PDA

View Full Version : The EAGLE is out ........

Pages : [1] 2

Fireball6
September 29th, 2009, 12:40
.... look and buy at irissimulations.com. Fantastic plane :applause:

Greetings :wavey: Dirk

Txmmy83
September 29th, 2009, 13:12
my Dad is not willing to purchase :(
will be hard task to persuade!

BR
Tom

Rezabrya
September 29th, 2009, 13:37
Got it, flew it, love it! It has a great exterior and a better than average VC. The FDE is very good and aside from a few quircks in the FSX engine, it is fully aerobatic. I urge all of you to purchase!

cheezyflier
September 29th, 2009, 13:41
i just downloaded it now, i'm off to flying, probably crashing, too :icon_lol:

CBris
September 29th, 2009, 13:42
Have fun guys!

Txmmy83
September 29th, 2009, 13:49
Chris what paint schemes are finally included ?
didnt see a list of them at the product page

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
September 29th, 2009, 14:28
I think this topic should be a Sticky !!

BR
Tom

CBris
September 29th, 2009, 14:43
Loads and loads... including the Union Flag one. All my other paints - past and present - are going up on my website very soon. That's my next job - clean up eagleskinner dot com - I really have neglected the nest.

Basically you have all the 'normal' variants of the Christen 'Feather' paintschemes plus a few "IRIS" specials and of course the Flag skin. It looks like fourteen textures in the payware release. Trouble is - with a UI manufacturer name "Christen Inc." they can get lost in all the other "Christen Inc." paints I have installed - currently I have a total of seventy-eight paints installed and about thirty or forty in reserve. I had found around a hundred textures for the LIC model for FS9 (No - I didn't paint them all. But I only found about thirty five by other artists)

Unfortunately the FS9 paints will not work in this FSX model folks, so don't ask.

Will I be painting some of the "9" paints fresh for the "X" version? You can bet your botty on that! As I am sure many of the other FS9 painters. Sadly we shall miss the Leon Louis skins. But I sure will look forward to all future Eagle Skins...

gajit
September 29th, 2009, 15:02
I have only spent a few mins in the cockpit of this product but it is superb - well done all at IRIS - and great paints Chris :applause:

CBris
September 29th, 2009, 15:15
Blame Josh for the standard IRIS paints - Only the flag is mine in the release. The others will be available via my site in a day or two.

gajit
September 29th, 2009, 15:26
Im also very impressed with the brilliant smoke effect. Bit anoyed at myself trying the cockpit jetison in mid flight though :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
September 29th, 2009, 15:45
i have to say the same. the kids came home and kicked me off of the computer so i only got a few minutes. however WOW!!! very nicely done, i'm really happy with it. it's a bit on the pricey side compared to the other payware i have, but it's top notch, so i'm not complaining. i really like the way it flies. landing it seems to do exactly what i expect, if that makes any sense. and yes i really like the way the smoke was done also.

that said, i hope, with all my heart that banana bob will make us a prop for this one. i have his props on nearly everything i fly, and nothing seems to look right to me anymore if it's not one of his.

Smudge
September 29th, 2009, 15:53
Thanks for the feedback so far guys, we had a great deal of fun creating this baby.. :)

As for the pricing, taking into account the fact that it's not as complex or time consuming to make as say a military aircraft, we've reduced the price in our local currency as much as we can really get away with. It's really such a shame the US dollar isn't doing to well against the Aussie dollar otherwise it would be cheaper on the other side of the pond.. :)

dhl1986
September 29th, 2009, 15:55
will definitely be checking this out

gajit
September 29th, 2009, 22:19
This one is so fantastic it should be a sticky please (am I allowed to ask?)

Love the VCs as well Dave - you really are producing great products - thank you

Lewis-A2A
September 30th, 2009, 00:23
Looks good guys :ernae:

Txmmy83
September 30th, 2009, 01:22
Thanks for the feedback so far guys, we had a great deal of fun creating this baby.. :)

As for the pricing, taking into account the fact that it's not as complex or time consuming to make as say a military aircraft, we've reduced the price in our local currency as much as we can really get away with. It's really such a shame the US dollar isn't doing to well against the Aussie dollar otherwise it would be cheaper on the other side of the pond.. :)

the price is absolutely ok :)
in € it is around 22 at least with that AUD to Euro Converter I used

I think I have my Dad now on my side :)

time to get my Eagle
waiting for my dad now meanwhile I fly the LIC Classic FS9 Eagle over Piacenza in FS9

BR
Tom

CBris
September 30th, 2009, 11:08
My Eagle skins are online. Anyone who cares to try can get them from my website - see my signature and follow the link.

jetstreamsky
September 30th, 2009, 12:07
Many thanks Chris, superb work as usual

Txmmy83
September 30th, 2009, 12:54
Ok Purchased and it flys like a dream

my aerobatic planes Ranking
IRIS Eagle
Aeroworks Concept 5
Su 26 EAW & Avsim.ru Freeware Su 26

BR
Tom

Txmmy83
September 30th, 2009, 12:59
My Eagle skins are online. Anyone who cares to try can get them from my website - see my signature and follow the link.

nice relaunch :)

BR
Tom

CBris
September 30th, 2009, 13:41
nice relaunch :)

BR
Tom

Thanks - it has been long due. But since I needed to host my paints on my terms... :bump:

Txmmy83
September 30th, 2009, 14:06
installed all the repaints
G-FISH and Carolls are exactly my taste

have not looked into the paintkit yet!
but think I will do that tomorrow

PS:
my system makes slightly troubles since the last few days dont know if hardware or OS is the Cause ( if it is hardware it could be Powerunit or graphiccard or Display)

when starting I have a blackscreen and after 5mins or so when you hear from sound that windows is up the screen comes up very weird!

BR
Tom

boxcar
September 30th, 2009, 14:30
Hi Chris. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-021.gif Been a while, my friend. Your revamped website looks great, guy! Your Eagle skins are brilliant as well. Highly tasty, sir. May have to look hard at acquiring this beauty.

Just to brag on you some, Chris, CBris did me an incredible kindness earlier this year before I needed to take a break from the internet over some pressing family matters, a kindness that will always live in my heart. He painted my Spitfire contra-prop for me exactly as initially envisioned by me. Check that- he exceeded my hopes. Most kind. His personal repaint for me:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=10581

The future of this tour remains to be seen, several Lakota Elders already expressing their disapproval. As always, will follow my heart. So far as my concerns go, the tour will still take place in due season. Anyhoo, it's a pleasure to see you here active & continuing to be of service. Had a chance to read that book, by chance? If so then am hopeful that much of it resonated within you, my friend.

Anyhoo, am on my way over to Iris to check out the details on this amazing Eagle. Thanks for the heads up. See you all out here...

David

Txmmy83
September 30th, 2009, 14:42
Boxcar,
your FEX Artists texture sets gives a nice combination with the Eagle

BR
Tom

CBris
September 30th, 2009, 14:53
DAVID! Blush and oops... I'll write tomorrow - it's been a hell of a year hear. Bags of news.

CBris
September 30th, 2009, 14:56
@ everyone... Do check out the IRIS folder in FSX

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\IRIS Pro Series\Christen Eagle

...some pretty goodies there!

peter12213
September 30th, 2009, 15:19
Ahh nice one Chris thanks for that I'd never have noticed!!! I must admit though I have had to convert three testures out of each texture folder to DXT 5 because of the 32 bit textures making my ground textures crash, the three were Eagle2_LH_Fus_T.dds, Eagle2_RH_Fus_T.dds and Eagle_Wing_T.dds, sinse doing this it has worked great!
for some reason my comp just doesn't like 32 bit textures lol!

Wingnut172N
September 30th, 2009, 17:30
Is anybody else's eagle jumping around uncontrollably at the end of the landing rollout, during anything above a 1 knot taxi, and during takeoff? Ground ops are impossible for me?

Other than that, wonderful aircraft! Great smoke effect, very well done. I'm impressed!

SirBenn21
September 30th, 2009, 18:08
Can't wait to try her out. Just waiting for payment conformation.

Ben

boxcar
September 30th, 2009, 20:22
What a blast! Had almost too much fun with her this evening:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=202046

Tom- Thanks, guy. Am glad you are enjoying the set. The sky works great set at Unlimited too. Tried my best to get a realistic panhandle Nebraska sky, complete with a faint hint of dust but generally quite clean. Am working on a pristine sky set next, for those magical days out here after a day or two of good rains.

Chris- Amazing repaint, that Eagle paint. The flag & all is wonderful, my friend. My, that plane is a ferocious little beast with a 540 Lycoming out in front, yowza! Did my Immelman in the lesser powered Eagle II after trying out the high-powered Eagle I. Mighty tasty aircraft, both.

Wingnut- Just reporting that all Eagles flown here thus far have extremely good ground manners both before & after a flight. Best handling taildragger ever flown in a sim, imo. Hope you get your squared away. Is likely a minor adjustment to be made somewhere to get her calmed down.

At this early stage it would appear that Iris has produced a winner here. Fine performance in FSX, handles excellent, looks amazing. Got some canyon flying to do with this gem soon.

CBris
September 30th, 2009, 21:21
Guys... "Bouncing around on the ground" - I have heard that quite frequently in a couple of other beta tests on totally different aircraft recently. I have been lucky and not had this phenomenon, but there is something that FSX doesn't like about some addons.

If you'd care to go "complain" on the IRIS support forums, you'll get heard. Eventually. That is not a negative thing, it just means that David (Smudger here) is going to be slightly involved with the real world for a week or three and he might not have the time.

If your planes are skippety hopping on the ground it will be curable. It was fixed on other planes I beta'd. I'll try and coax that info out of the other devs - it may be the same cause here.

Smudge
September 30th, 2009, 21:57
Wingnut, Chris is right, I'm flat out with family commitments right through October and into November.

With that being said, I did adjust the damping of the wheel struts right at the end of development for a 'stiffer' strut. This game IMO a more realistic 'bumpier' ground handling on grass.

I've not had the problems you're experiencing in my aircraft, however I that's not to say it's not an issue.

Are you experiencing this on ALL ground surfaces, ie, on taxiways, runways etc or is it JUST on grass and dirt surfaces. It might be a simple thing to just increase the damping ratio of the contact points until you have a ground handling you're happy with. That I can talk through easily enough.

David.

Boxcar, I noticed your thread on the Flightsim forums. Regarding the cropping of the model in preview mode, that's something that we can't change. AFAIK the view distance in the preview window is preset by FSX depending on the geometric size of the model. In FS9 we had to use an external program to 'mod' the view distance that FS chose for us, but as far as I am aware, this isn't available in FSX.

I'm sure some designers might point me in the right direction if they can.. :D

SirBenn21
September 30th, 2009, 23:39
Man this sux waiting. How long did you have to wait for payment confirmation?

