PDA

View Full Version : Bearcat In Production

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 12:55
Hi - Forgive me if I am the last to see this but...

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/node

MCDesigns
October 7th, 2009, 13:00
Yep, you are the last, but it's good to be reminded. :monkies:

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 13:01
Woops - sorry all

MCDesigns
October 7th, 2009, 13:03
hey, I was being serious, glad you brought it back up, I for one an looking forward to that and the dauntless!

djscoo
October 7th, 2009, 13:05
No...I would be the last to see it. Thanks! The Bearcat is a favorite of mine.:mixedsmi:

deimos256
October 7th, 2009, 13:11
Oh my god there is a bearcat being developed????? No sarcasm here I have been hoping for one for FSX

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 13:33
hey, I was being serious, glad you brought it back up, I for one an looking forward to that and the dauntless!

LOL -I know you were. I agree with you re Dauntless :ernae:

Pips
October 7th, 2009, 21:00
Bearcat in production?? Guess I must be the last to hear about it. Wonderful news. And a Dauntless as well??! Woohoo, I'm a happy chappy. :applause:

BOOM
October 8th, 2009, 03:15
I really love these old Navy aircraft! If only we could get an F4F Wildcat in FSX! That would be my #1 choice.

jmig
October 8th, 2009, 03:47
I just went over there and the site had no idea who I was. I get tired of companies who lose their customer database whenever the site goes down or changes names.

I am not an IT guy. But, just how hard is it to back up your customer database, so they can sign in six months later without having to re-register?

stansdds
October 8th, 2009, 04:14
Very nice to see a Bearcat for FSX and not a legally/ethically questionable FS9 port over by a certain group whose name I shall not mention.

vstudios
October 8th, 2009, 04:17
Hi Jmig,

Your not in our database, the only thing I have on record for you is your sales data.

I don't retain your login details as these we're created on the FSD website.

The site is new and totally different to that of FSD.

It is stated on the front page and also in the knowledge base regarding old FSD customers and what the FSD customers should do in order to get there data on our new website.

I just went over there and the site had no idea who I was. I get tired of companies who lose their customer database whenever the site goes down or changes names.

I am not an IT guy. But, just how hard is it to back up your customer database, so they can sign in six months later without having to re-register?

vstudios
October 8th, 2009, 04:19
Hi stansdds,

We intend to make all of our future titles, Curtiss Hawk 75, Bearcat and the SBD compatible for FS9.

Very nice to see a Bearcat for FSX and not a legally/ethically questionable FS9 port over by a certain group whose name I shall not mention.

MCDesigns
October 8th, 2009, 05:27
Hi stansdds,

We intend to make all of our future titles, Curtiss Hawk 75, Bearcat and the SBD compatible for FS9.

Bummer. I don't begrudge any older sim users content, but knowing first hand the differences in developing for both sims and the extra time it can take, I would rather a company focus/embrace on a specific sim and it's abilities rather than trying to make a product "work" in the other sim or spending the extra time to make the other version.

For example, say the dauntless exceeds the poly count that the FS9 exporter can handle, which is the case with some FSX addons. Then I assume the model would have to be either rebulit or time spent reducing the polys, development time that FSX users have to wait unless the FSX package is released "before" the less detailed, FS9 version is finished.
In theory again, I guess to avoid the above scenario in the first place, then the original detail is on par to be exported by both exporters, then again, FSX users lose as we get a less detailed model for the simple fact of catering to FS9.

While I respect and understand any developer that is trying to reach as many customers as possible, as an FSX only customer I only hope you (and other developers) focus on a sim specific design before thinking of working on and releasing versions for the older sim.

vstudios
October 8th, 2009, 05:34
Hi Michael, dont fear :)

Al models we're currently working on will be first and foremost built for FSX without taking fs9 into consideration, we will look at the poly count and if its too high, i wont even think of trying to hack her to death for FS9 as this would be a bad step regarding detail and what Im trying to achieve, maybe the time and effort down grading the FSX model could be used elsewhere.

MCDesigns
October 8th, 2009, 05:46
Thanks Dean, good to know!Looking forward to the Dauntless, now I need to go finish my Solomon islands sceneries so I'll have a place to fly her! :applause:

vstudios
October 8th, 2009, 05:51
That would indeed make a nice starting place for the SBD, now this Im looking forward to.