PDA

View Full Version : AI Flight planner

Meso
October 3rd, 2009, 02:13
Does anyonw use it?

I try to make a new set, but it seems i can only edit the current traffic bgl that is in FSX. ANd how do you creat a flight that leaves on saturday and returns at sunday? for some reason i get an error that sais the returning flight is not the destination of the initial departure airfield. It si the same location, but why does the program even care?

Other question how do i load a airport.dat file with the program, it can make one but seems unable to load one.

kind regards,
Meso

scott967b
October 3rd, 2009, 20:14
I think to make a new set you first have to select some of your installed aircraft into the aircraft list, or open an existing aircraft.txt that you have. I like to use the "open aircraft editor/add new aircraft" tool. Once you have that you can select one and build a plan (start new FP) for it. All flight plans have to end where they start, so your last leg has to get you back to where the first leg began.

In your example you could create a "week" flight plan. Leg 1 on Sat goes from A to B. leg 2 on Sun goes from B to A. Aircraft then sits on the ground until next Saturday. When you do that AIFP will reorder your legs so the sun leg is first in the list, and it will look "wrong",
1 Sun A to A
2 Sat A to B
but when you go to save the flight plan, AIFP will pop up a warning about the airports and if you click OK it will fix it when it saves. It will then look like:
1 Sun B to A
2 Sat A to B
which is what you wanted.

scott s.

Meso
October 4th, 2009, 04:50
AHH thanks for the explanation.
BTW the aircraft editor also sets the cruise speed, does this change something in the actual aircraft.cfg or does it safe it to a file only aifp is using?

kind regards and thanks for the help,

Meso

falcon409
October 4th, 2009, 05:06
AHH thanks for the explanation.
BTW the aircraft editor also sets the cruise speed, does this change something in the actual aircraft.cfg or does it safe it to a file only aifp is using? kind regards and thanks for the help,
Meso
If I'm not mistaken, the cruise speed is set based on the cruise speed parameter in the aircraft.cfg file, so it's simply dropping in what it reads from that aircraft's cfg file. . .it shouldn't change it.

Meso
October 4th, 2009, 05:29
I noticed that for instance the mustang according to aifp ahs a cruise speed of 275 knots (315mph), i think it sould be in the trend of 220 knots which is around 250mph. if i change the cruise speed in aifp does that change this in the aircraft.cfg? and does it change the handling of the aircraft?

kind regards,

Meso

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2009, 05:57
If that is the flight1 mustang, I wouldn't be using it for AI, it will kill your performance.

Meso
October 4th, 2009, 05:59
it the one from A2A, i was trying tho get them to fly to oshkosh at saturday and fly them back to thier originating airports at sunday

MCDesigns
October 4th, 2009, 06:29
Ah, I see, still a little to heavy for AI, but I doubt one would hurt depending on your system.

IanP
October 4th, 2009, 06:30
That one doesn't kill your frame rate as much, but is still a bit of an FPS hog when you get a number in any one place.

Changing the cruise speed in AIFP will alter the timings for the flight planner. It does not, to the best of my knowledge, adjust the speed the actual model flies at. You could however test this, by setting an insanely high (or low) speed and compiling a flight plan, then seeing what the aircraft does?

falcon409
October 4th, 2009, 07:23
I noticed that for instance the mustang according to aifp has a cruise speed of 275 knots (315mph), i think it should be in the trend of 220 knots which is around 250mph. if i change the cruise speed in aifp does that change this in the aircraft.cfg? and does it change the handling of the aircraft?
kind regards,
Meso
Why not open the aircraft.cfg file, scroll down to the section that shows the cruise speed and see what it says. Then you won't have to guess. Irregardless of what you think it should be. I don't have that airplane, otherwise I would have looked at it. Also, normally when you decompile the traffic bgl, the text file for aircraft has the cruise speeds already in that file, and if you're adding that airplane (which it appears you are), then you are supposed to take the cruise speed directly from the aircraft.cfg information.

Meso
October 4th, 2009, 08:14
I did some testing and the program reads directly the aircraft config. i changed the cruise speed and set up some flight plans. however i made a mistake with the altitude and tried to send them to flighlevel 800 instead of 8000 ft :redface:

falcon409
October 4th, 2009, 08:20
I did some testing and the program reads directly the aircraft config.
Geeee, that sounds familiar, lol, lol.