PDA

View Full Version : Scimitar F.Mk.1

noddy
October 1st, 2009, 13:37

I know both are similar, but couldn't decide.

MCDesigns
October 1st, 2009, 13:53
Wicked first shot, love it!:ernae:

Txmmy83
October 1st, 2009, 13:55
I also couldnt decide which attracts me more they are both interesting

hm is that a cutoff photoshoped with different backrounds?

BR
Tom

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 14:29
Class!! Is that aAlphasim's one? In my opinion we need the Supermaine Attacker, now theres a challaging aircraft to land on deck!

bruce448
October 1st, 2009, 22:11
Class!! Is that aAlphasim's one? In my opinion we need the Supermaine Attacker, now theres a challaging aircraft to land on deck!

Agree with you about the Attacker.

Andy, Cracking shots as usual,

Bruce

noddy
October 1st, 2009, 23:15
Cheers gents, and to Bruce for the great skins he did for her.

Tom, they are different shots but just from the same camera angle. All I did was to crop them a bit.

noddy
October 1st, 2009, 23:25
Would be good if Alpha up dated the Swift as well.

Tweek
October 2nd, 2009, 03:30

Going by those screenshots, you can definitely tell that the Scimitar got its good looks from the Attacker. From the cockpit forward they look very similiar (likewise with the Swift).

spatialpro
October 2nd, 2009, 04:38
Excellent shots! :applause:

What is the location (and the airfield below)?

Where can we download your repaints??

cheers

Andy

Seaking055
October 2nd, 2009, 05:09
When doing my tractor course at Culdrose, the Scimitar was the aircraft we used for towing and pushing aircraft training, it was surprising just how big of a bird she was. The cockpit was a long way up.

Matt Wynn
October 2nd, 2009, 06:18
yeah they are big, my grandfather can remember being in Gibraltar (LXGB) once when they did an engine run-up, due to Gibraltars location it was angled and chained to the end of the runway so the jet blast was directed into the sea, suffice toy say you could see the bottom when the engine was at full chat, gibraltar is where i use to practice carrier landing placement, that is where to land to trap, as you can see it's a beauty of a landing :icon_lol:

http://www.vpinternational.ca/clip_image002.jpg

and heres one to show just how big the Scimitar was

http://www.aeroplaneart.com.au/Images/JSJ_Supermarine_Scimitar_2.jpg

SkippyBing
October 2nd, 2009, 07:02
Not the longest catapults in the world are they!

Matt Wynn
October 2nd, 2009, 07:23
no, but they worked:icon_lol:

SkippyBing
October 2nd, 2009, 08:00
Just! I believe in some cases it was planned to reach flying speed shortly after leaving the end!!

Prowler1111
October 2nd, 2009, 10:05
Man! this makes me wanna dust off my AS Scimitar!!

Prowler

noddy
October 2nd, 2009, 12:33
Excellent shots! :applause:

What is the location (and the airfield below)?

Where can we download your repaints??

cheers

Andy

The location is my favourite place Hawaii and the airfield is NAS Barbbers point (I Think).

As for the skins they can be found at http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/download.php?view.33