PDA

View Full Version : De Havilland DHC-3....the search is on

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 11:44
I have John Woodward's DHC-2 Beavers (float and wheeled), Brian Gladden's Norseman in Float and Wheel, I have Eugene Somethingorother's DHC-3 PZL Otter (the Polish built version with the 1000 HP radial and 4 blade prop). What I don't have is a regular DHC-3 Otter with the Pratt and Whitney Wasp and 3 blade prop. I saw that Abacus has one for $10....but I was not impressed by the screenshots I of it....looked more like a FS2002 model at best...and not a good FS2002 model either.

Is there a DHC-3 Otter with the PW Wasp and 3 blade prop out there anywhere? I have checked the usual sites and found nothing.

OBIO

Heck, I even have the newer Turbo Otter, the Twotter (Twin Otter), the Super Otter....but I really need just a plane jane Otter.

And another thing, I had another ADDD flair up and have begun working on John's Beaver (somehow that just sounds WRONG!) and giving it some much needed skin work. The Beaver was a fully metal constructed plane....and I am working up the paint template to reflect that fact. Can't do much with the forward part of the fuselage due to how the doors are mapped, but the wings and back half of the fuselage will clearly reflect the metal skin.

Mick
October 18th, 2009, 12:30
Steven Grant made a DHC-3 Otter on wheels (no float version :frown:).

Its roots go all the way back to FS98, but I don't think there's anything from FS98 left in it. It was updated into an FS9 plane and it looks like one.

You can find it at FlightSim.

There are a number of repaints available for it.

Dangerousdave26
October 18th, 2009, 13:13
Some Turbo Otters DHC 3T here plus some twin Otters

http://www.premaircraft.com/AC_MENU/index.html

burcham8
October 18th, 2009, 14:18
If it is Steven's Otter that can be found on flightsim.com painted up as a US Army U-1A, then I think it is a perfectly fine a/c. I have a stable of them for FS2004 and FS2002 and fly them often.

Marc Burcham

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 15:29
Unfortunately, Steve's DHC-3 Otter doesn't have a VC....and I fly from the VC. I only have 1 plane in my FS2004 collection that does not have a VC...I just don't keep non-VC planes.

OBIO

Willy
October 18th, 2009, 15:42
Obio, Non-VC aircraft make for great AI aircraft. I've got a bunch of 'em ;)

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 17:22
Non-VC aircraft are great for use as AI...if you know how to set up AI flight patterns....which I don't. Wish I did...well, maybe I actually don't because then I would have even more things for my AADD to jump around on and I would get even fewer projects completed than I do now.

OBIO

Willy
October 18th, 2009, 17:54
Doing AI traffic is good for my OCD to focus on :d.

PeteHam
October 18th, 2009, 21:10
I'm another that would really like to see an updated P&W radial Otter.

Another thing is to get a realistic sound pack for it.

Pete.

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 21:52
Pete

On on of my many hundred back burners, I have a sound pack for the Pratt and Whitney R-1340 that I am working on. I am using the stock Vega sound pack, tweaking it for richer sound. Will get back to that soon as I have a lot of planes that need a good R-1340 sound pack, and the Vega stocker just doesn't really cut the mustard.

OBIO

PeteHam
October 18th, 2009, 21:59
Thanks OBIO :applause:

Pete.

Wild Bill Kelso
October 19th, 2009, 07:25
If it is Steven's Otter that can be found on flightsim.com painted up as a US Army U-1A, then I think it is a perfectly fine a/c.

I know this one: :icon_lol:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/81692.jpg

And observed from a little distance, it looks quite fine:

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/wildbillkelso_berlin/9407_3.jpg

But I'd even pay for a contemporary model!