Smudge
October 1st, 2009, 01:15
Benn,

It looks like either you closed the paymate window without pressing the 'return to store' button or whatever it is paymate prompts you to once payment has been completed, or for some reason out of your control, you weren't passed back to our storepage once payment had been processed.

In a nutshell it meant that the payment was received by paymate, but our store was not updated to show a successful transaction. Fortunately it's an easy thing for me to check the paymate records and confirm a successful purchase.

I've now done that, and updated your order accordingly so you should now be able to download the file.

SirBenn21
October 1st, 2009, 02:52
Benn,

It looks like either you closed the paymate window without pressing the 'return to store' button or whatever it is paymate prompts you to once payment has been completed, or for some reason out of your control, you weren't passed back to our storepage once payment had been processed.

In a nutshell it meant that the payment was received by paymate, but our store was not updated to show a successful transaction. Fortunately it's an easy thing for me to check the paymate records and confirm a successful purchase.

I've now done that, and updated your order accordingly so you should now be able to download the file.

Thanks a span smudge. It's a treat!

12170 12171 12172
12173 12174 12175

Well done to Smudge and Team. Now I must go and get some repaints.

Ben

Txmmy83
October 1st, 2009, 08:45
can now fully enjoy the Eagle as I found the reason for the Black Screen troubles my system suffer it was a display problem the display was not able to find digital out means= blackscreen

went back to my old display and everything went fine !

strange anyway

BR
Tom

DennyA
October 1st, 2009, 09:50
You guys gotta post screen shots earlier in the thread. I got all excited that Iris had a new FSX F-15 when I read this yesterday. :)

Roger
October 1st, 2009, 10:34
I shall be getting it...but in a week or two:applause:

JIMJAM
October 1st, 2009, 12:33
Any videos yet?

gajit
October 1st, 2009, 13:11
My first repaint - will upload here in an hour

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/complete-5.jpg

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 13:25
Thats nice Gajit mate, my favorite paint is the default one by our Matty aka Smoothie ... Even bearing his name (Nice touch Mate)

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Peter12213/2009-10-1_1-43-32-281.jpg

Anyone noticed that even from the external view you can see the gauges working, now thats cool!

gajit
October 1st, 2009, 13:33
Hi Peter

I agree with your fav paint. Wow - your right - those external views of gauges are incredible.

Txmmy83
October 1st, 2009, 14:20
sitting in front of the open CE1 paintkit and searching for Ideas for an Repaint :)

so there is one coming maybe tomorrow!

BR
Tom

gajit
October 1st, 2009, 14:50
That should be good - my next paint will be D-EMAT

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=794435

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 16:15
cheers guys good to see G-SMTH getting a run around just try not to scratch my paintwork, Frecce should be uploaded shortly to download :kilroy:

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 16:27
Mate as a fellow ex Para you gotta do our regiment please! Maroon and silver with pegasus on it or whatever you think, mate either way I will get it plus the tricolour arrows repaint will be I'm sure amazing, but please make it DXT5 and not 32bit for us peasants lol!!

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 16:29
Love that paint too Gajit that your going to do mate, Excellent! PLz Plz not 32 bit though LOL! :kilroy:

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 17:18
Peter have a nice Para paint lined up Maroon and Silver with the names of all the fallen Paras from Afghanistan on port side, Iraq on Starboard :ernae:

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 17:36
Mate that is very graciously recieved and to people like us I can't think of a more fitting tribute!

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00501/parachutereg_682x40_501290a.jpg
"READY FOR ANYTHING" Used to be in TA 4 PARA here so god bless ya Matty!

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 17:50
ahh good man, off topic but how many jumps you get in?

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 17:54
Not many mate I nevr did static line and never free fall, got absolutely wiped out down in Aldershot and left soon after! Now the RAF is my career! The main problem I had is that I'm soft as sh*t and the para's are hard as nails so I never got my full maroon beret! My mates anth was a sniper in the Para's and another called Matty Johns did pass though and were still mates to this day!
TBH it was trough injury that I failed and onces tried never again for me so I joined the RAF lol!

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 17:58
excuse the pun but thats some career jump, personally in para and for leisure i have 75 static and 150+ Freefall, i try to do a jump every week, some weekends i just get bored and hang around one of the skydiving clubs on my journeys and jump with the rookies :icon_lol:

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 18:03
WOW I mean when I was in and were talking 6 years ago we ran ran and ran up everthing but I never jumped tho so I never got to wear the wings fully I mean, I have done parachute jumps but never when I was in the Paras as I never passed P company. but mate as a guy of your age I'd love to see some photos mate!
Being TA I trained for moths with some of the best guys I know and still know as I live like 2 mins tab away from my local base which is also home tosome "special soldiers" if you know what I mean and its a bond that never breaks I feel like!!

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 18:07
will dig some up... yeah paras pride themselves on Physical Fitness, hill runs, flat runs, cross country runs, hell a mile and a half in 9 flat is always a nice challenge and a great hangover cure :icon_lol:

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 18:11
LOL yeah near where I live the tyne river has some very nice hills and we uses to run up them 3 or 4 times then we used to cary or partners up, you know what I mean the guy next to ya.. I can remember the words the SGT used to say... right lads pick the man to your right up and run up then run down then its his turn! lol
I mean I cannit swear here but jesus H christ that was pain especially after a run of at leat 4 to 5 miles
Now I run on beer and avgas luckily haha!

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 18:15
The best thing I remeber though mate was ging out on night exercise with an LSW with the CWS 13 mags and just having the best time of my life

Matt Wynn
October 1st, 2009, 18:21
OH YES! i remember some E&E training, we got compromised so i hid in a nettle bush a particular highlight that sticks in mind is "come on out we know yer in there" had a torch aimed right at me and reply "you want me so much come and fetch" :icon_lol:

peter12213
October 1st, 2009, 20:47
LMAO! those were the days!

CBris
October 1st, 2009, 23:13
I know we're going way OT here, but 9 minutes? I used to dream of nine minutes - especially when I was struggling along at 11:29... "You've got no stamina staff." was the serious dressing down I got from the CO when I just scraped in (age 29 ish)

Stamina and speed are different things, so I changed my sport to marathons. Three hours twenty was my best time in four "paid" runs and a dozen training runs... stamina... the CO never managed that! I ran the marathon faster than the BFT! It was those "Boots DMS" (for "Dem's My Shoes") that slowed me down...

Not too bad for a REMF (F not E... work it out)

We REME peoples were allowed to play sodjers occasionally. I loved being the bad guy on E&Es and normal excercises. Those red armbands went nicely with my hair... Clashed with the blue beret though...

anatolpopov
October 2nd, 2009, 04:25
Gajit, can you do also some Finnish repaints for Eagle? You know them they were on default in LIC Eagle. You can see all 3 Finnish Eagles here (http://www.taitolento.fi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=29)

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 05:19
Hi Anaolpopov

If you can show me some pics or give me a regstration number I will have a look for you.
Meanwhile i have almost completed this one.. only prob is i cannot find a photo of the underside!! It may have to stay blank.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Complete-6.jpg

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 05:52
Very nice!

The whites on the wings appear to taper too on the photos. Don't forget to move the Christen Eagle text

You can see the underside here (http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=584195) This photo also gives a bit more detail for colour and size of the registration

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 05:54
Also Gajit... if you click the word "here" in Anatolpopov's post (and mine) you will see we've linked to photos.

anatolpopov
October 2nd, 2009, 08:47
GAJIT here you go:

OH-XHN; 1 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/0964067/L/&sid=67b950da2e125fbf27e73a0552e411ad), 2 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/0686778/L/&sid=67b950da2e125fbf27e73a0552e411ad)

OH-XEA; 1 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/1105496/L/&sid=67b950da2e125fbf27e73a0552e411ad), 2 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/0667811/L/&sid=67b950da2e125fbf27e73a0552e411ad), 3 (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/0686852/L/&sid=67b950da2e125fbf27e73a0552e411ad)

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 09:03
Very nice!

The whites on the wings appear to taper too on the photos. Don't forget to move the Christen Eagle text

You can see the underside here (http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/show.php?id=584195) This photo also gives a bit more detail for colour and size of the registration

Hi Chris - great advice thanks. Yep - saw that photo and still cant quite work out that underside.

Will work on the rest - tx again.

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 09:07
Also Gajit... if you click the word "here" in Anatolpopov's post (and mine) you will see we've linked to photos.

Yeah - sorry - doing stuff inbetween work phone calls so not really concertrating (my excuse anyway!!)

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 09:08
I will do the "KOFF" one if no one else is planning to do it.

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 09:11
Basically it's a lateral black line with white borders on both undersides. As is so often the case, the aircraft registration is also painted on the underside of the lower left wing so that it fits between the trim line and the aileron forward edge. Top edge of text is parallel to the leading edge. There is an equal gap top to the trim line and bottom to the aileron line.

What am I working on? Guess:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_teaseshot.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/teaseshot.jpg)

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 09:14
I will do the "KOFF" one if no one else is planning to do it.

You'll need this then:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_kofflogo1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/kofflogo1.jpg)

Use it to trace a vector stencil of the horses heads. Make a badge to go on the nose, just forward of the canopy. See the photos for exact placement. Just forward and aft of the slogan "Nousukierteessä vuodessa 1819"

I havent done the beer mugs yet and you may find yourself cursing because the checker pattern does not exactly align, so you'll be cutting and pasting bits of white squares.

The woody woodpecker logo also might need cutting after you've drawn it. The top of his hat and the flames wrap over to the top panel section.

peter12213
October 2nd, 2009, 09:22
Looking forward to these!

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 09:46
You'll need this then:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_kofflogo1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/kofflogo1.jpg)

Use it to trace a vector stencil of the horses heads. Make a badge to go on the nose, just forward of the canopy. See the photos for exact placement. Just forward and aft of the slogan "Nousukierteessä vuodessa 1819"

I havent done the beer mugs yet and you may find yourself cursing because the checker pattern does not exactly align, so you'll be cutting and pasting bits of white squares.

The woody woodpecker logo also might need cutting after you've drawn it. The top of his hat and the flames wrap over to the top panel section.

Tx Chris - I suddenly feel pressure as like a student would working with a master of art - I really apprechiate your guidance.

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 09:56
Rubbish... just passing out my trash - "KOFF" is way down my list, but I had a few leftovers...

...I'd put it on the back burner because I "hate" cutting textures to wrap over different parts of the texture sheets... I leave that to my betters.

PS - if anyone is missing info, don't hesitate to ask - I have got Eagle background that's been gathering dust bytes for years. I have played around with most of the RW paintschemes at one time or another and collected info. OK - much is "reject" work for the FS9 model, but if I can help, I will. I know the ins and outs of this bird, right down to the numbers of screws...

