PDA

View Full Version : FS2004 help!

Canberra Man
October 3rd, 2009, 03:12
I have taken delivery of FS2004. The scenics are wonderful, but the A/C arent! I was landing at an airport with a Cessna, lined up dead on the centre line and then the runway slid away to the right and I was landing on the runway lights. Another query, I have Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. World WarII Series, also Sierra's Red Baron 3D are there ant patches to download these on to FS2004.

Ken

aeromed202
October 3rd, 2009, 03:31
First, congrats on getting FS9, and second, welcome to SOH. The game has lots of options and features so you will have about as much fun learning them as you will flying.
To address your question I don't know what A/C means, other than air conditioning. But the plane slide can be caused by simulated wind shear. For starters try setting your own weather to zero wind at all altitudes, no clouds, and unlimited visibility (world/weather/user-defined weather/customize weather/advanced weather/then adjust each category). This way what ever your plane does at least it won't caused by weather. There are numerous game set-up threads here to help you get the most out of your hardware too. As far as patches for other games, I am not aware of any but many (unarmed) aircaft can be brought over.

wombat666
October 3rd, 2009, 03:34
First and foremost, do you have the update patch installed??
As for the stock aircraft, you will find many very good replacements for free, at Simvation, AVSIN Online , FlightSim.com, Premaircraft and of couse, here at SoH.
CFFS2 and CFS3 are not directly compatible with FS2004 but there are plenty of CFS2 conversions available on this site, as for Red Baron????
I really doubt it.
However, there are some superb Great War aircraft for FS2004, once again, right here on SoH.
:kilroy:

NickB
October 3rd, 2009, 03:53
I don't know what A/C means,

Aeromed,

A/C = Aircraft.

stoney71
October 3rd, 2009, 03:58
I have taken delivery of FS2004. The scenics are wonderful, but the A/C arent! I was landing at an airport with a Cessna, lined up dead on the centre line and then the runway slid away to the right and I was landing on the runway lights. Another query, I have Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator. World WarII Series, also Sierra's Red Baron 3D are there ant patches to download these on to FS2004.

Ken

Try this Fokker DR.1 Package by Frank Elton. I have the Fokker DR.1 by him installed and it is the best one I know of out there. I'm not sure if he made the aircraft himself or if it is an update. This is the only version of it I could find. Hope this helps.

meet_the_fokkers.zip at AVSIM.com:icon_lol:

Mick
October 3rd, 2009, 06:18
Hmmmmmm...

When a pilot misses the runway it's seldom, if ever, the fault of the airplane.

Folks have been flying the stock Cessna for six years now, and while it's not the greatest plane ever modeled for FS, I've never heard anyone say that it won't go where it's flown to. Maybe you need to work on your crosswind landing technique. Whether you were crabbing or slipping, it sounds like you weren't doing enough of it - or else too much of it.

You might try following the advice given above, shutting off the wind, just to make sure you can hit the runway in no wind conditions, but that's probably not your problem. More likely you need some crosswind landing practice.

If you crab into a crosswind, it's essential that you time it properly when you kick out the crab; otherwise you'll drift off the centerline.

If you slip into a crosswind (more appropriate for a small plane like the Cessna), timing is essential when you level the wings; otherwise you'll drift off the centerline.

So dial in some crosswind and practice, practice, practice - just like you would in a real Cessna. You'll get the hang of it.

OBIO
October 3rd, 2009, 10:11
Welcome to the world of FS2004, Canberra Man. Coming from CFS, you will find that FS2004 offers far more realism in terms of flight dynamics and weather effects. I had to learn to fly all over again when I got FS2004. After 10 months with FS2004, when I fire up CFS2, those planes just seem easy to fly...and carrier landings are a breeze.

It will take you a bit to really get used to flight in FS2004...it's as real as it gets.

OBIO

Dangerousdave26
October 3rd, 2009, 14:01
FS2004...it's as real as it gets.

OBIO

With out the Death involved from crashing :icon_lol:

OBIO
October 3rd, 2009, 14:10
With out the Death involved from crashing :icon_lol:

Thankfully. If crashes in the sim resulted in injuries or death in real life, I would have died many thousand times.

OBIO

Willy
October 3rd, 2009, 14:18
Welcome Canberra Man!

Having come out of the CFS world (all three versions), I found out quickly that I never really learned to fly well in CFS and there is more to it than boom and zoom. To be honest, I don't miss the bullets and take much more satisfaction from a well flown approach and landing in hazardous conditions.

Stick around and keep practicing. It just gets better and better.

Willy