PDA

View Full Version : 'Australia & Mars'...

Panther_99FS
October 6th, 2009, 20:14
http://features.csmonitor.com/discoveries/2009/09/23/dust-storm-in-australia-turns-sydney-into-mars/

FengZ
October 6th, 2009, 20:46
so cool!

That photo at the bus/train station looks like a shot straight out of a sci-fi movie!

sent this to all my industry friends....thx for the link

-feng

Lionheart
October 6th, 2009, 20:51
Thats how you tell if its Phoenix or Australia / Mars... We have tan skies, whereas Mars and Australia have red skies...

:ernae:

demorier
October 7th, 2009, 00:25
Been telling friends that have outside rain water tanks for supplimentary water to turn the roof downpipes away form the tanks or block the tank inlets off. When we finally get some rain it's going to wash masses of red dirt off the roof and fill the tanks up with red mud. That is if we ever get some rain again !

cheezyflier
October 7th, 2009, 06:43
i bet it's causing problems we can't even imagine, for the residents there.
it is cool lookin though.

lifejogger
October 7th, 2009, 07:34
Wow that is something else. Awhile back here in west Texas we had combination rain and dust storm. it rained mud.

egypt23spitfire
October 11th, 2009, 00:12
....I was outside mucking about with a tractor towing cars around, at first it looked like smoke ,but we couldnt smell fire, so we relaxed back into being busy until it got too dark at 3pm to keep goin .
next morning i could hardly breathe and took about 6 days to get my breathing back, same for my mate.
the moral of our story is
get to cover and sand bag your doors
cause this stuff is as fine as talc and can kill:isadizzy:

demorier
October 11th, 2009, 00:41
Going by your location there E...you're almost into dope heaven, sure it wasn't dope smoke in the distance clouding your vision.:wiggle:

egypt23spitfire
October 11th, 2009, 17:50
.....:icon_lol: actually the cloud came from NIMBIN direction:icon_lol:

......but nah stopped doin that 25 or so yrs. ago
........................ (i used to get too paranoid):isadizzy:

...cant imagine what its like to land a craft stoned:isadizzy:
................................ ugh!! scary