PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicky questions about Saiitek X52

dswo
October 6th, 2009, 05:57
I'm thinking (again) about buying the Saitek X52 Pro. I currently have three controllers on my desk: a CH yoke, a Saitek X45 throttle (I bought it on Ebay for $20 shipped; the joystick won't stay calibrated), and a Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick (very used, very old, but still flies true). I'd like to reclaim my desk space, maybe retire the yoke, and put the new throttle and stick on small side tables, for more deskspace and better ergonomics.

Things that are giving me pause still about the X52 (I would get the Pro version):

1. How long is the cord between the X52 throttle and stick? I think I'm going to need about five feet.

2. Which controller does the USB cable plug into? How long is it?

3. After reading numerous reviews, on and off again for over a year, I stumbled across something that was new (to me) on Newegg: "The rotary dials on the TQ have no middle detents at all in them." Is this true? On my X45 throttle, I use the wheels for elevator and aileron trim, but they have center detentes.

Mr.Mugel
October 6th, 2009, 06:14
I had the luck to win an X-52 Pro, it has center detents in both rotary dials (use them for prop control and elevator trim) on the throttle.... The connecting cable is about 5 feet 5 inches and the USB cable is plugged into the throttle unit, measuring about 4 feet 9 inches....

dswo
October 6th, 2009, 06:27
Thank you! I should have it for the weekend.

Dangerous Beans
October 6th, 2009, 09:16
The detents on are no where near as heavy as the ones on the X45, if fact sometimes you will barly even notice that there there.