PDA

View Full Version : Rhumbaflappy's LOD5 and LOD7 Mesh User Guide

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 18:07
I have written a User Guide of sorts for those interested in using Rhumbaflappy's LOD5 and LOD7 world mesh in FS2004. This User Guide will tell you which files you need to download (24 of them), how to install them in a centralized way for sharing between various installs and between various sims (this mesh works in CFS2, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX). I don't know how much difference there will be to install this mesh in FS2002 or FSX...but the majority of this User Guide will pertain to those sims...just one part of the installation process may be different, and maybe the steps to activate the scenery...not sure since I don't have FS2002 and my poor old computer couldn't run FSX well enough to prevent me from uninstalling it.

I use Rhumba's mesh in CFS2 and FS2004 and I can say that the improvement that it makes in the accuracy and appearance of both sims is amazing.

OBIO

Oh, attaching the User Guide here and will upload it to the library once I get the CFS2 User Guide written up.

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 18:20
One thing...Rhumbaflappy has also done a LOD8 mesh set. I have not tried this in FS2004, but I do know that it is specifically made to cover those areas of the world were WW2 air combat took place...Pacific Theater, European Theater mainly. I also know that a few anomalies have been found and fixed...not sure how many more anomalies are yet to be found and fixed. I will be downloading and testing the LOD8 files in FS2004 later this week or maybe this weekend.

OBIO

Sidney Schwartz
October 7th, 2009, 19:17
Thanks for taking the time to do that. I didn't really feel like downloading all those files without having a better idea of what I would end up with. :medals:

CG_1976
October 7th, 2009, 19:20
Im still trying to figure out what parts are for Yukon,NWT,Nunavut. Hard to find mesh for this area of Canada.

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 19:29
CG

I was going to tell you to go ahead an put in the entire world mesh since it did not take up that much HD space...but then I looked at how much space it takes up....just shy of 1.3 gig. Which really isn't that horrible given the fact that it covers the entire freaking planet in lovely terrain and that modern HDs are capable of storing a 1.3 gig folder without breaking a sweat.

I remember my first "modern" PC back in 93. 40 Meg HD, 8 Meg of Ram. It's amazing what has happened to computers in a decade and a half.

OBIO

PeteHam
October 7th, 2009, 19:39
Im still trying to figure out what parts are for Yukon,NWT,Nunavut. Hard to find mesh for this area of Canada.

I'm using FS Genesis mesh for these areas.

Pete.

Z-claudius24
October 7th, 2009, 21:11
Hi,

Thank's for the tutorial
Nevertheless .. it will be nice (IMHO) to have this set in the FS9.CFG

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

for full enjoy of the meshes effect

srgalahad
October 8th, 2009, 09:46
I downloaded Rhumba's whole set as well.. then I went and bought FSGenesis ( and well worth the package price of $55 or so- on CD)

While it's nice to have your fav. local terrain, you never know when you might get conned into an adventure elsewhere.

That's not to minimize your effort OBIO. I know people can't all afford payware and your solution is a great contribution. On behalf of those, thank you!

Rob