CBris
October 2nd, 2009, 10:06
Tx Chris - I suddenly feel pressure as like a student would working with a master of art - I really apprechiate your guidance.

Naah... if you want pressure, then you go to the bother of creating vectore graphic images for flags, like this:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_pressure.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/pressure.jpg)

As you can see, raster graphics look awful, so I had to find a large enough public domain image that I could vectorise.

All for an object that is merely "decoration" on the wheel spats. Obsession? You bet!

gajit
October 2nd, 2009, 10:14
Wow !

Nick C
October 3rd, 2009, 03:02
Chaps this add-on looks fantastic and the externals are a treat to the eyes, but can one of you please post some shots of the VC that aren't streeetched. I'd just like to see a few pics of the panel and gauges before parting with my had earned (or short supply as I now call it).

Cheers. :icon29:

anatolpopov
October 3rd, 2009, 04:46
I like more Eagle II!

CBris
October 3rd, 2009, 05:01
Something here to suit, Nick?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_3.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_5.jpg)http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_nick_c_6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/nick_c_6.jpg)

Nick C
October 3rd, 2009, 05:46
Yes that's great Chris, thank you. Can you turn the Sun on next time though. :d

Cheers.

CBris
October 3rd, 2009, 06:06
How does one spell phphphphphphpffffffthhhhhtttttttt ?

gajit
October 4th, 2009, 04:32
I have almost finnished but still cant work out the underside. I might just put a reg underneath and call it a day

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Complete-7.jpg

CBris
October 4th, 2009, 05:30
Well if you'd looked at the photo I linked, you can see clearly that there is a white-black-white line from wingtip to wingtip under the lower wing and the D-EMAT registration is almost readable (with a little imagination) under the left wing.

Definitely coming along nicely there.

gajit
October 4th, 2009, 09:25
Well if you'd looked at the photo I linked, you can see clearly that there is a white-black-white line from wingtip to wingtip under the lower wing and the D-EMAT registration is almost readable (with a little imagination) under the left wing.

Definitely coming along nicely there.

Hi Chris tx - im just going to try one last go to find a pic and then complete it as you quite correctly suggest with the lower wing stripe.

CODY
October 4th, 2009, 12:31
I got a question....
What are you using when you paint? I'm using PhotoShop CS (8.0) with the Invidia Plugin...My problem...is they save o-kay DXT bmp but not PhotoShop?
See pic's...
DXT bmp...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/fsscr115.jpg

PhotoShop...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/fsscr119-1.jpg

Any ideas....It just adds a couple of steps when using DXT bmp when I wouldn't have to leave PhotoShop at all?

Jeff

CBris
October 4th, 2009, 12:57
Jeff, sorry I use Corel Draw and Photopaint X3

But one thing I see from your "save options" I think most would agree: save your textures in DDS DXT 5 format

I always have to go "the long way round" because Corel and the nVidia tools don't work together. I always save a texture as Windows BMP or TGA (for 4096 textures) (DXTbmp always resizes larger bitmaps to a maximum of 2048 pixels)

I then add the alpha channels separately, flip the images and save as DDS DXT5

I know I am a PITA when it comes to evangelising my thoughts on large textures, but then again, I think 32bit is wasted filespace. Give me the pixels per metre rather than image data per pixel...

But speaking with other painters who do use Photoshop, I do understand that the PSD export/save to dds works very well. Maybe one of them will drop in and give a hint or three.

CBris
October 4th, 2009, 13:00
By the way - is that the Turkish paint I see in the background? Here's the one I did for FS9

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_7.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_4.jpg)

CODY
October 4th, 2009, 13:45
Jeff, sorry I use Corel Draw and Photopaint X3

But one thing I see from your "save options" I think most would agree: save your textures in DDS DXT 5 format

I always have to go "the long way round" because Corel and the nVidia tools don't work together. I always save a texture as Windows BMP or TGA (for 4096 textures) (DXTbmp always resizes larger bitmaps to a maximum of 2048 pixels)

I then add the alpha channels separately, flip the images and save as DDS DXT5

I know I am a PITA when it comes to evangelising my thoughts on large textures, but then again, I think 32bit is wasted filespace. Give me the pixels per metre rather than image data per pixel...

But speaking with other painters who do use Photoshop, I do understand that the PSD export/save to dds works very well. Maybe one of them will drop in and give a hint or three.
Thanks Chris...I did the DXT 5 thing from PhotoShop with no success?
DXT bmp is the only thing that gives a clean save.
Every thing else saves fine with PhotoShop and DXT 5.

Jeff

CODY
October 4th, 2009, 13:46
By the way - is that the Turkish paint I see in the background? Here's the one I did for FS9

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_7.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_s5ddd_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/s5ddd_4.jpg)
Arrrgggghhh....
Good eye!
So do I finish this?:icon_lol:

Jeff

gajit
October 4th, 2009, 13:48
Hi Anatolpopov - lots to do but made a start..

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-45.jpg

CBris
October 4th, 2009, 21:12
Arrrgggghhh....
Good eye!
So do I finish this?:icon_lol:

Jeff

Yes you do finish it - mine was for FS9 and paints aren't cross compatible.

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 00:20
Just a few bits to do and I will upload this in a few hours...

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/WIP-46.jpg

CBris
October 5th, 2009, 01:46
Looking very nice indeed! Are you sure about the "negative" outlines on the checker bits? And the shade of red? Sorry to be such a boor. ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_colours.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/colours.jpg)

And why no paints from me yet? I am working on the rib stitching and taping ;)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_wingprogress.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/wingprogress.jpg)

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 03:22
LOL - Boor - NEVER!!

Yes- those outlines were the bits I was thinking of. The red I took from a sunny pic of the aircraft - i will look again.

Cheers :ernae:

anatolpopov
October 5th, 2009, 04:07
Looks great gajit. Thank you very much!

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 04:11
[/URL]

[URL="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/wingprogress.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_wingprogress.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/colours.jpg)

Hi Chris - now that is amazing :isadizzy:

Matt Wynn
October 5th, 2009, 04:53
Chris, you will make sure i get the new rib stitching and tape won't you?:icon_lol:

CODY
October 5th, 2009, 06:52

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_wingprogress.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/wingprogress.jpg)

Doh!...........I'm guessing this will be a 'Bump Map'? Cuz this will be great!
Put me on that list....For wanting it...

Jeff

jakegazzard
October 5th, 2009, 07:40
I have the iris christen eagle, everything about the aircraft is amazing!

Matt Wynn
October 5th, 2009, 08:32
i'm just finalising my demonstration then running it past the boss and will make my videos, don't expect a fancy livery, mines a bit..... dirty... been bush flying the thing :icon_lol:

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 09:09
Bush flying lol - looking forward to seeing that one Smoothy

Just uploading this one for Anatopopov

Chris - I have tweaked the red down a bit but prefer to go for the sunny shade from photos.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/complete-8.jpg

CBris
October 5th, 2009, 09:49
No worries - looks great!

CBris
October 5th, 2009, 09:56
Now how do the bumps progress?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_newbumps1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/newbumps1.jpg)

First of all, I have deliberately left the alpha excessive - a high shine is unforgiving of mistakes. I can see that shading in the bumpmaps does not work too well here - I will have to downtone it. From the next two, you can compare old and new bumpmaps. They aren so prominent now and the rib count is correct and matching (as close as the mdl polys allow)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_newbumps3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/newbumps3.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_oldbumps3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/oldbumps3.jpg)

New on the left. I have done only the wings and I need to raise the thickness of the bumps a teensy bit. Before I release I will noisify the normal surface of the fabric ever so slightly and I will do the fuselage too.

As you can see - I have left the "threehundred" speculars as is, but removed the paint bits. Interesting...

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 10:24
Good greif - thats amazing work - yep interesting :ernae:

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 10:29
Hey Chris - given how little we can see from that pic you found - do you think this works?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/under.jpg

Matt Wynn
October 5th, 2009, 10:35
that looks bang on the money Gajit :ernae:

Txmmy83
October 5th, 2009, 10:35
Chris that bump mapping is perfect

BR
Tom

CBris
October 5th, 2009, 11:33
Good stuff there Gajit - looks real good. Perhaps the "shading" layer could co from "normal" merge to an "overlay" or "division" merge, but that is mere taste.

Just by way of fun, try creating an orange specular map (instead of the yellow) and make the black stripes royal blue ish. This is no critique, just a pointer for you to have some fun with - if you are up for surprises... The alpha for the spec should do if you make a low contrast grey scale that is almost white - just light enough to see the black bits as about a 5% grey tone...

No - it won't be more real - your paint as such is very close. I am just suggesting a spot of fun for you - you may be surprised ;) shan't say more, but I have a fun feeling about that. Maybe if you make the 'normal' alpha a tad darker too. ;)

gajit
October 5th, 2009, 14:54
Hi Chris

Please dont hold back - i welcome your input. My only problem is that I have such a limited understanding of alphas and specs - and dont even know what you mean by "diversion merge" LOL- I have experimented in the past but just dont get it! - does that make sense. I have to keep it simple. I think i need to find a really good tutorial and Im not sure that Photoshop elements can cope with alphas - can find any reference in the help.

Meanwhile here is another simple one im in the middle of...

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-47.jpg

CODY
October 5th, 2009, 16:54
Hi Chris

Please dont hold back - i welcome your input. My only problem is that I have such a limited understanding of alphas and specs - and dont even know what you mean by "diversion merge" LOL- I have experimented in the past but just dont get it! - does that make sense. I have to keep it simple. I think i need to find a really good tutorial and Im not sure that Photoshop elements can cope with alphas - can find any reference in the help.

PhotoShop is 'Very Capable' of handling 'Alphas'....

http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/forum37-photoshop/

You will get lost there for sure...Alphas have no magical mystery to them.
When you add the 'Spec maps' and their alphas into the mix now it becomes fun!
If you want a lesson in alphas'...go mess around with Carenados Cessna 206 and 182 RG prop texture....there is a hidden lesson in making the "Cessna" logo go away....:icon_lol:
Do not ever let your self get stuck in rut...there are a few good painters that help you get your problems figured out.
All you have to do is ask.

Jeff

AckAck
October 5th, 2009, 17:16
Photoshop Elements, not Photoshop.

Now, if Photoshop Elements doesn't do alphas, then just create them as a separate image and merge them with DXTbmp.

Brian

CODY
October 5th, 2009, 17:28
Photoshop Elements, not Photoshop.

Now, if Photoshop Elements doesn't do alphas, then just create them as a separate image and merge them with DXTbmp.

Brian
See....I learned sumthin' new...I thought he used 'Element' as a synonym.
I never knew they had a program named that...Heck I still flip/flop between PhotoShop 5.5 and CS...
But making an 'Alpha' is basically removing the color (read:GRAYSCALE) from the template. Does 'Elements' not have that ability?

