PDA

View Full Version : Red and Cream Piper in the works

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 12:36
Taking DangerousDave's hint about the red and cream color combination on Pipers, I am working and just such a combo...well, more of a Cream and Maroon actually...not a big fan of most shades of red. I think this one is shaping up to be a real looker. Again, this is for Brian Gladden's PA-20 Pacer and PA-22 Tri-Pacer/Super Pacer.

OBIO

Matt Wynn
October 7th, 2009, 12:52
maroon is great :ernae:

Dangerousdave26
October 7th, 2009, 13:03
Yup Maroon and Cream works good :applause:

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 13:16
Glad you gents approve of the maroon. Maroon and Cream is such a classy combination to work with. I replicated the wing scallops onto the rudder...really finished the plane off nicely. With the alpha channel in place, the chrome/polished bits really have this gal looking sharp. I also put the spinner back to chrome/polished...looks really nice.

I am not sure about the maroon on the landing gear struts. I like it as it gives a nice visual flow/continuation from the wing struts and really anchors the plane. Not sure how well it will carry over to the Tri-Pacer and Super Pacer...so I might leave the maroon struts on the Pacer and go with cream on the Tri and Super Pacers.

OBIO

Desert Rat
October 7th, 2009, 14:40
Obio,

looks great, yup it's a good colour combo and I agree about the gear struts, shame it doesn't have wheel pants, they'd look nice a little scallop on them too.

What also looks good with cream is British Racing green / Brunswick Green, as seen on classic Jaguars and Bentleys and such.

Just a thought, how about inverting the cream/maroon for a maroon version with cream scallops, quite striking I imagine, just an idea.

Jamie

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 15:35
I suppose that I could do a Maroon and Cream flip flop, and maybe a British Racing Green and Cream scheme...with UK style registration numbers (what ever that would happen to be).

I have three more ideas already laid out for Brian's Pacers...an Executive Series with upgraded interior materials, a Presidential Series with ultra swanky interior materials and a Modern Series...a what if someone were to build a Pacer, Tri-Pacer and Super Pacer using modern materials and avionics....metal skin instead of cloth, digital gauges...maybe even a bit more power out of a modern engine.

OBIO

OleBoy
October 7th, 2009, 16:54
Looks pristine OBIO. Brings out the class in classic. The shade of maroon fits the creme perfectly

Willy
October 7th, 2009, 18:09
and maybe a British Racing Green and Cream scheme...with UK style registration numbers (what ever that would happen to be).

Start with a G- and add four more letters.

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 18:13
Start with a G- and add four more letters.

Like:

G-ROSE, G-REED, G-RAFT, G-IFTS, G-IMPS, G-WIZZ, G-REEN, G-RITS, G-RUMP, G-NOME, G-NATS

Yeah, that's easy enough!

Thanks Willy.

OBIO

OleBoy
October 7th, 2009, 18:59
G-OLLY :icon_lol:

EasyEd
October 7th, 2009, 19:10
G-REAT:bump:

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 19:20
I did a flip flop on the color scheme...Maroon with Cream trim. Looks good. I will finish the Cream and Maroon, get it uploaded, then do the Maroon with Cream and get it uploaded. Then I will do the British Racing Green with Cream and UK registration and get it uploaded. Then I'm going to work on the Executive and Presidential series for those with richer tastes and finally the Modern series with the Pipers being metal clad and with modern digital gauges...this one is going to take some time to get right.

Here's a shot of the Maroon and Cream scheme...early test shot..need to do some changing here and there, but this is pretty darn close to the finished product (applying different registration numbers is the main thing).

Looking at the screen shot of the Maroon and Cream, the cream landing gear struts don't work as well as the Maroon struts on the Cream and Maroon scheme do. I think on the Maroon and Cream, the gear struts should go Maroon. Maybe it's because I have this test skin on the Tri-Pacer with its reversed landing struts. Maybe it will work okay on the Pacer with its more forward struts.

OBIO

OBIO
October 7th, 2009, 20:11
Curiosity got the better of me, and I just had to know how the British Racing Green and Cream combo would look.....

Found about a dozen different RGB codes for British Racing Green, ranging in shades from light to very dark. I picked one in the middle...not too light, not too dark.

This is just an early early test shot...have to do some proper masking and repainting...I just did some quick bucket fill work to get this shot...the scallops are a bit fuzzy as a result.

I have determined that on the Tri-Pacer, it is better to have the gear struts the main body color. Same for the wing struts also.

OBIO

Desert Rat
October 8th, 2009, 11:41
Obio,

all versions look great, can't decide on the flip-flop one, might like the original better, might not, impossible to decide. A mood thing I guess.

Like the green one, thanks for that, all it needs is a leaping cat hood ornament. I know what you mean about BRG, it depends on the manufacturer, Rover, Jaguar, Bentley, Lotus, etc all have versions of this that are collectively and incorrectly known as BRG, the brochure names are different, Brunswick green, etc. But that's not important, more the idea of it, it/they are a Brit constitution.

:applause::ernae::applause:
Jamie

Matt Wynn
October 8th, 2009, 13:50
here ya go for BRG/BG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green

Firebar
October 8th, 2009, 14:53
Like:

G-ROSE, G-REED, G-RAFT, G-IFTS, G-IMPS, G-WIZZ, G-REEN, G-RITS, G-RUMP, G-NOME, G-NATS

Yeah, that's easy enough!

Thanks Willy.

OBIO

Or if you felt like some blatant advertising:

G-OBIO

(Which appears to be a Robinson R22 in real life)

OBIO
October 8th, 2009, 19:39
The Cream and Maroon scheme pack will be zipped up tonight and uploaded here and to Flightsim.com.

Maroon and Cream and British Racing Green and Cream packages to follow shortly...in a few days at the most.

OBIO

Dangerousdave26
October 8th, 2009, 19:48
:applause:

:bump:

OBIO
October 9th, 2009, 00:51
A slight delay in the uploading of the Cream and Maroon paints. Nothing bad....it's a GOOD delay. And it won't be that much of a delay. I went ahead and put the pedal to the metal and got the Maroon and Cream and the British Racing Green and Cream paints done. So, now I need to package up three sets of skins instead of just one set of skins. I need to go to sleep at some point (it's nearly 5 AM Ohio time and my wife is still awake...I won't go to sleep until she is settled down and sleeping), so it will be after noon before I get up and get going again....will have these three schemes packaged up and uploaded by Saturday at the latest.

OBIO

rohan
October 9th, 2009, 07:41
The Black and Yellow file is now up at Flightsim -

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=139889

hope that helps,
Ro
:icon29:

Edit - duh, how could I mistake that ...

Z-claudius24
October 9th, 2009, 07:50
Hi,

The Cream and Maroon file is now up at Flightsim -

I must correct you.
Those at Flightsim are the black and yellow repaints ! not the Cream and Maroon