PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Side

OBIO
September 27th, 2009, 13:24
I'll begin by stating that the intent of this post is NOT to start a flame war about which sim is the best...we all have our own opinions and preferences, and the sim you like is what you like, and it doesn't have to be the sim I like...so lets not bash this or that sim just because we don't particularly like it. We are all simmers, we are all members of the best sim community on the internet (just my opinion on that matter)...so let's remember to treat one another with respect.

Back in my CFS2-only days down in the CFS2 forum (affectionately known as the Basement), the Dark Side was used to refer to the Civil Sims (meaning sims without guns...FS2002, FS2004, FSX). Those dedicated CFS2 users consider it a minor sin to enjoy flying a plane that you can not shoot or bomb something with.

When I got FS2004, and really started boring everyone to death in that forum, I found that in that forum FSX was referred to as the Dark Side.

What do FSX people consider to be the Dark Side? Just curious.

OBIO

stansdds
September 27th, 2009, 13:35
As a former FS9 flier and currently an FSX flier, I consider the modification of Il2:1946 to be the dark side.

Henry
September 27th, 2009, 13:38
The dark side?
any x wing sims:icon_lol::icon_lol:
H

PRB
September 27th, 2009, 14:59
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It can be from propellers or gas turbines. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. A young Jedi named Darth Vader was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, and started flying jets. He helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights of internal combustion. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Now he only wants to fly tubes.

Toastmaker
September 27th, 2009, 15:08
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It can be from propellers or gas turbines. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together. A young Jedi named Darth Vader was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, and started flying jets. He helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights of internal combustion. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Now he only wants to fly tubes.

That's great !!

:d

Lionheart
September 27th, 2009, 15:32

lolololol.....

ROFLMAO

Dang tubes!

(almost flew a tube liner flight today! eeks... )

Willy
September 27th, 2009, 15:51
I have been smitten by the dark side. I fly tubes with piston engines

Darth Willy

OBIO
September 27th, 2009, 16:08
Where do the forward canardists fit into the picture?

OBIO

Cratermaker
September 27th, 2009, 16:22

OBIO
They fit in with these guys, so they are in good company. :applause:

Forward Canardists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers)

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2009, 16:25

OBIO

only lionheart can answer that :icon_lol:

what is the dark side? i'm not sure, but one thing that's an eerie coincidence...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YdAacBURVXE/ScKyOLYhoNI/AAAAAAAAEpI/LMBTZtRUlVE/s1600/PopeBenedictXVI-sithlord.jpg

Bjoern
September 27th, 2009, 17:35
Like my pal Bene from the Vatican I'm german. And I fly tubes. In fact, most german flightsimmers like flying tubes.

Draw your own conclusions.

lifejogger
September 27th, 2009, 18:56
The dark side would be X-Plane. It looks terrible on my puter.

MaddogK
September 27th, 2009, 20:25
The dark side ?

Having grown up with Microprose, (Sid Meyer), Origin (strike commander) and Sublogic any MICROSOFT cough, cough, sim is the dark side.

Falcon 4.0 forever !!!

Kiwikat
September 27th, 2009, 20:28
what do fsx people consider to be the dark side? Just curious.

Simply put it-

YOU DON'T KNOW THE POWERRR...

boxcar
September 28th, 2009, 11:53
What do FSX people consider to be the Dark Side? Just curious.

.....As lifejogger offers, am venturing that X-Plane is it for many if not most.