Jeff

CBris
October 5th, 2009, 20:09
Love the "IRON EAGLE" there Gajit!

"Merge"? Oh you are in for some fun then... I am afraid I know nothing about Photoshop Elements, so I can't tell you where to look. However, if you go to the help files (normally you press F1) and do a search on the word "Merge", then you will get some basic info. That's if PE allows merge.

What the term means is that when you set a merge value, that defines how the current layer allows the one below it to show through. There are several different kinds of merge and they can all be set from 0 to 100%. The "Normal" merge is simply a transparency, so a white top layer remains white, but is see throught. A Multiply merge would mean that pure white disappears (great for removing white) but it then makes colours blend together by multiplying the two overlaying colour values.

Oh... simple excercise:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Various%202/th_mergetypes.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Various%202/mergetypes.jpg)

Perhaps this post should go into the paintshop?

swimeye
October 6th, 2009, 00:07
This thread is so cool to follow, You are a great tutor Chris. Nice to see such sharing of expertise :jump:

gajit
October 6th, 2009, 00:17
Almost done witht his one - and have just uploaded D-EMIT

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/complete-9.jpg

anatolpopov
October 6th, 2009, 03:04
Looks good.
I hate that person who sits in front of me in Eagle II! :bump:

CBris
October 6th, 2009, 03:14
Looks good.
I hate that person who sits in front of me in Eagle II! :bump:
Go to the aircraft menu and change the fuel and payload so that "passenger" reads 0 pounds (kilos)

She will disappear.

anatolpopov
October 6th, 2009, 03:16
Okay, thanks

gajit
October 6th, 2009, 04:50
If you put more weight on her you get a fat bird in the front :ernae:

anatolpopov
October 6th, 2009, 06:04
I just read about aerobatic maneuver entry speeds... what is the difference with loop up and loop down? I tried also find good videos about chandelle but I didn't find any...

CBris
October 6th, 2009, 06:22
On a loop down, you get acceleration due to gravity, so you can start slower, gain energy in the dive and pull out well. In a loop up, you need to overcome gravity as well as get round the circle, so you need more initial energy.

In both you need to manage your energy so that you can steer a perfect circle.

Chandelle is simply a climing turnwhere you pull up into a gentle climb and perform a normal banked 180° turn, except that the plane of the turn is at an angle instead of horizontal.

It is relatively easy and even old and/or non aerbatic planes can do chandelles elegantly. Just remember that after the 180° turn you should be on the same plane as you were flying into the manouever.

Oh... loops down can be messy in the cockpit, because if you start inverted you will see all the stuff you lost under the cabin floor falling back out...

(http://books.google.de/books?id=kc3aoLOiGVkC&pg=PA30&lpg=PA30&dq=aerobatics+loop+down&source=bl&ots=m5h6OQvC9i&sig=2RhW5TqTwfGmIuq5Q2VeqPRO9Io&hl=en&ei=U1PLSpfTDIeanwOJxsU_&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#v=onepage&q=aerobatics%20loop%20down&f=false)

Matt Wynn
October 6th, 2009, 06:46
yeah, like the start of that film 'hotshots' with Buzz & Mailman :icon_lol:

anyways, aerobatics in the CE are easy enough to do, just keep a close eye on the environment, entry speeds, reference points, if displaying keep an eye on crowd central and be prepared to change from a full display to a flat display in no time at all, then you can start the rolling display (i think i've been flying online displays a bit much) :icon_lol:

anatolpopov
October 6th, 2009, 06:57
I really agree that. Aerobatics are easy to do in CE II ! (I like II better than I )

Hammerheads are so fun with this :ernae:

Matt Wynn
October 6th, 2009, 06:58
CE1 is more the hardcore aerobatic performer the 2 is a bit more... dare i say it... tame :icon_lol:

anatolpopov
October 6th, 2009, 09:58
CE2 looks better ! Maybe because I saw CE1 first time now, when I bought the package :applause:

gajit
October 6th, 2009, 23:49
Sorry to ask for help from the aces of repainting but i am stuck. I have a photo of C-GAZZ that is silver with a standard simple design..
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/1144174/&sid=c94ffb2e3c0d3b08d2ec522fbf6485fd

I have experimented with different greys to try to get a silver finish but have no idea how to do it - any advice please?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/completewhite.jpg

CBris
October 6th, 2009, 23:56
I am progressing well with the 11 rib wing, but there is something I cannot change, and those are the built in bumps on the 3D model, otherwis I do feel I am nearly there with the correct rib structure, taping and stitching patterns on the wings.

Fixed 3D bump on the model: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_fixed3dbumps.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/fixed3dbumps.jpg)

Getting there is what it's all about.

I know this sounds selfish too, but the only paints my new bumpmaps will work on, will be future Eagleskinner paints. Other skins will have had their outer textures painted using the 10 rib wings so the painted wings will have overlapping positions of the shading for instance. Maybe I can "sell" my corrections to David and Josh and all the others who did those magnificent release paints...

How the now bumps are looking on a CE2:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_newbumpsCE2_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/newbumpsCE2_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_newbumpsCE2_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/newbumpsCE2_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_newbumpsCE2_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/newbumpsCE2_3.jpg)

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 00:00
Hi Chris - thats not selfish - your own work deserves to be based on your paints :ernae:

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 01:37
Silver?

1. Change those white areas you want in silver for a 20% black
2. where the 20% grey areas appear on the Alpha, change that to 80% black

After that experiment with the two grey tones if needed

The feathers here are silvered:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_gfish_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/gfish_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_gfish_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/gfish_3.jpg)

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 01:52
Hi Chris tx but Photoshop elements is not recognising alphas so im stuck. I must upgrade to a better package.

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 05:07
Hi Chris tx but Photoshop elements is not recognising alphas so im stuck. I must upgrade to a better package.

No you are not, Gajit.

Create a duplicate copy of the image. I presume you can see the paintkit textures, no?

So you create the coloured texture using PSE and save it under its filename.

Thenyou create a second image in greyscale. You don't need all the detail items from the diffuse map (that's the posh name for the texture with all the normal colours). All you need to do is to open the diffuse map and save under a different name, i.e. alpha_eagle2_RH_Fus_T.### (the ### is for whatever PSE has as extension).

In this new PSE image simply convert everything to greyscale. IF PSE does not have a "greyscale" conversion, simply flood fill the colour layers with greys from the palette. Or mix your own.

Here is what the diffuse 'normal' and alpha channels looks like for my "fish skeleton paint".

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_Eagle2_RH_Fus_T.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/Eagle2_RH_Fus_T.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_alpha_Eagle2_RH_Fus_T.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/alpha_Eagle2_RH_Fus_T.jpg)

Now the grey skeleton on the diffuse is slightly transparent so that it has a blue tint - that gives the silver effect a "blue sky reflected in the material sheen.

The white bits on the alpha channel here are so that the tyres don't show up as high gloss... who wan't glossy tyres?

I could add an orange skeleten in the specular 'normal' and make the diffuse 'normal' a kind of yellow ochre and the result would be gold...

Here is the specular 'normal' for the fishpaint:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/th_Eagle2_RH_Fus_S.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/seclet%20sqiwwel/Eagle2_RH_Fus_S.jpg)

The whole specular alpha was left white in this particular case as I want an overall soft diffusion of the reflected light... (but that is another tale)

The net answer is: you can make alphas.

Just import them into DXTbmp when you convert to dds

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 05:10
P.S.

DXTbmp has a "create alpha template" function - you can experiment with that

colihamp
October 7th, 2009, 06:23
Can anyone provide any feedback on what this bird is like to fly - specifically, how realistic is the flight model?

I've always steered clear of aerobatic aeroplanes in MSFS because I'm able to compare to real-world - and it's therefore more likely to fall short of my expectations than something (fast jet, heavies etc...) that I have no experience of.

I should say that I have never flown the Eagle but have a fair bit of Pitts time (mostly S-1S, a little S-2B).

I understand the limitations of MSFS, I''m just after some candid feedback on general realism.

Cheers,
CH.

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 06:50
Can anyone provide any feddback on what this bird is like to fly - specifically, how realistic is the flight model?

I've always steered clear of aerobatic aeroplanes in MSFS because I'm able to compare to real-world - and it's therefore more likely to fall short of my expectations than something (fast jet, heavies etc...) that I have no experience of.

I should say that I have never flown the Eagle but have a fair bit of Pitts time (mostly S-1S, a little S-2B).

I understand the limitations of MSFS, I''m just after some candid feedback on general realism.

Cheers,
CH.

There is plenty in thius thread about the handling - if you start back at page one.

There is some on the Iris site too.

All in all most people are more than happy.

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 06:58
I have just created a new paint for Gajit. It is nothing special as I am still working up the bumpmaps. I may release a final version of this as a fictional skin.

Gajit, you asked about silver. Here you go - silver (as opposed to polished alumimium - there is a difference)

Imagine coating the Eagle in silver mylar foil?

These first two images show... first: the save from Corel - you can see that each texture and bump has separate alphas. I then merge all thes in dxtbmp. second: this is what the paint folder looks like. Nine textures and six alphas (I didn't make alphas for the speculars htis time)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_paintimages.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/paintimages.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_paintfiles.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/paintfiles.jpg)

And the results? Well somewhere I misaligned the specular and the diffuse on the wings, but...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_silvergold2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/silvergold2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_silvergold3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/silvergold3.jpg)

All improved now - I have dumbed down the silver to an aluminium and am finally getting there with the bumps:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown3.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown5.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_dumbdown6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/dumbdown6.jpg)

colihamp
October 7th, 2009, 09:25
Thanks Chris,

Had a quick read through and the feedback looks very positive - I think I may have to buy this one.

Any chance of getting a repaint done (it's a simple one)? My a/c is a Pitts S-1, but it's the closest I'm going to get to having mine replicated in FSX.

No worries if not,

Cheers from the U.K,
CH.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/SP3iHmixYvI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/AZ5V_9UpZCM/s400/DSCF2038

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3227/3002/400/100_0143_00.0.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3227/3002/400/100_0137_01.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3227/3002/400/100_0142_00.jpg

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 10:15
Why not get the Icarus Pitts then?

But if not, I'll take this one on for you. A slightly cherry red. Stars on the top surfaces. what's on the undersides?

colihamp
October 7th, 2009, 10:34
Hi Chris,

Tried the Icarus model but wasn't impressed.

Brilliant - thanks very much. Very kind of you.

The only thing on the underside is the reg (G-STYL) on the underside of the port wing. It's white, begins around 1/2 way down the wing and finishes just before the end. I don't seem to have a decent photo, the one at the bottom just about (with good eyesight) shows the rough location/size. It's kind of like (without the dots)...

