PDA

View Full Version : Zoom, zoom, zoom, zoom........

Cazzie
October 18th, 2009, 07:24
All's ready, big upload and download as it is, I may split it into two zips, one for the default textures and one for my new repaints.

As mentioned, a lot has been done, little things like the black handholds on the lower wings (always visible in photos), the addition of wing and cabane rod and aerial posts on the fuselage, the addition or correct of new Alpha to everything on the exterior, repainting the OČ bottle green instead of red (:icon_lol:), etc. There are at least five textures to each texture folder involving the exterior textures. In addition, a texture for a black pilot is included for any who desire him. I hope I have it all to "my" liking, let me know how you like it when it's up. I must write a read me now and see how I want to package all. You folks are my best critics. :applause:

Caz

PEwZA6XtFaw

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 07:28
Caz

You have really given the old F3F a face lift with these new skins. She looks like a brand new plane. Great job all around.

OBIO

Wing_Z
October 18th, 2009, 10:55
The modeler's eye - great attention to detail Cazzie.
It's going to be hard to beat your screenshots though...;)

OBIO
October 18th, 2009, 11:37
Caz

Forgot to ask, is this new package a replacement for all the previous uploads you have done for the F3F, or updates to those earlier packages?

OBIO

Cazzie
October 18th, 2009, 18:59
Caz

Forgot to ask, is this new package a replacement for all the previous uploads you have done for the F3F, or updates to those earlier packages?

OBIO

Updated exterior textures only OBIO, except for the black pilot option. You can keep the folders as are, just replace any texture included for each texture in the zip.

Z-claudius24
October 18th, 2009, 19:34
Hi,

:ernae::applause: :applause:

PeteHam
October 18th, 2009, 21:06
Thanks for your dedication Cazzie :applause::applause:

You've bought this old girl back to life :jump::jump:

By the way what's a good sound pack to use ?

Pete.

Roger
October 18th, 2009, 23:17
Looking great Caz:applause: I wish it ported better in FsX but I'm using GW3 more recently so they'll look superb there!

Cazzie
October 19th, 2009, 03:22
Peter, OBIO fixed up a sound package using some of LawDog's Dauntlass sounds, the link is in another F3F thread but for the life of me, I cannot find it.

Roger, I agree, I ported it over when I saw your screens and I also darkened the contrast on the prop alpha and that helped much. I even converted the textures to DDS. It looks splendid, but frame rates, as per usual, suffer greatly. Therefore, like most all posted over FS09 aircraft, it is gone now. I like FSX, but it is persnickety, a new machine might help, but I can live with the one I have a little longer.

But GW3 and FS9 are always at the forefront, offering so many aircraft and all good and all flying at steady frame rates, even in congested areas.

Search LawDog's name here at SOH. His sounds packages are for CFS2, but they work fine in FS9 and FSX also.

Caz

Z-claudius24
October 19th, 2009, 06:52
Hi,

The sound used AFAIK is the xf5f.zip found in the downloads FS2004 sounds.

The CFG modification is in this message:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=23495

Cazzie
October 19th, 2009, 10:28
Hi,

The sound used AFAIK is the xf5f.zip found in the downloads FS2004 sounds.

The CFG modification is in this message:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=23495

That's it claudius, I knew OBIO did the package for the Skyrocket and even before he pointed out the cfg variable for one engine, I had done so. :icon29:

It's terrible to be old and in a hurry. I have been through doctor Hades this morning and after noon. Nothing wrong, just my yearly physical, but it still wastes three hours of my day! Blood work, EKG, and x-rays this morning, doctor consultation and check later. Errr.

In between I have been washing, drying, and putting away three loads opf laundry, making up three beds, cleaning the kid's room, no easy task considering they had two girl cousins our yesterday! I sure praise the Lord that I sired boys, as bad a mess as they can make, they cannot touch girls of the same age! :icon_lol:

Caz