PDA

View Full Version : FlightSim Developers P38 Lighting demo beta

Tim_FSD
October 10th, 2009, 06:28
We have built the demo version of the P38 and have tested it in house. If anyone would like to try the public beta for the demo you may do so here:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/demobeta.htm

We are calling this a beta simply because we don't have enough in-house beta testers with a broad range of operating systems, like Vista 64, and of anti-virus programs, etc. So while it should work fine, we may need to do some tweaking.

If any problems come up we will get your demo installed so you can have a look at this beautiful bird.

jojohnson9
October 10th, 2009, 06:42
We have built the demo version of the P38 and have tested it in house. If anyone would like to try the public beta for the demo you may do so here:

http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/demobeta.htm

We are calling this a beta simply because we don't have enough in-house beta testers with a broad range of operating systems, like Vista 64, and of anti-virus programs, etc. So while it should work fine, we may need to do some tweaking.

If any problems come up we will get your demo installed so you can have a look at this beautiful bird.
Can't load the demo...I get this error: "Error 1168: Demonstration period has expired..." I just downloaded fifteen minutes ago. Can you help?

Tim_FSD
October 10th, 2009, 07:51
Can't load the demo...I get this error: "Error 1168: Demonstration period has expired..." I just downloaded fifteen minutes ago. Can you help?

John,

Yes I believe so. I think this is a permissions issue that we can avoid. I am uploading new installers right now. Try downloading it again in a while and see if that clears it up.

What operating system and anti-virus do you use?

RCAF_Gunner
October 10th, 2009, 08:18
Hi,

First, thanks for creating a demo so we can try it out before making the decision to purchase.

However, I'm getting the same issue with the demo that others are reporting with the upgrade in that I don't see many gauges in the restored or standard models (I see the face of one but not the needles) and it also appears that most of the labels in the cockpit are missing.

I'm running Win7 Pro x64 RTM. I have FSX on its own (D) drive. The installer did throw up an error message at the end even though I installed as Administrator. I was prompted to allow the FSD dll when I launched FSX after the install and the 6 versions appear in the aircraft selection menu so I thought all was good but...

Any help in being able to try out all the features before the time limit runs out would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

PS. I just saw your question about AV software above; I'm using AVG 8.5.421 (Free Edition)

Scratch
October 10th, 2009, 08:58
My situation is the same as RCAF_Gunner, but I'm running XP Pro.
Hope this helps.

jim
October 10th, 2009, 09:20
I've got the same problem as everyone else; no guage needles or readings. I'm running XP Pro 3.

Henry
October 10th, 2009, 09:24
i am trying to download
but i keep getting not complete files
i have downloaded the small version 3 times
still trying though
thanks
H

Flyboy208
October 10th, 2009, 09:45
A seamless download and install for me. Will fly it later tonight. Thanks for allowing an evaluation process! Running Windows XP Home Edition here ...

Mike :wiggle:

Henry
October 10th, 2009, 10:13
i finally got it
but holding off installing as its a 2 day evaluation
and weekends im busy
so i will install monday
H

jojohnson9
October 10th, 2009, 11:25
John,

Yes I believe so. I think this is a permissions issue that we can avoid. I am uploading new installers right now. Try downloading it again in a while and see if that clears it up.

What operating system and anti-virus do you use?
Okay, I downloaded again. Now I get this error message: "Error 1077: The license information you provided could not be validated." It's the correct information, so...???

Vista 32 and Spyware Doctor

rdyoung
October 10th, 2009, 12:11
Unable to download error happens repeatedly with a server reset. Does this mean it's busy or is there some other conflict likely? Tried on three different computers with IE7 and IE8, all three going through the same router though.

Edit: Seems I can't download anything from FSD so I suspect I've a more serious problem locally. Going to be hard to pin down since I can't duplicate the issue with other web sites.

Rick

Scratch
October 10th, 2009, 12:59
Okay, I downloaded again. Now I get this error message: "Error 1077: The license information you provided could not be validated." It's the correct information, so...???

Vista 32 and Spyware Doctor

Same here. Uninstalled the first one and it still didn't take.

Tim_FSD
October 10th, 2009, 13:47
Based on your feedback I think I see the problem. Should have something for you tomorrow. Hopefully I can get you a small program which will format the data in your OS properly without having to re-download it. But I can't promise that.

The file downloads might have been problematic because I think our server got overloaded at one point this morning.

Is anyone seeing error numbers show up in Windows XP?

Scratch
October 10th, 2009, 16:48
Based on your feedback I think I see the problem. Should have something for you tomorrow. Hopefully I can get you a small program which will format the data in your OS properly without having to re-download it. But I can't promise that.

