October 2nd, 2009, 20:28
I'm sure some of you can fill in the rest....:mixedsmi:

721Te40h4vg

N2056
October 2nd, 2009, 20:49
"Let's watch Jim wrestle that 20' long Amazon Boa into submission"

rayrey10
October 2nd, 2009, 21:28
Man, I hadn't seen that in a while. I used to love that show. Jim Fowler was at the top of my cool guy list right up there with John Baker and 'Ponch' from Chips, Bo and Luke Duke from the Dukes of Hazard, and Jim Street from SWAT.

TomSteber
October 3rd, 2009, 02:28
Wow, what a flashback. Sunday night I think. Also makes me think of Carson. Nice looking Bell 47.

aeromed202
October 3rd, 2009, 03:37
Haven't thought of that show for ages. But thanks to computers and the Net I can dig up lots of fun oldies like The Prisoner. Thanks for the memories.

Terry
October 3rd, 2009, 03:44
I remember when Marlin Perkins starred in that show. They used to actually go hunting back then and shoot game with a rifle and camera.:sniper:

OTTO
October 3rd, 2009, 03:49
Great show for sure !!
I wonder if Jim & Marlin had trouble getting health insurance ?
OTTO :icon_lol:

Crusader
October 3rd, 2009, 05:41
Great show for sure !!
I wonder if Jim & Marlin had trouble getting health insurance ?
OTTO :icon_lol:

I remember an episode where Marlin & Jim were floating down the Amazon in a small square ,flat bottom boat(Jon boat) and Marlin jumped out when he saw a Boa/?Anaconda . It got around Marlin's waist and upper legs and believe me , Marlin was really struggling ! I swear had "Big Jim" were'nt there Marlin would have been under and fish bait . As big and strong as Jim was , it took everything he had to get off of Marlin . That was the closet call that I remember in all of those episodes . Great show .

Rich:applause:

brad kaste
October 3rd, 2009, 06:11
Marlin Perkins had a Saturday afternoon TV show called 'Zoo Parade.' The showed was telecast from Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo. At the time,...Perkins was the director of the zoo. During one of the episodes,..Marlin was bitten by a rattlesnake before the show was to air. Not sure how it was handled since the show was a live telecast. Anyway,...'Zoo Parade' catapulted him to the nation wide show 'Animal Kingdom',...which most persons remember him from.
Another fine animal show was Marty Stouffer's 'Wild America' shown in the early 1980's.

cheezyflier
October 3rd, 2009, 09:09
Wow, what a flashback. Sunday night I think. Also makes me think of Carson. Nice looking Bell 47.

from a time when my family used to watch specific shows, together as a family. when watching tv was something we did together, not to just "kill time"

TomSteber
October 3rd, 2009, 10:07
from a time when my family used to watch specific shows, together as a family. when watching tv was something we did together, not to just "kill time"

Yup, the good things I remember from the late 60's and early 70's sitting on the living room floor. :icon_lol: