PDA

View Full Version : D’ATTOMO AND QUAY Ki102 Randy uploaded

peperez
September 28th, 2009, 23:52
On the last six years I’m annoying CFS2 developers to create a Kawasaki Ki.102 Randy, in my opinion one of the most charming and elegant WW2 planes. When two great Italians developers, Capitani I. D'Attomo and G. Quai, designed it for FS 2004, it was their time to be pestered by me. I could not loose the chance to close a gap at CFS2. Thanks God they agreed! I got a lot of help in this job. Oldwheat build Schrage Muzik guns and rework Thicko’s Yagi arrays. The B24 Guy resized the standards weapons (I strongly recommend you to use them instead the MS stuff). Well, here it’s it. The package cover all combat versions and I hope you enjoy them.

hewman100
September 29th, 2009, 01:32
Gongs and beer all round chaps!

:medals::medals::medals::medals::icon29::icon29::i con29::icon29::icon29::icon29:

Rami
September 29th, 2009, 02:38
Thanks, Pepe! :ernae:

SW
September 29th, 2009, 04:04
Thanks Pepe and other contributors - I've looked for a Ki.102 in the past without success. So thanks again for plugging a hole in the Japanese aircraft line up for CFS2.

All I need now is CFS2 versions of: Kawanishi E7K2 Alf, Kyushu K11W Shiragiku, Tachikawa Ki-54 Hickory, and I'll have completed my list of wanted Japanese aircraft. Anyone seen them anywhere in CFS2 format?

Once again thanks to Pepe:ernae:

miamieagle
September 29th, 2009, 06:38
Thank you Pepe!:medals:

Bill Kestell
September 29th, 2009, 07:24
:ernae:OUTSTANDING, PEPE ... SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!:ernae:

oldwheat
September 29th, 2009, 08:06
This bird gets excellent FRs on my machine despite being non-multires. Another paradox like Scrub's Swordfish :jump:.

peperez
September 29th, 2009, 08:33
...to build two bad boys: the Nakajima Ki.87 and the Kawasaki Ki.64. Fine birds! Another good idea could be a Nakajima Ki.201 Kairyu.

Cheers

Pepe

JapLance
September 29th, 2009, 08:58
Are there any Ki-67 Hiryus around? I never found one.

The Randy looks amazing.

oldwheat
September 29th, 2009, 09:10
I believe that I will upload the Schrage Muzic guns & the Yagi array ( The latter was actually scratch built using Thicko's as a pattern;) ) to SOH then you can make a night fighter out of a Sopwith Camel if so inclined

trasno
September 29th, 2009, 09:29
On the last six years I’m annoying CFS2 developers to create a Kawasaki Ki.102 Randy, in my opinion one of the most charming and elegant WW2 planes. When two great Italians developers, Capitani I. D'Attomo and G. Quai, designed it for FS 2004, it was their time to be pestered by me. I could not loose the chance to close a gap at CFS2. Thanks God they agreed! I got a lot of help in this job. Oldwheat build Schrage Muzik guns and rework Thicko’s Yagi arrays. The B24 Guy resized the standards weapons (I strongly recommend you to use them instead the MS stuff). Well, here it’s it. The package cover all combat versions and I hope you enjoy them.

Pester them to build a D4Y or a C5M!!!! :bump:

Trasno

whitehawk_2009
September 29th, 2009, 15:43
Didn't Thicko do a D4Y?

EDIT: He did! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=thickosehaskel&ammm=15&pap=5

WH

trasno
September 29th, 2009, 16:12
I think that not
Trasno

Ravenna
September 29th, 2009, 16:37
Many thanks Pepe!:applause::applause:

olaf1924
September 29th, 2009, 20:27
The frames are below 20 with the randy and almost unflyable. I tried the mz ki-45 and the frames are over 30fps. This aircraft seems to be the only one with such low fps any ideas how to increase my fps with the randy?

peperez
September 29th, 2009, 20:53
I think that not
Trasno

Yes, he did and is avaiable here. There's one Ki.15 Babs, the Army version.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=MDBabs.zip

Cheers

Pepe

PS: A good D3A2 is still lacking

peperez
September 29th, 2009, 21:00
The frames are below 20 with the randy and almost unflyable. I tried the mz ki-45 and the frames are over 30fps. This aircraft seems to be the only one with such low fps any ideas how to increase my fps with the randy?

Use it with no shadows and glaring effects. But what machine and system are you operating?

peperez
September 29th, 2009, 21:04

The Randy looks amazing.

There's one built, but the developer, a talented Japanese guy, close his site.

bobhegf
September 29th, 2009, 21:47
Does anyone know where I can find the download for the staff cars? It is one o`clock in the morning and I didn`t mean for this post to go here.Sorry

gedm
September 29th, 2009, 22:11

The Randy looks amazing.

Yes, yes there is....

JapLance
September 29th, 2009, 22:52
There's one built, but the developer, a talented Japanese guy, close his site.

Yes, yes there is....

I guess you're talking of the same piece of art. That one looks great as well. Where can I find such beauty?. Is it freeware or payware?. Any info about it would be welcome.

JapLance
September 30th, 2009, 01:44
And in reference to the FPS problem, it seems to run quite well in my rig. Here are two captures of a formation of seven planes with a clear sky and against some cloud cover. A quite decent FPS rate, I think.

gedm
September 30th, 2009, 05:01
I guess you're talking of the same piece of art. That one looks great as well. Where can I find such beauty?. Is it freeware or payware?. Any info about it would be welcome.

Nice addition Pepe, thank you!

JL, I got the Ki-67 from another member sometime ago and it came with no readme or any other identifier as to who the creator is/was.
Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll get it to you.

G :ernae:

JapLance
September 30th, 2009, 06:30
Nice addition Pepe, thank you!

JL, I got the Ki-67 from another member sometime ago and it came with no readme or any other identifier as to who the creator is/was.
Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll get it to you.

G :ernae:

I just sent you a PM with my address, thanks for the offer.

It's strange that probably the best Japanese bomber of the war hadn't been dealt with more frequently in either CFS or FS. It ain't an obscure plane that only a handful of Pacific War addicts know of, but a plane that saw combat in the later stages of the war in numbers.

I wish I knew how to use those 3D programs...:isadizzy:

olaf1924
September 30th, 2009, 07:22
Peperez my system is a three year old HP with a E6400 and a 8800gt video card. I tried another twenty aircraft and all had fps over thirty.

Bill Kestell
September 30th, 2009, 08:17
My only complaint about he Ki-67 is the lack of decent skins ...

oldwheat
September 30th, 2009, 09:07
As I recall, the FRs on the Ki 67 were beyond crappy but that was on my rig before the upgrade. I have a lot more latitude these days & can usually use converted, non-multires models without major teeth gnashing. If someone would actually come up with a proggy for adding distance models to converted aircraft, we would be 90% home free. My scasm & programming skills are unfortunately non-existant but I could create simple distance .MDLs . It's CFS2 trying to draw complex models @ a distance & in a group that really affects the frames.

trasno
September 30th, 2009, 09:30
Didn't Thicko do a D4Y?

EDIT: He did! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=thickosehaskel&ammm=15&pap=5

WH
Oh, Hell, I made a mistake... I wanted to say B4Y.... sorry

Trasno

trasno
September 30th, 2009, 09:35
Yes, he did and is avaiable here. There's one Ki.15 Babs, the Army version.

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=MDBabs.zip

Cheers

Pepe

PS: A good D3A2 is still lacking
Sorry, I wanted to say B4Y... and that Ki-15 is different from the C5M2 that was used by 3 and Tainan Kokutais.

Trasno

oldwheat
September 30th, 2009, 10:27
true, the C5M2 was analogous to the Ki-15-2. Different cowling (engine). These are the planes more likely to be encountered in early WW2. There was no IJN version of the Ki-15-1 ( unless it was possibly a test version).

peperez
September 30th, 2009, 11:29
Sorry, I wanted to say B4Y... and that Ki-15 is different from the C5M2 that was used by 3 and Tainan Kokutais.

Trasno

Mas San built one but never upload it. By the way, I strongly recomend a visit to his site:

http://www.geocities.jp/mtyjr101/original_2.html

trasno
September 30th, 2009, 11:42
Mas San built one but never upload it. By the way, I strongly recomend a visit to his site:

http://www.geocities.jp/mtyjr101/original_2.html

So, we MUST pester Mas San... :bump::bump:

Trasno

peperez
September 30th, 2009, 12:32
So, we MUST pester Mas San... :bump::bump:

Trasno

Mas San is a wise man. He never disposed his EMail...

peperez
September 30th, 2009, 12:53
Did someone visit his site?

http://www.geocities.jp/mtyjr101/original_2.html[/QUOTE]

There's new adition!

Blondi
September 30th, 2009, 13:40
Thanks Pepe and other contributors - I've looked for a Ki.102 in the past without success. So thanks again for plugging a hole in the Japanese aircraft line up for CFS2.

