PDA

View Full Version : RENO FX gauge package

OBIO
September 30th, 2009, 18:01
In my gauge folder, I have a folder of XLM gauges that I can not remember where I got them. They are for exhaust effects, wing tip effects, and such for reciprocating (piston) powered aircraft. Does anyone know which plane this pack of XML gauges came with? Is this a downloadable pack of gauges?

I have one of the gauges placed into the AH F3F and Steven Myers Fleet 2, and have the exhaust effects controlled by the gauge instead of by activating the lights on the planes.

Within the gauge coding, it says that they can be used on freeware packages, but I need to know where to direct people to obtain the gauges or to get permission to package the gauges as part of effects packages for planes.

OBIO

whitehawk_2009
September 30th, 2009, 18:29
My gut's telling me it's from Roger Dial's Reno Racer Mustang, but I'm not positive.

WH

RL_201
September 30th, 2009, 20:55
OBIO;
I think this is the file you're looking for: rdp51_fx.zip, it's over at flightsim.com. Description says "wingtip vortex controlled by XML gauge using "G" force", as well as "individual exhaust stack flames in four phases: orange start-up, soft blue at idle, more flame at cruise, even more at max power. Flame size and brightness controlled by XML gauge using throttle position."
Hope this what you were looking for.

P.S. the effects are by Jan Rosenberg.

OBIO
September 30th, 2009, 21:11
Nope, not that one. THough a couple of the gauges in that pack are in the folder I have.

The main one I am interested in is called: V12_EXHAUST.xml

This is a gauge to control prop exhaust effects on a single piston engine. Works great for all the single engine GA aircraft in my collection...or it will once I have them all set up to use it and some neat exhaust effects.

OBIO

mav
September 30th, 2009, 22:43
Obio, could it have been from "A.F.Scrub spitxive" ... checkout the contents in the link below?!

http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=88429

Another one found in a file named " lagg-3a.zip "

http://www.flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=131363

CheerZ mav

OBIO
September 30th, 2009, 23:01
Those might be the gauges. Will have to download and compare. I know I have some of A.F.'s planes installed in my GA Military install.

OBIO