The file downloads might have been problematic because I think our server got overloaded at one point this morning.

Is anyone seeing error numbers show up in Windows XP?

I have Error 1077.

thefrog
October 10th, 2009, 23:51
Downloaded and installed ok but no gauges.
Running XP Pro
Frog

RCAF_Gunner
October 11th, 2009, 09:17
Gave up and manually uninstalled the demo bits and pieces (the auto-uninstaller also failed on my system). Oh well.

Henry
October 11th, 2009, 10:05
i am still waiting to install
so i can spend some time checking it out
so far the only errors are mine
H

harleyman
October 11th, 2009, 10:54
Demo downloaded perfectly...

Vista 64

Secunia PSI and PCTools Virus / Spyware running...

Will install on my shop rig tommorrow and report back..

Thanks

sim-paticissimo
October 11th, 2009, 12:55
Error 1077 here, vista 32.

harleyman
October 11th, 2009, 12:57
Nope....

The installer made me close my secunia security program...then it had an error installing.

Error 102: The byte count for the internal archive of this installer is incomplete.
The most likely cause is an incomplete file download..
Press "Report" to send this error to FSD technical support, or exit this program and try again.
This file was executed in: C:\Users\Mason\Desktop
Installing into: D:\FSX\

Henry
October 11th, 2009, 13:10
Nope....

The installer made me close my secunia security program...then it had an error installing.

Error 102: The byte count for the internal archive of this installer is incomplete.
Press "Report" to send this error to FSD technical support, or exit this program and try again.
thats what i got
check file size
H

jojohnson9
October 12th, 2009, 05:21
Nope....

Just thought I would give it one more try and now I am getting this error message also.
Guess I'll give and continue to use my old SU FS9 P-38...works okay with the usual cloud issues. I just do away with clouds.

oakfloor
October 12th, 2009, 11:46
Seems like this program is just too bugy, how many people actually got this to work? im still trying to get a complete demo downloaded all I get is error102..for $36 I hope it works better than this.

Tim_FSD
October 12th, 2009, 14:28
We have removed the files from our server temporarily while we finish the next build, which based on the reports we have received, should address all of the issues. It should not be long now.

Tim_FSD
October 12th, 2009, 14:30

This means you received a file fragment, likely because we removed the file. The finished file should be posted soon.

harleyman
October 12th, 2009, 15:42
Thanks Tim.......:bump:

Henry
October 12th, 2009, 15:46
Thanks
i did try to install today
from Saturdays download
but it had expired
H

oakfloor
October 13th, 2009, 12:28
Any good news yet?

Scratch
October 14th, 2009, 16:32
:bump::kilroy:

krazycolin
October 14th, 2009, 17:05
Tim is still working on getting the demo perfect. Sorry for the wait!

Scratch
October 14th, 2009, 19:28
No worries.........gives me time to have a few more cold ones while I wait:ernae:
Beautiful bird by the way:applause::medals:

Tim_FSD
October 16th, 2009, 08:57
Anyone who has already signed up for the P38 demo should have received an email from us with information about the upgraded demo software we have posted on our server. If not you can download the new files from our web page at http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/demodownload.htm

Enjoy!

jojohnson9
October 16th, 2009, 12:42
Anyone who has already signed up for the P38 demo should have received an email from us with information about the upgraded demo software we have posted on our server. If not you can download the new files from our web page at http://www.fsd-international.com/Hangar/P38/demodownload.htm

Enjoy!
Got my email...downloaded the demo. Tried to load and got this: "The demo period has expired". I would really like to try this plane, but I guess it's just not going to happen.

Scratch
October 16th, 2009, 13:02
Too late.......I ran out of beer so I bought it:icon_lol::ernae:
Outstanding job FSD!!!!!!!!!:medals::icon29:

Tim_FSD
October 16th, 2009, 16:52
Got my email...downloaded the demo. Tried to load and got this: "The demo period has expired". I would really like to try this plane, but I guess it's just not going to happen.

Did you download and run the demo installer previously?

jojohnson9
October 16th, 2009, 17:35
Did you download and run the demo installer previously?
Yes, tried to load many times with various error messages (see previous posts under this thread). Damn, Tim, I can't get over how hard you're working to fix the problems we are having. Good on ya', mate.

RCAF_Gunner
October 16th, 2009, 23:16
Yes, tried to load many times with various error messages (see previous posts under this thread). Damn, Tim, I can't get over how hard you're working to fix the problems we are having. Good on ya', mate.

