PDA

View Full Version : My new RW airplane

tigisfat
October 12th, 2009, 21:28
Okay, so I don't own it, but my company owns it and it's mostly for my use. What do you guys think? I'm in love. :kilroy:

:jump:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/Cirrus%20flight/IMG_1618-Copy.jpgHere's me with it after landing. I hope noone's offended if I edited out my face for personal security.

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/Cirrus%20flight/IMG_1620.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/Cirrus%20flight/IMG_1621.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/Cirrus%20flight/IMG_1625.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/Cirrus%20flight/IMG_1629.jpg

The pics were taken from the back by my brother. (my business's co-owner) I have a precious few flights in glass cockpit aircraft, so I'm getting checked out in it. This is a fairly 'plain' SR20, but it's lightyears beyond anything I've flown before, and I've flown all kinds of fun aircraft, to include brand new Extra 300Ls and such. Cirrus has reached a beautiful place of comfort and flight control balance that is just heavenly and incomparable. This was like getting into a luxury automobile that can get groceries, take all the kids to the park and still pull out accelerate it's contemporaries. Guys, this Cirrus handles like a fighter jet. The sidestick is more natural than anything else, and the castering nosewheel works better than the steering on some C172N models I fly.

luckydog
October 12th, 2009, 22:36
How are the spins ???

tigisfat
October 12th, 2009, 22:48
How are the spins ???

......The only thing I've been told so far is that the aircraft is nearly non-spinnable. I haven't spun it, and I don't plan to.

I guess Cirrus never put them through full spin testing because of the airframe parachute.

Do you know something I don't know?:kilroy:

FengZ
October 12th, 2009, 23:05
Nice! I'm so jealous! Love these SR2*.*

These birds are so fun to fly. I wasn't used to all that power at first...(i mostly fly 172s/182s). Have to get used to slowing down way before final...

I came close to buying a SR22 in 2006. They are like the Lexus of planes :) But i wanted to wait for a few more years for them to work out any problems...and the price might drop a bit too. Insurance for these birds are pretty crazy (when compared to a 172/182).

-feng

Wulf190
October 13th, 2009, 00:11
You lucky son of a gun!:gameon:

as far as spins, your right. They (Cirrus) got around the spin testing by putting the parachute in the plane. I wouldn't want to even attempt a spin if I flew a 22 because then that makes me a test pilot....

... and I don't get paid enough to do that!

Piglet
October 13th, 2009, 00:31
I hate working on those. Well they're not that bad, but plastic airframes belong on models.
Did you test the chute?:applause:
Just don't join the "Killed by Cirrus" club!

OBIO
October 13th, 2009, 01:51
Nice wings Tigisfat. I would post a pic of my new RW plane....but the paper I made it out of is copyrighted...rules are rules.

OBIO

cheezyflier
October 13th, 2009, 04:59
Here's me with it after landing. I hope noone's offended if I edited out my face for personal security.

c'mon now, we've all heard the rumors. we know why you're really hiding your face. don't worry, no one holds it against you :icon_lol:

Lionheart
October 13th, 2009, 06:15
Nice plane!

I too am a Cirrus fan. Very nice looking birds. Love the interiors as well with the cool joystick controls. The turbo flies radically fast for such a plane. (I dont know if thats the type you own).

I hope it works out well for you and there are never any breakdowns or mishaps.

Bill

jmig
October 13th, 2009, 12:13
Congratulations on getting such a nice airplane. I am sure you will love flying in your new bird. Now when you pull up to the FBO those cute line girls will pay attention to you. ;)

tigisfat
October 13th, 2009, 21:32
Congratulations on getting such a nice airplane. I am sure you will love flying in your new bird. Now when you pull up to the FBO those cute line girls will pay attention to you. ;)

They already do and have.:icon_lol:

I've pulled beautiful girlfriends out of a few of the most exclusive FBOs in the Southwest. I'm not a one-night stand kinda guy, but if you guys only knew the oppurtunities I've come across while travelling on business......

There's an FBO at Meacham that sees a private jet with young rich men at least twice an hour. Every single rich guy passing through has to notice the perfect ten behind the counter (years ago) and try their luck. Yours truly pulled up in a beat up Aeronca Champ asking for autogas, and was treated to dinner at one of Fort Worth's most exclusive restaraunts, Texas De Brazil, that night by said girl. One whirlwind romance later and I wasn't ready to settle down, despite her (rich) dad's pleadings and his offers of great jobs.

I think every high-class FBO in the country has a BEAUTIFUL woman or two working the counter, accepting thousands for jet fuel. Everyone seems to think they're gold diggers, but there's a lot of women who just like aviation but don't want to be pilots or mechanics.