PDA

View Full Version : Sound Question

Duckie
October 22nd, 2009, 17:19
Where does the sounds for "tire chirp" and rolling (rumbling) tires reside and is it adjustable? Are there modified fiels that cna be exchanged or can the base files be latered for these and other "special FX"?

Anybody?

Thanks

Duckie

Tom Clayton
October 22nd, 2009, 17:55
If it's not in the aircraft's sound folder (or aliasing folder), it will be in the main Sound folder in your root installation. Scroll through the sound.cfg from the sound package and you can find the specific filename.

Duckie
October 22nd, 2009, 18:59
Thank you , Tom. That's exactly what I'm looking for. :ernae:

Duckie

OBIO
October 23rd, 2009, 05:43
Duckie

The following is a copy of the sections of the sound config file that call touch down and roll sounds:

[LEFT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=toucl

[RIGHT_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=toucr

[CENTER_TOUCHDOWN]
filename=toucc

[GROUND_ROLL]
filename=usroll1
flags=131072
minimum_volume=6000
maximum_volume=10000
minimum_speed=3
maximum_speed=55
minimum_rate=0.80
maximum_rate=1.60
link=GROUND_ROLL2

[GROUND_ROLL2]
filename=usroll2
flags=10534
link=GROUND_ROLL3

[GROUND_ROLL3]
filename=usroll3
flags=54492

In this example, the sounds are pulled from the sim's SOUND folder and are stock sounds. If there is a particular touch down sound that you like and want to use, you can change the names in the touch down lines to the name of that wav file (leave off the .wav) and place that sound file inside the aircraft's sound folder or where ever you have the sound pack that you are using for that plane.

OBIO

Duckie
October 23rd, 2009, 06:06
Hey OBIO, thanks for the tips.

Couple of buddies I fly on line with "lost" their roll and tire chirp sounds. The lines were in the aircraft sound config files but no files of that name were in the AC sound folder. And they couldn't locate the sounds or know were to look other than the aircraft sound folder. For that matter, neither did I! :icon_lol:

Thanks to Tom's reponse, we found that the files were missing from the master sound folder and repaired the problem. Of coure who would have ever thought that they might be in the master sound folder?:sleep: :kilroy: :icon_lol:

Since I've built my new PC I've started to tinker with things I've never considered before and sound might be my next distraction! Mix and match type stuff for personal use, certainly no recording or re-mixing.

Anyway, thanks again. Your tips confirmed what I suspected but wasn't sure of because I've just never tinkered with sound files before.

Cheers,
duckie

OBIO
October 23rd, 2009, 06:23
Duckie

I have a ton of personalized sound packs that I have put together for various planes....specialized sound packs for float planes. planes with extra loud wind to really make open-cockpit flying more "real". Tinkering with sound is so fun and instantly rewarding.

If you need any help, give me a holler and I will do my best to totally confuse you LOL.

OBIO

Duckie
October 23rd, 2009, 09:12
Duckie

I have a ton of personalized sound packs that I have put together for various planes....specialized sound packs for float planes. planes with extra loud wind to really make open-cockpit flying more "real". Tinkering with sound is so fun and instantly rewarding.

If you need any help, give me a holler and I will do my best to totally confuse you LOL.

OBIO

:icon_lol: One can never be confused enough! :isadizzy:

Thanks OBIO. I'm sure I'll take you up on on your offer, especially after the first time I FUBAR a sound file! :monkies:

Duckie