PDA

View Full Version : WIP Screenshots; New Plane

Lionheart
October 2nd, 2009, 02:51
Hey all,

I thought you might like to see some screenshots of the new plane.

Remember, work in progress.. Far from finished.

Fixed Gear and Retractable RG versions.

Bill

harleyman
October 2nd, 2009, 02:54
Bill...You Da man...

Its Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful.................:applau se:

When...When....When ?????????? LOL

Oh WIP.....

:jump:

Chacha
October 2nd, 2009, 03:08
Avelina? :applause:

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2009, 04:19
Really nice Bill! I especially like the RG version. Any shots of the RG version on the tarmac?

Mathias
October 2nd, 2009, 04:31
You really have a faible for those sexy curves, Bill.:bump:

mike_cyul
October 2nd, 2009, 04:38
I agree with Mathias: some very nice lines there!:applause:

Mike

falcon409
October 2nd, 2009, 06:27
Beautiful work Bill as always. Reminds me a bit of the Legacy 2000, which I fly every day at least once, lol. I love the look and feel of that airplane, which means this one will probably take over first place once released, lol.:ernae:

cheezyflier
October 2nd, 2009, 08:07
Reminds me a bit of the Legacy 2000

i know this is going to sound really weird, but somehow it reminds me of the cheetos mascot. http://sidesalad.net/archives/ChesterCheetah.jpg

i have no idea why. i like it though. is it a turbo?

Lionheart
October 2nd, 2009, 08:08
Hey guys,

Many thanks for the kind words.

ChaCha,

Yes, this is the Avelina.

Michael,

Negative. I havent started the RG landing gear yet.

Ed, it does look reminiscent (slightly) of a Lancair, but only slightly. I like that same sim plane as well, though its been ages since I flew it in FS. The person that made it did an excellent job on it.

This bird features the wings of a Diamond, rudder of a Epic LT (similar, close rake angle, but differnt proportions and top end tip), side windows of a BMW, cowling of a small Reno Air Racer, rear window similar to a Cirrus. What I set out to do is make the cabin wide. I have redone this model exterior so many times, its not funny, lol..

I might keep the rear elevators with the upturned tips. Looks like a futuristic tail of a fictional Bellanca. :d

Bill

Cerberus
October 2nd, 2009, 08:09
Great work Bill :applause:

Henry
October 2nd, 2009, 08:15
Michael,

Negative. I havent started the RG landing gear yet.

Bill
so thats the No Gear version then:icon_lol:
Looks Great
H

Roger
October 2nd, 2009, 08:17
looking superb so far Bill!:applause:

Lionheart
October 2nd, 2009, 08:19
Hey CF,

I hadnt thought about that. Its a must, isnt it. Perhaps a 'Kompresseur'!

One thing I did on this, that has been a dream of mine to effect in the aircraft industry if I were to ever get my foot in the door, is to make planes more quiet. On this plane, I routed the exhaust through a tunnel within the interior of the plane, going through 2 silencers and finally exiting through the bottom of the tail, helicopter style. This would require being able to get to the exhaust for maintenance, which I am sure could easily be done. The tunnel would need to be well insulated and built into the cabin skin so that no leaks could occur into the cockpit, (just like a car, of course).

Bill

boxcar
October 2nd, 2009, 08:48
Impressive peek, Bill. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/natur/nature-smiley-002.gif An RG for me, thank you very much. Am always a bit lost if the gear doesn't retract. Carry on, sir... looking great thus far!

Bjoern
October 2nd, 2009, 13:18
Sleek design and very nice modeling, Bill! :ernae:

gera
October 2nd, 2009, 13:34
Don Bill........that jewel sure looks sweet and sexy!!!!!!.....nice long legs and pretty shoes!!!!!!my paypal awaits in earnest!!!!!!!:ernae::ernae:

Piglet
October 2nd, 2009, 19:19
That tall gear is going to cause some hairy crosswind landings!
I know it's WIP, but dont forget crew steps. Gonna need them with that tall gear. As for the car type exhaust, a flexible connection between the engine and exhaust system will be needed. A possible source of trouble and AD's.
But since this is FSX..... forget my ramblings and have fun with that nifty design!:ernae::ernae: