PDA

View Full Version : Scenery Library problem

crashaz
October 1st, 2009, 13:26
Win7 x32
FSX with Accel

When I go into the scenery library and try to add a folder (ie Jim's Fallon scenery and many others) ... it does not add the folder to the library but drill down another level to the /scenery and /texture folders view.

Anybody have any suggestions? I have disabled the UAC and have even tried FSX in Admin mode... yep I am a local admin user too.

:isadizzy:

Roger
October 1st, 2009, 13:32
In Vista you just hover the curser over the folder and that enables it. I'd guess it's the same in 7.

MCDesigns
October 1st, 2009, 13:49
yep, I have the same thing with Vista, took a few tries to figure it out. Instead of double clicking to open to the next folders, just click once and then hit ok.

crashaz
October 1st, 2009, 13:57
So like this right?? I then hit Ok... and it goes into that folder showing the /scenery and /texture :isadizzy:

Chris Sykes
October 1st, 2009, 14:06
I have this happening on my Win 7 system, just double click on any blank space after its opened that folder... Works for me

crashaz
October 1st, 2009, 14:09
ah thank you very much guys! Thought I was suffering from a case of the stupids. :icon_lol:

What I did was the following:

Instead of clicking on the scenery folder and clicking OK ,
now you need to click on the folder where it shows the directory listing in the Directory field, click OK,
which takes you to the /Scenery and /Texture folders view then right click anywhere in the blank area of the folder .

It adds!!

kjb
October 1st, 2009, 15:44
Right clicking also works for Win7 RC1. It's a "feature" :icon_lol:

falcon409
October 1st, 2009, 18:45
Or, browse to the scenery folder you want to add, click (not double click), then click "ok", then click "name" at the top and it adds the scenery folder name to the library. All done.