PDA

View Full Version : Turbulence - Buttkicker - Mr Piglet

Pepere
September 26th, 2009, 16:43
I have the buttkicker http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/index.htm. Works good. I think what would add to this is to have a gauge make a rumble sound when the aircraft hits turbulences. this way the buttkicker would shake you when you are in turbulences. Mr Piglet you are the ace of aces in gauge makers. Anyway you could make a gauge that would supply this sound. I kinda thought a non-showing (location 0,0,0) Vertical Speed Indicator with sounds could do the job?:jump:

David

Piglet
September 26th, 2009, 18:31
You overestimate me! I actually know very little about gauges! All my gauges are really just retex'd 2004 gauges. All my code writing is limited to swapping out tex's, and making the same gau for, say, engines 1 and 2. That is easily done by swapping the code for eng1 for eng2 ,for example.
Im sure others would be better able to make your butt gau.

Pepere
September 26th, 2009, 19:26
thanks anyway. would a program like FS Panel Studio be of any use to me in converting an existing Vertical Speed Indicator to make sounds? I have the Studio demo but to do any real work I need to purchase it. I guess the biggie is editing XML? I've messed around with some "Basic" programming but like 25+ years ago when that was the only game in town.

Thanks again David

Mathias
September 27th, 2009, 00:17
No, not really.
FS Panel Studio is mostly for editing the panel layout, means moving stuff around on the 2d panel. It has no real gauge creation facilties.

Pepere
September 27th, 2009, 06:04
No, not really.
FS Panel Studio is mostly for editing the panel layout, means moving stuff around on the 2d panel. It has no real gauge creation facilties.

Darn - but thanks for saving me some $ - Have one on me :guinness:

David

PS: That's root beer - by the way! :mixedsmi:

Piglet
September 27th, 2009, 17:43
You cab edit .XML gauges with FSPS. But it doesn't tell you how or what to write in.