Nose
-------------
.......G-STYL
-------------
Tail

http://bp0.blogger.com/_22jiXNAndVY/RztN6RgmFCI/AAAAAAAAAEI/dvmqN12Pr0Q/s400/DSCF0593.JPG

Thanks again,

CH

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 12:03
Just warming her up for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_1.jpg)

More pics after first flight... OK... "bridged it" and am back down on the ground at 2B2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_3.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_4.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_5.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_6.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_7.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_8.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_8.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_10.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_10.jpg)

Oh you rotten s##! That last photo was under a better light and it is apparent I used the wrong red... In your first pictures the red was not so red. In that last nose-on shot it is real red... Oh well.

Don't you wish you'd bought a Christen now?

[edit] ooops! Single pipe exhaust....

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 12:47
:applause::jump::applause::jump::applause:

waka172rg
October 7th, 2009, 13:21
Nice paints Guys:ernae:
Chris any chance of this?
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w326/waka172rg/JAGPItts.jpg
Please note that Chris has done this paint before so he has photos of this A/C even tho this is not a good one i have given
Plus this is a Pitts too.
Thanks for the paints :jump: Chris and Gajit.

Edit..The paint you just did Chris when will that be on your website i just when in to download not there?

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 16:55
I did that one for FS9 and I did it for the correct model - the Icarus Pitts and as I have alredy said...

I shall probably do it again for the Eagle ;)

As for the downloads - well I am waiting for the owner of the real plane and as mentioned on the site - I am also working on the bumps too - and there I need IRIS Input too. I might just fictionalise "MAD" a bit this time - the silver bits are aluminium paint on the real - I may just "foil" it this time around. We shall see....

Edit: ooops, of course I mean JAG - although MAD is on the list too.

waka172rg
October 7th, 2009, 17:46
Thankyou Chris look forward to seeing JAG and MAD paints on your website :)
Oh an you might meed a few rolls of Foil for that job :icon_lol:
Blake (waka172rg)

anatolpopov
October 7th, 2009, 21:18
CBris, you are so talented so can you do also other finnish reg Eagle II ?

OH-XEC (http://www.taitolento.fi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=39)
or
OH-XHN (http://www.taitolento.fi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=40)

anatolpopov
October 7th, 2009, 22:06
Eagle and Pitts

CODY
October 7th, 2009, 22:42
Almost...Still a few bits to go...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/sl3.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/sl2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/sl1.jpg

Jeff

CBris
October 7th, 2009, 23:07
That's nice Jeff!

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 23:13
Great work :ernae:

gajit
October 7th, 2009, 23:29
Hi Chris - tx for your post 130+1 Just to let you know that I will try later today when i have more time and a clear head (and patience LOL)

Again - much apprechiated.

CODY
October 8th, 2009, 01:48
Thanks guys....:wavey:

Jeff

colihamp
October 8th, 2009, 03:40
Just warming her up for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_1.jpg)

More pics after first flight... OK... "bridged it" and am back down on the ground at 2B2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_3.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_4.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_5.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_6.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_7.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_8.jpg)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_GSTYL_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/GSTYL_8.jpg)

Oh you rotten s##! That last photo was under a better light and it is apparent I used the wrong red... In your first pictures the red was not so red. In that last nose-on shot it is real red... Oh well.

Don't you wish you'd bought a Christen now?

[edit] ooops! Single pipe exhaust....

:applause: That's just superb - thank you so much. I have sent you a PM Chris.

Cheers,
CH.

anatolpopov
October 8th, 2009, 04:31
I had to try this also. Because I can't draw the Eagle I selected this kind of stripe style paint.

CBris
October 8th, 2009, 04:47
I see there is one thing some folks are still doing - er - "not quite right", shall we say...

White and black should never really be the RGB values 255, 255, 255 or 0, 0, 0

If you flood fill areas at full black or full white, the finished planes look too white or too black - there is no room for contrast left. You should try a white that is around 10% black, or a black that is around 90%

Values of 233, 233, 233 or 23, 23, 23 will stll give white and black, but you will have far more definition - it's worth trying.

gajit
October 8th, 2009, 07:01
I see there is one thing some folks are still doing - er - "not quite right", shall we say...

If you flood fill areas at full black or full white, the finished planes look too white or too black - there is no room for contrast left. You should try a white that is around 10% black, or a black that is around 90%

Values of 233, 233, 233 or 23, 23, 23 will stll give white and black, but you will have far more definition - it's worth trying.

Great advice - tx

alpine
October 8th, 2009, 07:11
Hi, experts!
Can anyone tell me please, where to place some VC-lights?
I kow acrobats don`t do it at night, but in the northern hemisphere the days are getting pretty short now...

Cheers, Thilo

CODY
October 8th, 2009, 07:21

Gotta agree with you Chris...I always find myself using a 'Grayer' black.
Never thought about the 'White' though...
In aluminum skinned planes a dash of 'Blueish/White' seems right, but with a doped/fabric surface white seems to be white...at least to me?
I know when you look at pictures from real life you have to look at the whole picture....the colors of the grass and sky and such can tell you how true the colors are to your own eye...
A long time ago we had this kinda talk about 'Red' in the 'CoolSky' forum...I never really thought about how a photo maybe filtered...

Jeff

CBris
October 8th, 2009, 07:42
Thing is, FSX will change the reflections according to time of day too - at dusk, the globalenv_AC_Chrome will be changed too, so you have to look at all aspects of the paint when you colourise a new skin, not just the noontime colours...

Anyway - I have a problem too - posting in the general FSX forum below...

kilo delta
October 8th, 2009, 13:39
Sorry to be a pain,guys but I've a repaint request too...for yet another Pitts. The aircraft in question is pictured below...an S-2A

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/hugoj_air/EI-BKAforKDonFII07-10-2009111.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/xatco/Arthur001.jpg

more here... http://www.irishairpics.com/results.php?q=EI-BKA&fields=all&sort=latest&limit=10&ft=yes

I was sponsored by HARP lager and I think that their logo is available in .eps format should it be required.
Unfortunately a few months after these images were taken (in 1984) the aircraft was destroyed during an air show, killing the pilot. The repaint would be a nice tribute to the pilot.

CODY
October 8th, 2009, 18:26
Sorry to be a pain,guys but I've a repaint request too...for yet another Pitts. The aircraft in question is pictured below...an S-2A

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr278/hugoj_air/EI-BKAforKDonFII07-10-2009111.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/xatco/Arthur001.jpg

more here... http://www.irishairpics.com/results.php?q=EI-BKA&fields=all&sort=latest&limit=10&ft=yes

I was sponsored by HARP lager and I think that their logo is available in .eps format should it be required.
Unfortunately a few months after these images were taken (in 1984) the aircraft was destroyed during an air show, killing the pilot. The repaint would be a nice tribute to the pilot.

Well.....If you wanna give me some time I'll take a swing at it...
But I do want to warn you...the way the stripe goes up over the spine of the fuse around the tail maybe a problem.
I'm working on 2 re-paints that do something similar...and there is texture pulling/tearing up there...So it may cause a problem.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/tearing.jpg

Jeff

CODY
October 8th, 2009, 22:52
Yipeee....So far so good...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/lager1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/lager2.jpg

Jeff

CBris
October 9th, 2009, 02:45
Right... now that I have fixed my understanding of the cubic environment maps and how they work with respect to the Eagle, I now have two more textures nearing completion. The bumps are looking right - maybe I need to reduce the layering a tad. I don't like the orange peel paint effect but that is almost a necessary evil in FSX. (Leave a bumpmap flat and the reflections are awfully streaky. Maybe I can fiddle with the cubemaps...? If I add some "waver" there...?

All in all I am getting happier. OK, with the new cubemap I need to adjust the alpha again (done on the red one).

What a learning session this has been!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_3.jpg)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_5.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_6.jpg)

kilo delta
October 9th, 2009, 02:46
Thanks a million,Jeff.....it's looking great so far! :ernae::applause::medals:

colihamp
October 9th, 2009, 03:19
Right... now that I have fixed my understanding of the cubic environment maps and how they work with respect to the Eagle, I now have two more textures nearing completion. The bumps are looking right - maybe I need to reduce the layering a tad. I don't like the orange peel paint effect but that is almost a necessary evil in FSX. (Leave a bumpmap flat and the reflections are awfully streaky. Maybe I can fiddle with the cubemaps...? If I add some "waver" there...?

All in all I am getting happier. OK, with the new cubemap I need to adjust the alpha again (done on the red one).

What a learning session this has been!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_3.jpg)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_5.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_6.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_6.jpg)

Looks great Chris. Nice work. :applause:

CBris
October 9th, 2009, 13:20
Three paints uploaded to my site and ready for download:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_7.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_8.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_9.jpg)

One fictional (silver), which I used ase the base model for the new bumpmaps.

Two real-world paints - ColiHamp's and an Argentinian one.

Download from my site and enjoy.

gajit
October 9th, 2009, 13:36
Stunning work Chris - im giving up painting so i can have time to fly your fantastic creations :applause::applause:

CBris
October 9th, 2009, 13:50
Har har har-di-har... (pardon the synicism here)

You're too good to give up Gajit - I can see where you are heading and I have got one hell of a job to stay where I am.

Matt Wynn
October 9th, 2009, 14:01
we all do Chris, Gajits catching up fast... quick man the paintbrushes all hands to the palette we have to push it beyond what we do now to stay ahead :icon_lol:

gajit
October 9th, 2009, 14:55
LOL - if only - there is so much i just dont understand - you guys really do a fantastic job - i feel im just stabbing at it at the moment.

Thanks for the encouragement - you lead by example

CODY
October 9th, 2009, 16:10
Thanks a million,Jeff.....it's looking great so far! :ernae::applause::medals:
Don't thank me yet.....
I need some help............:isadizzy:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/harpswing1.jpg

I've looked for more pic's...to no avail!
I need some clarification on the 'Harps Logo' on the top wing.It doesn't look like a standard drop shadow...And I just can't make enough of it out to do it right.
Any body got any links or pic's?

Jeff

waka172rg
October 9th, 2009, 16:11
Three paints uploaded to my site and ready for download:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_7.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_7.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_8.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_PIcube_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/PIcube_9.jpg)

One fictional (silver), which I used ase the base model for the new bumpmaps.

Two real-world paints - ColiHamp's and an Argentinian one.

Download from my site and enjoy.

Thanks Chris:ernae:

Matt Wynn
October 9th, 2009, 16:58
looks like it stays level with the edges ie. not offset at an angle just a straight vertical drop

CBris
October 9th, 2009, 18:26
Jeff:

http://www.trinitycollegenapoli.it/Immagini/Immagini_birre/harp%20lagher.jpg

There are plenty of images with a 45° down-right offset, but I am tending to go along with Matt - it looks like a vertical, doesn't it?

CODY
October 9th, 2009, 19:27
Smoothie...That's what I'm seeing...But It still comes back towards the trailing edge of the wing...Chris's link shows that...But Chris...That still doesn't look right either.:isadizzy:
Chris's link does look more like what I'm seeing...Arrrggghhhh...
I think I'll do it 2 ways and see what you guys think...I did have to walk away from it for a while!
It does drive crazy when the guy that took the pictures didn't say in the back of his mind..."I better get a real good picture of the top wing for those flight sim guys!"

Jeff

CBris
October 9th, 2009, 20:22
Jeff, maybe the family withheld photos.

Anyway, try this:

Vertical shadow displacement = width of the letter uprights
Horizontal shadow displacement = width of the letter serifs

There does appear to be a slight yellow vertical visible on the H and the A of HARP

10:1 ratio?

P.S. The yellow could be stronger - add a dash of red?

colihamp
October 10th, 2009, 00:51
Thanks again Chris, wonderful work. Couple of shots of first flight in Yankee Lima...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBJl05YsEI/AAAAAAAAALA/iKlxZbegi94/s400/2009-10-10_9-9-44-421.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBJl05YsEI/AAAAAAAAALA/iKlxZbegi94/s1600-h/2009-10-10_9-9-44-421.jpg)http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBIbW4z8qI/AAAAAAAAAKw/f00wMdF_XL4/s400/2009-10-10_9-12-42-687.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBIbW4z8qI/AAAAAAAAAKw/f00wMdF_XL4/s1600-h/2009-10-10_9-12-42-687.jpg)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBI3iEPPmI/AAAAAAAAAK4/uU6_L_ZX8ek/s400/2009-10-10_8-57-32-890.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBI3iEPPmI/AAAAAAAAAK4/uU6_L_ZX8ek/s1600-h/2009-10-10_8-57-32-890.jpg)http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBHhqlmGKI/AAAAAAAAAKg/GPN6xbKCmEQ/s400/2009-10-10_9-1-58-421.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBHhqlmGKI/AAAAAAAAAKg/GPN6xbKCmEQ/s1600-h/2009-10-10_9-1-58-421.jpg)http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBD0_s-oBI/AAAAAAAAAKY/TSKif3ZGiYg/s400/2009-10-10_8-57-8-687.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_22jiXNAndVY/StBD0_s-oBI/AAAAAAAAAKY/TSKif3ZGiYg/s1600-h/2009-10-10_8-57-8-687.jpg)

gajit
October 10th, 2009, 01:28
That is great work Chris

I also love the new bumpmaps :applause:

I was hoping to do this one but just cant google any other pics of N540ET to show the wings - has anyone seen any?

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-1.jpg

CBris
October 10th, 2009, 01:46
You have obviously seen this one:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Christen-Eagle-II/1065743/L/

I believe you'll get a hint of "red flames" spreading back along the wing. This photo inspired my "Union Flag" paint.

But do what I do if you see a paint you like and don't have enough detail for...

Write to the owners, or call them. You can always find out who owns a plane - example here:

http://www.planedesire.com/aircraft/desire/N540ET/details.html

BUT DON'T TRY FOR THIS ONE PLEASE AS I AM ALREADY CONTACTING THE OWNERS FOR DETAIL

BTW - that is not intended as "shouting" - merely emphasis so that we don't embarass the guy.

Although do forgive me for saying it looks like you have cut that directly from the photo...

For shame! Photo textures! Ptui! :icon_lol: :engel016: :icon_lol: :engel016: I make "real" vector drawings if ever I need anything like that. Brrrr shake...

Just joking about something I'm not good at and don't care for in FSX. After all - FSX takes a plain paint and gives it the right reflections.

gajit
October 10th, 2009, 03:17
Hi Chris

Great - if your doing it then I dont need too!! And I agree that the owner should not be pestered.

I agree - Im not over keen on photo real - as an exercise I am going to work on the side to see if i can remove shadows etc.

CBris
October 10th, 2009, 04:30
Actually phototextures when done well do look good. The biggest problem is that the lighting in FSX can throw the appearance with unusual reflections and highlights - and of course you need better photos than just the one we have on airliners net.

But if you want to go for phototextures, there is one tool some paint programs have that you will find very useful - a clone brush. You can use it to "edit out" things like the wing brace wires that are visible on your fuselage.

Personally though, I take the time and create vector graphics - they're a lot more work, but the results are good.

kilo delta
October 10th, 2009, 04:44
Hi guys....unfortunately those are the only images I can get a hold of of the aircraft. From memory the shadow was a vertical drop, as stated earlier....although those memories are from 1984! I really appreciate the effort that you are putting into this paint,Jeff....and thanks to Chris et al for the additional help.:applause::ernae:

gajit
October 10th, 2009, 05:55
Yep - removed shadows, braces etc - still got a bit to do on the fuse then I might make the wings as a stop gap.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-5.jpg

CBris
October 10th, 2009, 06:09
Muchos kudos!

gajit
October 10th, 2009, 08:36
Im guessing the wings are simular to this

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/wip-12.jpg

CBris
October 10th, 2009, 09:10
damn good!

gajit
October 11th, 2009, 00:12
Hi Chris - have you started on this one? Its based just 10 miles from me :jump:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6231073&nseq=1

http://www.christen-eagle.com/?page_id=58&show=gallery

Im trying to find more single seats to paint. Might have to make my own G-AJIT version!! Except that i have just found that it is an Auster.

Txmmy83
October 11th, 2009, 06:27
Gajit That one is looking nice :applause:

BR
Tom

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 07:54
Gajit, you could install the Classic British Flight Sim Auster and do your own G-AJIT...

As for the G-CENC photos, that will definitely be the same pattern used on your last paint - it seems to be identical on the side, so I guess it is just a matter of re-doing your wings

Go for it!

tigisfat
October 11th, 2009, 08:32
The supersonic prop tip noise is fun, but the clicking every two and a 1/4 seconds from the interior is REALLY annoying and sounds amateur. I'm surprised this wasn't caught.

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 09:19
You'd be surprised - it wasn't. I won't say good or bad, but the sound was the last item added and is guaranteed to be fixed. I don't think it was noticed, because we were all having too much fun. Let's just say we learned something as betatesters too, when we opened the release packs. It would have been fixed straight away, but for the private commitments of the dev team.

So with sincerest apologies from a beta tester who didn't spot it, you can rest assured that a fix will be done as soon as David is back from wherever. It is only a small tweak on one of the soundloops.

More annoying is a different error in the supersonic tip noise. But no, you're all to busy on the click to notice the unfixable noise on the supersonic noise... Anyone spotted it? I did and that is more annoying than a sound loop error.

And no - this one cannot be fixed - it is an FSX internal thing. So if you can't spot it, don't sweat it...

gajit
October 11th, 2009, 09:24
Ah - I know :jump: I know :jump: - but wont say or people will listen for it

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 09:28
hahaha

tigisfat
October 11th, 2009, 09:33
seriously, please don't tell me or I'll hear it. :bump:

I just got back from a business trip to California. My brother has an expensive house in an elite neighborhood, but it's right by the freeway. He never noticed the deafening roar until it was pointed out to him. Now he can't stop hearing it.

gajit
October 11th, 2009, 09:37
seriously, please don't tell me or I'll hear it. :bump:

I just got back from a business trip to California. My brother has an expensive house in an elite neighborhood, but it's right by the freeway. He never noticed the deafening roar until it was pointed out to him. Now he can't stop hearing it.

Was it you?????? LOL

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 11:41
I was raised in a small town right in the middle of the Lüneburg artillery ranges. (Long range snipers!)

Strange how we never heard the bangs until we had visitors... It's like living right by an intercity railway line - which I did for a few years. We stopped hearing the scheduled trains after a couple of months. Trouble was that the maintenance trains only came by night...

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 12:40
Boldly going...

...somewhere. W-i-P

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trek_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trek_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trek_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trek_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trek_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trek_3.jpg)

gajit
October 11th, 2009, 13:11
Wow - great - is it real world?

Im an idiot (unless that was not known already!) as i have just spent 30 mins working on a repaint of G-IXII to only discover it came as standard in the product!!

See - i told you - Idiot!

CBris
October 11th, 2009, 19:52
Fictional.

CBris
October 12th, 2009, 07:26
getting there... spot the "affiliation" hahahahahahaha

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trekkie_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trekkie_1.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trekkie_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trekkie_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_trekkie_3.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/trekkie_3.jpg)

gajit
October 12th, 2009, 07:56
Thats just fantastic!!

boxcar
October 12th, 2009, 10:03
Still having a blast with the Eagles. Maybe a bit tooooooooooooo much fun:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=202516

Looking forward to having better sound files though. Will make it more fun.

Loving your new Argentinian-flagged hot rod, Chris, but got the ole black
rotating prop here. Other than that- SUH-WHEEeeet! Gorgeous repaint.

LilSki
October 12th, 2009, 20:06
Edited by Henry
at the request of LilSki

Txmmy83
October 13th, 2009, 01:02
Is this a modified version of my model? I never gave ANYONE any permission to sell my model in any way shape or form.

I just was messing around a googled my name and this came up. I am a bit upset at the moment.

EDIT: IF it is a new model from scratch that is fine. But if there is any shed of my model (and it looks like it) then we have a problem.

it is a New Model!
no textures of the FS9 Eagle work on this! it is Layered completely different

Google maybe found these lines in product description and point you to the IRIS model:

August 2005 saw the release of what is now widely regarded as one of the benchmarks for Flight Simulator Aerobatic aircraft in the form of the Long Island Classics Christen Eagle for FS2004.
Now, four years later, and with a gracious nod to both Kevin Lechmanski and Dan Hufford of Long Island Classics

hope that helps :)

BR
Tom

warchild
October 13th, 2009, 07:03
I ws with David ( on skype ) when we negotiated the eagle with Frank Christeson along with Josh Pemberton. The Model was supplied by Mr Christenson himself in a raw early 3ds max version which david updated and fleshed out with vc and other corrections to the model itself. I personally created the original Flight model based on Mr Christensons original blue prints before passing the project off due to other real life involvements. At no time did we use anything that belonged to LIC or anything remotely similar. If there is any similarity whatsoever then it stands as a testament to LICs work and dedication to this plane, because WE used a model and data supplied to us by the original creator of the plane, and LIC simply did a great job with their version in comparison.

Pam Brooker

Iris Simulations
Flight model Engineer

OzX Redux
Flight Model Engineer

Txmmy83
October 13th, 2009, 07:46
have made my first paintjob not planed for public release at least in this color combination

http://school.simaerobatic.com/gallery/1_12_10_09_1_36_38.jpeg

BR
Tom

LilSki
October 13th, 2009, 08:03
You would think I would learn by now not to post when upset, but I did and I apologize.

