PDA

View Full Version : Mission error. How to debug?

Emile
October 17th, 2009, 01:08
Hello,
I have installed new missions in MAW. Some do work very well, some do not work.

I start MAW , all the expected MAW screens are coming, I select the mission , I can read the briefing, I request "fly" , I wait (windows wait icon) and finally MAW is gone...

I can "read" the mission XML. Using the information found on this file can I control that all that is needed is present?

In fact the request is "how to debug"?
Thanks in advance

BTW how to take a screen shot in these games?

Murray Cod
October 17th, 2009, 03:48
If you open up the mission in the MAW version of the Mission Builder you should get an error message that identifies what is wrong (I think)

good luck

ps. check the control setup inside the game to see what key you have assigned to screenshots

Nonato
October 17th, 2009, 04:53
Also check if you have all the necessary planes, facilities, ships, sounds, spawns, etc. Sometimes the MB may let you down and you just have to "guess" which file you do not have.

Bonne chance tout de même!

PS: BTW which mission (s) are we talking about, exactly?

Emile
October 17th, 2009, 05:45
If you open up the mission in the MAW version of the Mission Builder you should get an error message that identifies what is wrong (I think)

good luck

ps. check the control setup inside the game to see what key you have assigned to screenshots

Hello, I have installed the Mission builder as explaned in the MAW game (MB was not installed) . When I start the MB I receive the initial CFS3 window , followed by the Mission Builder initial window but a few seconds later MB is gone , no error message ....

Emile
October 17th, 2009, 05:48
Also check if you have all the necessary planes, facilities, ships, sounds, spawns, etc. Sometimes the MB may let you down and you just have to "guess" which file you do not have.

Bonne chance tout de même!

PS: BTW which mission (s) are we talking about, exactly?

Hello,
This the Mission from xml to txt
Thanks