All I need now is CFS2 versions of: Kawanishi E7K2 Alf, Kyushu K11W Shiragiku, Tachikawa Ki-54 Hickory, and I'll have completed my list of wanted Japanese aircraft. Anyone seen them anywhere in CFS2 format?

Once again thanks to Pepe:ernae:

Thank you Pepe, And don't forget we need an E8n Dave SW.

BLONDI:cost1:

Jagdflieger
September 30th, 2009, 14:48
And this would be...?

sc7500
September 30th, 2009, 15:15
And this would be...?

It LOOKS like a Kaiyo class Carrier...

http://www.hazegray.org/navhist/carriers/ijn_cv.htm#chit-cl

SC
:kilroy:

JapLance
September 30th, 2009, 22:34
I spent last evening doing a .dp file for the Randy fighter, mainly placing damage boxes and systems in the plane in a more accurate form. I also added a loadout of two 250kg bombs (from Metaldreams Japanese bomb pack) and replaced the visual 330liter droptanks for 200liter ones.

Just delete the .txt extension and it should work. Hope you like it.

peperez
October 1st, 2009, 12:56
I spent last evening doing a .dp file for the Randy fighter, mainly placing damage boxes and systems in the plane in a more accurate form. I also added a loadout of two 250kg bombs (from Metaldreams Japanese bomb pack) and replaced the visual 330liter droptanks for 200liter ones.

Just delete the .txt extension and it should work. Hope you like it.

The fighter bomber version is the B and it's already equiped with bombs. The A it's a fighter and didn't carry external ordnance other than droptanks. The C its a night fighter version.

Cheers

Pepe

JapLance
October 1st, 2009, 22:02
The fighter bomber version is the B and it's already equiped with bombs. The A it's a fighter and didn't carry external ordnance other than droptanks. The C its a night fighter version.

Cheers

Pepe

Yeah, I know that, but my Pacific installation is quite full of planes, and this way I cover the two versions in one single plane.

peperez
October 2nd, 2009, 14:03
Yeah, I know that, but my Pacific installation is quite full of planes, and this way I cover the two versions in one single plane.

Remember that you are loosing a lot of stopping power. The "B" have a 57mm cannon, the "A" have a 37mm cannon. I"m preparing a new "B" load with a Kawasaki 1-GO-A antiship missile. Why not upload an alternative "B" model DP file with metal dreams Japanese bombs?

JapLance
October 2nd, 2009, 23:56
Remember that you are loosing a lot of stopping power. The "B" have a 57mm cannon, the "A" have a 37mm cannon. I"m preparing a new "B" load with a Kawasaki 1-GO-A antiship missile. Why not upload an alternative "B" model DP file with metal dreams Japanese bombs?

Since the 3D model is the same for the three planes, the hard part is already done. I could upload the .dp adjusted for the B and C versions sometime tomorrow or the day after (depending on the weather :icon_lol:).

JapLance
October 3rd, 2009, 22:01
Here is the ,DP pack for the Randy, with the three versions (Fighter, Attack and Night fighter) and also an extra one for the attack plane with a slightly different payload (Ki102B2.dp).

Hope you like them,

JapLance
October 4th, 2009, 09:56
Just made a couple of minor changes to the nightfighter version .dp.

If you got the previous version, discard it and get this one instead. Sorry for the inconvenience :isadizzy:.

Bill Kestell
October 4th, 2009, 15:23
Pepe ... I hope you were planning on posting that DP with that rocket.:ernae:

peperez
October 4th, 2009, 19:39
Pepe ... I hope you were planning on posting that DP with that rocket.:ernae:

Unhappily, the missile is outscale... Someone could build a new one.

peperez
October 5th, 2009, 06:30
The missile avaiable is the Mitsubishi Igo-1-b. We need the Kawasaki Igo-1-a, a little smaller. The Metal Dreams aircraft version is on scale and can be used at the Ki-87 and the G8M aircrafts...

trasno
October 5th, 2009, 15:07
Heyyyy, Pepe, that image is a pdf from the Ted7 website, isen´t it?

Trasno

peperez
October 5th, 2009, 15:58
Heyyyy, Pepe, that image is a pdf from the Ted7 website, isen´t it?

Trasno

Yeahp!

trasno
October 6th, 2009, 11:24
I downloaded all of Ted´s pdf, and I am a member of the Fighting Wing games yahoogroups too.
Trasno

peperez
October 7th, 2009, 11:40
It uses the MD Ki.147 missile untill someone built a Ki.148 missile specific for the Randy. I create a mission just to test it.

Pepe