PDA

View Full Version : Small BC Airports uploaded

falcon409
October 2nd, 2009, 06:22
I just uploaded 5 smaller air strips in the BC area for your entertainment, lol. They are:
CEC4 Jasper-Hinton
CYYA Abraham Lake
CCR5 Cline Heliport
CYCP Blue River
CYRV Revelstoke
All airports were populated with default objects so no additional downloads are necessary. Abraham Lake is a fictitious airstrip but it was in such a great spot I couldn't resist adding it and it's just upriver from the Cline Heliport.

Revelstoke is a bit more complicated because I not only adjusted the location of the rwy and the land area the rwy sits on, but I also redirected the river to match a bit more closely the actual area around the airport. If you do not have UTX, the river may not match. I don't know what changes UTX made to the default river, but it stands to reason, if it changed the appearance or size in any way then what I've done won't match the default FSX. So downloader beware, lol. . .this particular airport, while I think it looks a lot better than the default, may not work for you depending on your systems setup.

The download should be up by tomorrow I would think.

Matt Wynn
October 2nd, 2009, 06:26
excellent buddy! :ernae:

expat
October 2nd, 2009, 06:42
Superb! Thanks Falcon.

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2009, 07:17
:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

Milton Shupe
October 2nd, 2009, 07:23
Thanks Falcon ... this is the area of the world that gets most of my flying time because of the sheer beauty and magnificent scenery. I appreciate your time in making it yet more accommodating and desirable. :applause:

cheezyflier
October 2nd, 2009, 08:02
if anyone out there uses the default fsx but still downloads revelstoke, i would like to hear how things turn out.

falcon409
October 2nd, 2009, 08:34
if anyone out there uses the default fsx but still downloads revelstoke, i would like to hear how things turn out.
Yep, me too.
Note: The boys are hot at it this morning. That file is already posted, lol.

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2009, 08:43
it works fine, although as pointed out the river is a bit off, but doesn't keep you from using the airport , just changes the scenery a bit. Nice job Ed, actually lines up with the photoreal rather well. :ernae:

Milton Shupe
October 2nd, 2009, 08:58
This is what I have at Revelstoke

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2009, 09:01
Is that default or UTX Milton, because I am running default and mine looks different.