PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 2000/North Africa Landclass

falcon409
October 1st, 2009, 19:11
I made a purchase this morning for a very impressive Africa Landclass product from Scenery Tech. The price was right at $14.95US and I've always been rather put off by the fact that while yes, North Africa is covered in desert. . .it isn't all encompassing as FSX would have you believe. There actually are some pretty lush, green areas as well and this landclass adds that in great detail. The only part I wasn't happy with was the coastline around Tripoli, Libya. I spent 2 years there and know that part of North Africa very well. The coastline is way off and I had hopes that this new landclass would correct that. . . .it did not. Aside from that however, the total desert feeling has been replaced by a much improved representation of the various regions and elevation variations that more correctly match the area, rather than flat brown sand as far as the eye can see.

These screens were taken on a flight from Bejaja, Algeria to Tripoli, Libya. The current airport referred to as Mitiga (HLLM), was at one time in the late 60's Wheelus AFB, home to the 7272nd FTW (F-100C/F).