Tim,

I'm in the same boat. I installed the demo last weekend but suffered the missing gauges issue like everyone else and then had to manually uninstall it. I figured I'd just wait until the kinks were worked out and have another go when the time came. Although I never received an email about the updated demo, I saw the new posts and just downloaded the new installer. When it runs, I get a popup that says "Thank you for trying the P-38. Your trial has expired." Can this be reset?

Thanks,
Rick

Z-PurpleBubble
October 17th, 2009, 06:38
I downloaded the demo last week and when I installed it, I had no gauges. I've downloaded the new demo installer and I get "trial period expired".

I've tried cleaning the registry, to no avail.

Can the trial period be reset please?

PS: Win XP Pro and ESET 4 security

Tim_FSD
October 17th, 2009, 08:31
I hear you.

You can download this tool if you tried to install last week and are running into this problem. It will only work for a limited time:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/P38Reset.exe

Let me know if you still have problems.

Butcherbird17
October 17th, 2009, 11:16
Tim,
I am also having the same issue. I did try to d/l the original demo when it was first released, but only got a 30 mb file. I got the email to get the new demo and got the 349 mb file. I installed and all went well, went into fsx and she showed in the preview screen, but when i tried to load the flight that i had setup, fsx stop responding and i get the demo trial time has expired message.
I tried the reset tool but it is looking for the YF-23 which i do not have and stops responding. Ive attached a pic of what it looks like on my desktop, as you can see at bottom left its looking for the yf-23.
Its not a big deal to me if i dont get the demo going as i plan on buying her next weekend and i have plenty of other a/c to fly for now. But it would have been nice to throw the big girl around the skies of fsx and get a feel for her before hand.:engel016:
Thanks for all the hard work your doing to get this fixed for everyone.:medals::ernae:

Joe

Tim_FSD
October 17th, 2009, 14:03
Why do you say it is looking for the YF23? This tool will reset your P38 demo installation.

Butcherbird17
October 17th, 2009, 14:55
Why do you say it is looking for the YF23? This tool will reset your P38 demo installation.

I just assumed thats what its looking for, when the program was not responding. If you look at the pic i took it clearly say's
YF-23 Removal Tool (Not Responding) down in the taskbar, so i just thought thats what it was looking for. But as i stated in my post is that it stops responding and does not reset the demo. I will uninstall the demo and clean my registry and go and start the process over to see if i can get it to work. If not i'll wait till next weekend to buy the full package and just drool at the pics everyone keeps posting till then.:mixedsmi: Thanks again for your hard work.:medals:

Joe

RCAF_Gunner
October 17th, 2009, 17:19
Tim,

Thanks for posting the reset tool. It allowed the new version of the demo to install but there were some initial issues and once I got those sorted out the demo only lasted about 5 minutes. Did you mean for it to be that short?

Anyway, I'm running Win 7 Pro x64; FSX is on D: and what initially happended was the game would CTD each time I tried to load the P-38.

This part may be helpful ~ I figured out the issue was the installer had not written the update to the dll.xml file in the roaming profile properly. The only entries in the file were from the " -Name- <NAME>FSDX -/Name-</NAME>" line onwards (the forum doesn't like the proper XML brackets). All the previous entries were gone so it wasn't a complete XML file. I was able to rescue most of my other entries from the backup the A2A Cub installer made but my CS 727 entries are gone. Anyway, the P-38 would then load.

I thought I saw all the gauges briefly but I got focused on trying to make the yoke disappear. I got a few popups saying something like the P-38 wanted to modify my system, which I ok'd, but then I noticed the gauges were gone like last week. I hadn't even gotten to the exterior views. So I quit FSX and was going to reboot my system in case that helped but then I saw the popups saying the demo had expired.

Next I tried to uninstall the demo. The uninstaller stopped responding after I selected the option to uninstall all the aircraft and clicked the next button. (That's a little further then it got with the previous version last week.)

I don't wish to sound harsh but with all the trouble I'm having with the demo, I don't have enough confidence left to want to chance $40+ CDN just to see if the full version behaves better. I think if I could get a relatively trouble free demo installation and an hour's flight without any issues I'd buy it.

Rick

jojohnson9
October 17th, 2009, 17:38
I hear you.

You can download this tool if you tried to install last week and are running into this problem. It will only work for a limited time:

http://69.13.144.131/product/files/P38Reset.exe

Let me know if you still have problems.
You got it this time, Tim. Used the reset and the P-38 loaded with no problems. I have been "flying" for a couple hours today and am very impressed with this "forked tailed devil". Thanks for all the hard work.