PDA

View Full Version : ORBX's site has been updated: Twin Oaks pics now available

spotlope
October 11th, 2009, 10:16
This just in from the shameless self-promotion department: ORBX has updated their site it seems, and one of the new preview areas is for my maiden project with them. I'm back in the Pacific Northwest for now, doing a small airport that I've been wanting to get to for years: Stark's Twin Oaks.

Pics at http://www.fullterrain.com/product_us7S3.html

VFR Reviews
October 11th, 2009, 10:39
Very nice indeed Bill, I love your stuff :ernae:

CodyValkyrie
October 11th, 2009, 12:31
Bill, I think we need to talk ;)

Smudge
October 11th, 2009, 13:06
I like it! is it out yet...is it? is it??? :D lol.

lawdawg
October 11th, 2009, 13:10
Bill,
That stuff is mind blowingly (yeah) good.

crashaz
October 11th, 2009, 13:13
amazing work as usual Bill!

Nick C
October 11th, 2009, 13:15
Two thumbs up Bill...can't find any 'thumbs up' smilies though, so please just accept the following happy face. :icon32:

Anneke
October 11th, 2009, 13:19
better yet, Darrington of Richard Goldstein fame is back! Great! I always loved that little airport!

bushpilot
October 11th, 2009, 13:22
Yay :ernae:. Definitely can see your magic touch there Bill:applause:

Oli-TUB
October 11th, 2009, 13:40
It does indeed look nice. Although I must admit that from the first shots I lean more towards Darrington as my home base for the future PNW experience.

spotlope
October 11th, 2009, 13:44
Darrington will be a very nice scenery, too. And the PNW package they'll nestle into will be absolutely killer. I'm knocked out by what Holger and the crew have done thus far. The area's so big that unless you're flying a fast-mover, you'll need more than one base. How about Darrington in the north and Twin Oaks in the south? ;)

lawdawg
October 11th, 2009, 13:47
Darrington will be a very nice scenery, too. And the PNW package they'll nestle into will be absolutely killer. I'm knocked out by what Holger and the crew have done thus far. The area's so big that unless you're flying a fast-mover, you'll need more than one base. How about Darrington in the north and Twin Oaks in the south? ;)

Now that's a good idea there.

Dexdoggy
October 11th, 2009, 13:50
Really looking forward to this, soon please soon please soon please!

Oli-TUB
October 11th, 2009, 13:50

Isn't Darrington pretty much in the center? Anyway you're right for sure. That area is somewhat of 250*1000km judging by the coverage map. Flying from Darrington to the north and south end would prolly take an entire daylight session. :jump:

harleyman
October 11th, 2009, 13:56
Another great looking package .....:wavey:

Mithrin
October 11th, 2009, 13:58
Yup I'll buy both airports and was really happy to see the Darrington piccies as well. Looks good so far Bill!

Cazzie
October 11th, 2009, 15:17
Great looking scenery Bill, will make ORBX's PNW package all the more worthwhile.

Caz

MCDesigns
October 11th, 2009, 15:28
Dang Bill, looking sweet!! :ernae:

Anyone got a link on Richard and Darrington, want to read more about it.

spotlope
October 11th, 2009, 15:32
Dang Bill, looking sweet!! :ernae:

Anyone got a link on Richard and Darrington, want to read more about it.

The Orbx version has nothing to do with Richard - it's a totally new build by Andreas Hegi and Heiko Glatthorn. You can see it at http://fullterrain.com/product_us1S2.html .

MCDesigns
October 11th, 2009, 15:36
Thanks Bill, I hadn't seen that at the ORbx site, pretty impressive, you been tutoring them? LOL
Wow, just when I thought my modeling skills were picking up, now I need to get some more practice, LOL.

jdhaenens
October 11th, 2009, 15:48
Looking great as usual, Bill. That triple silo looks cool!

Jim

kjb
October 11th, 2009, 15:58
Gorgeous textures!

koorby
October 11th, 2009, 16:34
We have Bill's 7S3 in alpha testing right now and I've been tootling around over his scenery in the cub; it's a corker of a little airport with loads of atmosphere. Wait until you see what Bill's done with the multi-level elevations and 2m mesh; really cool!

1S2 Darrington is also in beta and those guys are also doing 3W5 Concrete Muni (and others). We loved the FS9 GeoRender series and will do our best to honour Richard Goldstein's legacy.

Can't say too much now, but we have a bunch of airports in the planning stages for PNW; there will be no lack of staging points if you want to do S-->N flights across the region.

Also, every one of the 400+ airports in the region has gotten a serious upgrade over default, so plenty to keep you amused :)

JayKae
October 11th, 2009, 22:13
Also just to add to this, I am trying to get devs onboard with OZx to make freeware small strips for PNW in the future :) Bill, I have said it before and I will say it again... fabulous work mate :)

Zorg_DK
October 14th, 2009, 06:14
Wow. those two American airfields look fantastic!

Dain Arns
October 14th, 2009, 06:33
We have Bill's 7S3 in alpha testing right now and I've been tootling around over his scenery in the cub; it's a corker of a little airport with loads of atmosphere. Wait until you see what Bill's done with the multi-level elevations and 2m mesh; really cool!

1S2 Darrington is also in beta and those guys are also doing 3W5 Concrete Muni (and others). We loved the FS9 GeoRender series and will do our best to honour Richard Goldstein's legacy.

Can't say too much now, but we have a bunch of airports in the planning stages for PNW; there will be no lack of staging points if you want to do S-->N flights across the region.

Also, every one of the 400+ airports in the region has gotten a serious upgrade over default, so plenty to keep you amused :)

You noted the FS9 GeoRenders, my favorites too. But judging from the area map, Skykomish, Lake Wenatchee, and Chelan won't be included. Any plans to cover the area east of Seattle to the Columbia River in the future?

Just curious.

Tylerb59
October 14th, 2009, 11:54
uh. WOW.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while taking in the great news and screenshots, but Bill ... WOW.

I live in Arlington on the hill overlooking the airport. I am absolutely floored and crazy happy to see Darrington and news you'll be including Concrete. Those shots are drop dead gorgeous. :applause:

(I've leeched your images to generate interest, please let me know if this is bad, even though it's a small forum -- http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php?topic=4154.30 (http://www.pacificnorthwestflying.com/index.php?topic=4154.30) )

If you need any reference images of KAWO (hint hint) please send me a message. Same goes with a quick drive up to Darrington or Concrete. :)

spotlope
October 14th, 2009, 12:20
I'm glad you like them, Tyler, but the Darrington scenery isn't mine, it's the work of Andreas Hegi and Heiko Glatthorn. Good-looking stuff, isn't it?

BananaBob
October 18th, 2009, 04:31
My vote for best scenery designer, WOW!:isadizzy: :applause::applause::applause:

Sundog
October 18th, 2009, 12:25
You noted the FS9 GeoRenders, my favorites too. But judging from the area map, Skykomish, Lake Wenatchee, and Chelan won't be included. Any plans to cover the area east of Seattle to the Columbia River in the future?

Just curious.

Yes, I agree, I would love to see eastern Washington state up into B.C. and western Oregon added as well. Although, the area of coverage they're adding to begin with is quite spectacular.

Hopefully they'll make a detailed rendition of Bowerman, KHQM, as well.