25
...thanks, but doesn't work! Or must I check the enemy-planes also?

erufle
October 23rd, 2009, 07:13
Make sure the sixth entry in your country.cfg file is Italian, short name=ita, and that you are flying a campaign for that country. Also, in your country.cfg file you can set the default country to 6 , which would then be Italy. You also have to make a copy of your Japanese gvi files and rename them ita01.gvi, ita01gvi, etc. If you want the corresponding English text you have to do the same with the Japanese gvt files. ita01, ita02, etc. I am sorry I could not have made it a simple drag and drop package but doing so would have been a violation of copyright laws. Do we need to have another member rewrite the installation instructions in another language? It is very important to read the directions carefully when installing language packs. There will likely be more to follow and they will all need to be installed using the same method.

kdriver
October 23rd, 2009, 07:14
Try checking the aircraft entries in the mission files with Notepad for "allegiance=6".

sc7500
October 23rd, 2009, 14:12
Here's a copy of my "boiler plate" country.cfg for reference... note that, until we build some, there is no info for many of the nationalities....

SC
:kilroy:

skybolt66
October 23rd, 2009, 23:31
O.k.--works well now! Thanks "erufle" for upload, what about to add a little "Readme" there to give the last cick (converting jpn...to ita); using for "weekend-fighters" only !
:icon29:<= Chianti Classico! Salute to ALL,
skybolt66.

erufle
October 24th, 2009, 02:16
I just downloaded the package and checked the readme. It contains all the necessary instructions. However, I do plead guilty to making the package a little difficult to install. Like I said, it is not a simple drag and drop. It is, however, simple to install if you read the directions carefully. Remember what I just said when the Australian Chatter package is finished. By the way, I need more Australian speaking volunteers to help with that project. PM me if you are willing to record a few lines.