Dave has asked to speak to me later today and I look forward to speaking with him.

Under further review it does appear to be different model from mine. It had been a while since I even looked at my model so once I loaded it up this morning I noticed it was definitely different. Many don't know this but I too dealt with Frank back when I did my model. So both models most likely came from the exact same 3 view drawings. I still have his drawings and press material in storage. I even have an entire copy of the instructions to construct the canopy as I was hell bent on getting that opening animation to be accurate.

What I am still upset about is the use of my name as well as Dan's and LIC in the press releases. I had no knowledge of this project of any kind. Josh had been hounding me about an Eagle I model for quite some time. He also mentioned the 3DS models he received from Frank and I still have a copy of them that Josh sent to me. but again there was never any mention that there was another group working on the Eagle FSX project. So I was a bit surprised when I saw an FSX Eagle and that it was payware with my name associated with it.

I had planned on getting back into the FS scene this winter as my 3 year restoration of my 79 Firebird is finally complete and I would really like to produce some more freeware. But I guess I don't have to worry about the Eagle anymore. I guess I'll finally finish the Tri/L-16s and then make a new Decathlon.

I have requested that my initial post be edited as I found I cannot edit my post after a certain amount of time.

EDIT: Everyones paints look outstanding BTW!!

CBris
October 13th, 2009, 08:43
@ txmmy83 Nice one Tom! But you really ought to do something about the shading of the ribs on the wings. It stands out too white

Txmmy83
October 13th, 2009, 08:49
@ txmmy83 Nice one Tom! But you really ought to do something about the shading of the ribs on the wings. It stands out too white

ok will work on the ribs thanks for the HU

have toned them down a bit test flying now to see the changes :)

BR
Tom

gajit
October 13th, 2009, 10:02
Hi LilSki

I loved your Fs9 Eagle - it was one of my favourites. Its a few years now that i used FS9 but I would like to thank you for that fantastic model. :applause:

anatolpopov
October 13th, 2009, 10:48
I haven't done this kind of paintjobs before but let's see what's gonna happen.

Does somebody have those logos? http://oracleimg.com/cluboracle/teamoracle/images/modelers/cowling.jpg

CBris
October 13th, 2009, 11:34
That is Sean D Tucker's "Oracle Challenger"

I worked on a project to develop one of these three years ago, but the publisher failed us all. Looks like you have even picked up a patch out of the textures I was doing.

No... mine were better :kilroy: :engel016: , more detail. That looks only vaguely like a texture of mine in the early stages - before I had the rest of the logos and if it is, then you can only have got it from Cason Farmer or myself.

The three images below are respectively from the vector graphics image, the bitmap and the recompiled dds image from the flying model. Oh, and the last image is the Alpha model in another skin I was working on.

So in short - I know this plane. And to answer your question - I have every single one of the logos on three or four different challengers. All hand drawn as vector graphics. You'll not get any more accurate.

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 15:46
LolSki - for what its worth - I love the Fs9 Eagle from LIC - it has kept me from buying the new one....well that and insufficient funds.

But I can rely on the LIC masterwork to tide me over til my bank recognizes me again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2009-4-18_21-49-4-625.jpg

Smudge
October 13th, 2009, 18:15
Okay,

I've just spent an hour on Skype with Kevin and have sorted everything out. It seems it was a simple misunderstanding which has now been resolved. :)

My mention of Kevin and Dan in my press releases was intended as providing credit for the fine work and the benchmark they had set in their fantastic FS9 Christen Eagle, which we had aspired to reaching.

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 18:31
yeah thats how I read it - it wasn't an endorsement from them - it was a nod to them

LilSki
October 13th, 2009, 18:35
yeeeaaaah late night and not a good day = not a good time to post :banghead:

heywooood
October 13th, 2009, 19:15
like no one else have ever done the same, no worries - besides - it lends itself to my theory that for every negative there is a positive and here I get a chance to thank you and the LIC people personally for the outstanding -even ported to FSX- Christen Eagle you made.

Thanks man :kilroy:

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 08:26
If you guys have been wondering...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_1.jpg)

Within the limits of the given model, this is the cockpit of N540ET. The real one has only been posted once at airliners.net so far and I must apologise for the fuss I made when Gajit started, because I was already in touch with the owner. Ken Bowen owns this very highly modified Eagle II. It has the same nose cowling as the Oracle Challenger as flown by Sean Tucker and the wing tips are squared off to the rear with extended ailerons. The insides are close - yes, he really does have an engine turned panel. And yes, it is blue. Guess.

There are still a few fixes I need to do. The red is a little too red. I still have to get used to the changed materials and alphas that I am working with. Also - big nuisance - when you have things like stitching and seams and rib tape that goes over red and blue, the merge effects react totally different, so you have to cut out the bits over the different colours and merge differently. Lots of masking and cutting out involved.

But here's some more views of the beta on its first paint drying flight...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_5.jpg)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_8.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_8a.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_8a.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_9.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_10.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_10.jpg)

CODY
October 14th, 2009, 11:53
Well other than Alphas and Spec maps...I think I found enough time to get the main painting done....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/lager2-1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/lager1-1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/lager3.jpg

I still don't think I nailed the Top Wing....But after staring at that one picture for a long time, I just said enough!

Jeff

kilo delta
October 14th, 2009, 11:58
Looks good to me Jeff! It'll be nice to see "that" aircraft fly again after 25 years....even if it is only a virtual flight.:ernae::ernae::medals:

CODY
October 14th, 2009, 12:05
Looks good to me Jeff! It'll be nice to see "that" aircraft fly again after 25 years....even if it is only a virtual flight.:ernae::ernae::medals:
I'll do my best to get her ready by tomorrow....I'll PM ya so you can get her first....

Chris....
What are the problems with doing certain planes...Have you ever had someone tell you "Not" to post or upload a specific plane?
I have 2-3 that I'm looking at that have major brand names on them...And don't want to take the time to do them and be no!

Jeff

kilo delta
October 14th, 2009, 12:35
Cheers, Jeff! :icon29:

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 17:42
Hi Jeff,

There shouldn't be any problems really, other than copyright and trademark issues. Some aircraft I do know are already licensed out by the owners for creating an FS model. The Challenger is one example as far as I know. I know ORACLE don't mind modellers - specifically aeromodellers - using their paint schemes for radio controlled planes.

Other companies will demand a licensing fee to use their "copyrighted designs" on models (both RC and Sim) and still others simply say no. (One biplane maker even demands several thousand dollars from folk who want to model their plane)

A lot of the problems can arise with trademark rights - A major tyre manufacturer refused my reques to recreate paint on one plane simply because the tyre featured was no longer in production. In another case, a major Swiss watch maker refused any use of their logos without permission - and promptly refused permission on a fictional I had proposed.

From all this you may think I worry too much - it's possible. Just remember all of us who scream and shout and rave about pirates uploading FSX models to their pirate sites - and then ask yourselves if we are any better in "copying" other people's trademarks, designs, work, photographs...

I won't say I am squeaky clean. But I generally try to get into personal touch with the owners/operators of aircraft I paint. In most of those cases I get positive responses - even from airlines in some cases. I do this not so much out of panic about copyrights, but more out of courtesy to the people who put their sweat into a beautiful airplane. I have some very interesting contacts now - and see Banana Bob's photopaint of Patty Wagstaff's Extra - she has endorsed it with here favourable comments and blessings.

Of course, most lawyers would untangle a painter from any hassle if he painted someone's IP work on a sim model. It's a bit like photography - you create an image of something you have seen at an airshow (take photos, draw sketches, paint models) and you show and share these images with friends. It can get tricky when you start making money from their efforts. On that last point, I note that there are people charging for their repaints of major airline's liveries. But that is not for me to worry about.

And one of the biggest benefits from "asking permission" is that the plane owners are just as pleased about seing their planes painted in sim as you will be in making some great new acquaintances. Sometimes it is a right intellectual challenge too, to even find the owners. I have written to aerobatics associations who passed my on to someone else who passed it on again.

I have found another owner's through the FAA aircraft registries (in the case of the last Eagle Skin above) - these are public domain. Actually finding the owners is then the real puzzle. You can easily get the postal addresses of any owner that way. But before I write letters, I try for online contacts first. I found one plane owner because he had endorsed an aviation product on a shop site I browsed to. I aske the shop to pass a message on.

Incidentally, I have it on very reliable and good authority that Frank Christensen is totally happy for any of his Eagles and all the paintschemes to be reproduced. i.e. the eagle feather patterns that you typically see in four and seven colour schemes. Where you can get tied up is in painting trademarks on your paints. Most are good, but some companies will look closely...

So just to firm up my answer to Jeff. From experience there should be no problems. Most owners say yes anyway. My concerns raised here about a couple of potential paints were simply because I know of problems with particular owners / sponsors and I know of projects in progress.

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 17:44
Incidentally Jeff - I can see the hard work gone into your Harpie... I look forward to seeing it out of FSRepaint and in FSX.

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 18:08
Still having a blast with the Eagles. Maybe a bit tooooooooooooo much fun:

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?t=202516

Looking forward to having better sound files though. Will make it more fun.

Loving your new Argentinian-flagged hot rod, Chris, but got the ole black
rotating prop here. Other than that- SUH-WHEEeeet! Gorgeous repaint.

Sorry - missed this comment about the black prop.

My answer here for all:

If you find that when you add a new paint, the propellers are suddenly black, don't panic! Simply go to the "texture.Common" folder and copy four "prop_****.dds" textures into the new paint folder.

Don't ask - I don't know why, but I am passing this on to IRIS. There must be something in the way the fallback is not working properly.

boxcar
October 14th, 2009, 18:19
Heya Chris,

PM just sent. Worked great, though for the sake of any others experiencing a like problem, the 4 prop textures weren't found in the Common folder. They were "next door" in one of the models' folders.

Easy as cake. er... Simple as pie. AHhhh, you know what is mean!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/propgood.jpg

~Purdy~
Thankee, my friend. Good to see you here this evening/morning, for you, & early at that! Crazy Horse is coming soon. :-) Am quoting the Joker in the 1st Batman movie here:

"What until they a load of me."

Much appreciated, Chris. Iris has a winner on their hands here & she'll only get better, especially with folks like you staying after it. Kinda like me, being the single malt agitator of beta testing scenery packages, you know? :-) Pain in the patooty for developers during, though the end results are sweet.

Oh, am feeling a canyon run coming on strong with this beautiful repaint...

Later,

David

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 18:39
Good correction there David - thanks.

Yes - it seems Iris may have forgotten to put the prop textures in the common folder - in hindsight, I had put the props from an IRIS texture into the common folder myself - and forgotten.

So - as David says - just look for the four prop textures in one of the IRIS paints and copy them over. Either to the new paint or to the common folder.

Pilamaya yelo

boxcar
October 14th, 2009, 18:41
Pilamaya yelo

Ake wancia kin ktelo, mita tansi.

"We'll see one another again, my cousin"

JIMJAM
October 14th, 2009, 19:39
Lots and lots of purty skins but how does she fly?
From the vids the fm seems nervous but predictable.

CODY
October 14th, 2009, 21:11
Incidentally Jeff - I can see the hard work gone into your Harpie... I look forward to seeing it out of FSRepaint and in FSX.
Thanks Chris....I hate putting them out half-arsed.....It does look "Right"...Not 100% thought...

On the that "Tire" company...I hope it started with a "P" and not an "F"!
Cuz there is a gorgeous red and white scheme.....

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Firestone-(Malatini-Airshows)/Christen-Pitts-S-2B/1366897/L/ (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Firestone-%28Malatini-Airshows%29/Christen-Pitts-S-2B/1366897/L/)

That will be up next in line...

Jeff

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 21:47
Interesting - I followed that airliners net link and got this (see pic). Probably one of the advertisers there.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Various%201/warning.jpg

boxcar
October 14th, 2009, 22:00
Geez, Chris! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-023.gif That woke me up! As the post above was the first thing seen after clicking
on the email link notifying of a reply to the thread all that is seen is the security warning. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif !Sheeeesh!

Got me there for just a second, albeit inadvertently. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/verkleidung/costumed-smiley-025.gif Heh heh heh hmmm........

May be up for a while longer now. S'alright... am calm now.

CODY
October 14th, 2009, 22:31
Interesting - I followed that airliners net link and got this (see pic). Probably one of the advertisers there.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Various%201/warning.jpg
WOW....I use AVG and go there all the time?
Sorry...
It was airliners.net?.....Right?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/avgfire1.jpg

Jeff

CODY
October 14th, 2009, 22:32
She's free....and flying kinda crazy....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/bka1.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/bka2.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/bka3.jpg

Jeff

gajit
October 14th, 2009, 22:44
If you guys have been wondering...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_1.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_1.jpg)

Within the limits of the given model, this is the cockpit of N540ET. The real one has only been posted once at airliners.net so far and I must apologise for the fuss I made when Gajit started, because I was already in touch with the owner. Ken Bowen owns this very highly modified Eagle II. It has the same nose cowling as the Oracle Challenger as flown by Sean Tucker and the wing tips are squared off to the rear with extended ailerons. The insides are close - yes, he really does have an engine turned panel. And yes, it is blue. Guess.

There are still a few fixes I need to do. The red is a little too red. I still have to get used to the changed materials and alphas that I am working with. Also - big nuisance - when you have things like stitching and seams and rib tape that goes over red and blue, the merge effects react totally different, so you have to cut out the bits over the different colours and merge differently. Lots of masking and cutting out involved.

But here's some more views of the beta on its first paint drying flight...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_2.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_2.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_4.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_4.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_5.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_5.jpg)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_8.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_8.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_8a.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_8a.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_9.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_9.jpg) http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/th_Beta_10.jpg (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y276/CBris/Eagles%20Galore/Beta_10.jpg)

Excellent job Chris - you have more skill and patience that I so i would prefer to fly your repaint than my own any day! :ernae:

CBris
October 14th, 2009, 23:46
@ Jeff - Airliners net and other sites have "Ad rotators" - little bits of code on their pages to change the adverts every time the page is opened. I guess in this case one of the ads was a known dodgy source and set the alarms off. I have been back to airliners and it came up clean.

Either one advertiser or a false positive.

@ Jeff - Now THAT is very nice! Far better in sim than in FS repaint!
Lovely. That will be one I want to download and fly myself.

@ Gajit - I really have to do some housework today (three weeks at home with the pigs has been no barrel of laughs. But I should finish it later on.

Thanks all...

kilo delta
October 15th, 2009, 01:27
Beautiful job, Jeff....a real credit to you. Thanks a million.:applause::icon29::icon29:

Txmmy83
October 15th, 2009, 02:37
that blue and yellow is an Irish registrated Eagle right?
when will this paintscheme released ?

it is a nice one:applause:

Ps:
against my first plans I have now decided to release my Fictional Green & Black metallic coloured Very Soon!
please note: colours are made to work perfect with Boris Russian Bloom plugin! they may look different without!

BR
Tom

CODY
October 15th, 2009, 03:09
Thanks again guys...
Kilo I'll get it 'zipped up' today,drop me PM with your email and send it to you first...
Tom...yes I will post it for D/L Avsim shut the library down again and flightsim.com takes a day or so to get them up...but I get it posted.

Hey Chris.....Can I put your bump/map.bmp's in the package? They are 'SWEET!'.....
And now that I let the cat out of the the bag...that pic of the 'Firestone' scheme,that wasn't the tire company that gave you grief was it?

Jeff

Txmmy83
October 15th, 2009, 03:11
Thanks again guys...
Kilo I'll get it 'zipped up' today,drop me PM with your email and send it to you first...
Tom...yes I will post it for D/L Avsim shut the library down again and flightsim.com takes a day or so to get them up...but I get it posted.

Hey Chris.....Can I put your bump/map.bmp's in the package? They are 'SWEET!'.....
And now that I let the cat out of the the bag...that pic of the 'Firestone' scheme,that wasn't the tire company that gave you grief was it?

Jeff

I double that Bump map request :)

BR
Tom

kilo delta
October 15th, 2009, 03:16
EI-BKA was an Irish registered Pitts S-2A (actually the very first Irish Pitts) owned and flown by the Irish aerobatic champion Arthur Wignall....a true gent and a fantastic display pilot. Sadly he was killed in Kilo Alpha when the aircraft impacted a beach on April 1st 1984 after finishing a display at Sligo.

I'll send that PM now ,Jeff! :)

hinch
October 15th, 2009, 03:56
I'll have to get this when I'm back on FSX! The LIC Eagle was my favourite FS9 plane.

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 04:23
Thanks again guys...

Jeff

Sure... but just remember that my bumpmaps also mean you have to re-paint the textures too - the rib tape, stitching, shading are all out of line otherwise.

The Iris original paintkit only caters for 10 wing ribs (9 gaps) and the ailerons are also different. My bumps reflect the true rib layout, i.e. eleven wing ribs with 10 spaces.

If you go to Barnstormers.com you will see a good few images of "naked Eagles" and you will see where I get my facts from.

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 04:25
Tom - what is this "Boris Russian Bloom"?

Txmmy83
October 15th, 2009, 04:45
Tom - what is this "Boris Russian Bloom"?

thats Boris Vorontsov enbseries plugin for Dx9 that was shown in Fs9 SOH board a few months ago!

atmosphericenvironment.zip on Avsim
works sweet with FSX!

Ps:
Avsim Download database is Off at the moment!

have attached compare shots with and without activated Plugin
both is exactly the same shot

BR
Tom

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 09:34
Progress report: I am getting the red right, need to work on the shading over the red bits and I am close with the paint on the rear spars and fwd edges of the ailerons.

I did find the ends of the wing brace struts (those are the chromed bits - better visible in the close up) and I am very nearly happy with the 'pit.

gajit
October 15th, 2009, 09:47
Excellent Master - excellent :ernae:

Just deleting mine now!! LOL

CODY
October 15th, 2009, 12:05
Sure... but just remember that my bumpmaps also mean you have to re-paint the textures too - the rib tape, stitching, shading are all out of line otherwise.

The Iris original paintkit only caters for 10 wing ribs (9 gaps) and the ailerons are also different. My bumps reflect the true rib layout, i.e. eleven wing ribs with 10 spaces.

If you go to Barnstormers.com you will see a good few images of "naked Eagles" and you will see where I get my facts from.
Well...I thought late last nite I was seeing things when I did the screen grabs...But .......

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/eagwing.jpg

Now I see what you mean. Thing is I personally don't care for the 'Stitching Highlites" any way...so can those be deleted and then just re-position the 'Inspection Plates' to match your 'Bumps'?

Jeff

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 12:16
All bar two of those patches... Two are "hard modelled"

Some stitchers use flat waxed lacing cord, so that can be one reason for having less. But even Ceconite is stitched. Also, if you check "my" bumps and details you'll see that in some locations there are round bumps. The fabric is in fact screwed to the wooden planking in places.

But by way of compensation - I am also in the process of creating a secondary paint kit with all my "discoveries".

CODY
October 15th, 2009, 12:48
All bar two of those patches... Two are "hard modelled"

Some stitchers use flat waxed lacing cord, so that can be one reason for having less. But even Ceconite is stitched. Also, if you check "my" bumps and details you'll see that in some locations there are round bumps. The fabric is in fact screwed to the wooden planking in places.

But by way of compensation - I am also in the process of creating a secondary paint kit with all my "discoveries".

See this is what happens when they leave us all alone with paint kits....

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/stitchplate.jpg

Granted it is an S-2B but it drives home the point....Your bumps are closer to real life...From what I can see!
So the $65.00 question...:icon_lol:
How long before the release of your paint kit?
I'll go ahead and let the "Harp" go with the regular texture.cfg and redo it upon release of your paint kit...
And I tried to look at the VC textures...Which I know is whole nother' can of worms...Have you found a way to get what appears to be either the inside of the fabric or lining to show up in say a 'White'?
I used your VC texture so I could see where I was at,and tried to lighten the outer walls...see pic. But the left side(Port Side) stayed dark.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/eag_cock.jpg

Jeff

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 13:49
See sheet vc1_T.dds (psd...)

here's mine for the N540ET paint - and a screenie of the VC and my - hopefully - final tweak on the paint. Oh - the real plane here has powder coat frame in light grey and sidewalls in white - so to get all the last bits of the canopy structure grey, you have to modify the tile_black_T.dds from the common folder and copy it to the paint - I have to check if anything else is affected.

Txmmy83
October 15th, 2009, 13:57
Chris Sensational as Ever:applause:

just reinstalled X-Graphics very Realistic in combination with active sky and works well in combination with the plugin I mentioned above!

will upload my paint tomorrow will go with the old Iris Bump maps on this one but only because I dont have time to rework before release!

BR
Tom

CBris
October 15th, 2009, 13:58
Dang! I can see other bits now that should be black - the varios bits of controls, like the throttle lever ball end. Don't you just LOVE developers who use colour tiles. I just knew that would bite back. I'll have words with David and see if he can't remap a second tile just for the canopy black bits... I do tell devs this EVERY time I get a chance to beta. :running::icon_lol:

Oh - and the different light and dark tones of the cockpit insides are also due to lighting - FSRepaint is limited here. Try in-sim and fly circles with the sun at 3 p.m.