PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the JU_W34

sc7500
September 26th, 2009, 07:54
THANK YOU for gifting us with such a unique aircraft !!!

SC
:kilroy:

oldwheat
September 26th, 2009, 10:06
Holey crap!! There are some 20 different models there to convert!! Thanks! and I'm on the case: film @eleven.

Well, the W-34 (passenger radial) converts nicely with just one little hitch :icon_lol: ..

oldwheat
September 26th, 2009, 11:13
Well, the W33 has 1 less problem..

sc7500
September 26th, 2009, 14:56
Whatcha gonna do about them thar Wheel Chocks, OW ? LOL!!!

SC

oldwheat
September 26th, 2009, 15:17
If I needed a W-33-34 a whole lot more, I might pursue it but I guess I'll just write it off as a FS model.

Jagdflieger
September 27th, 2009, 06:12
In FS 9, those appendages appear when you shut down the engine. They must be part of the model. I wonder if you could alpha channel them out in the texture .bmp files somehow?

oldwheat
September 27th, 2009, 09:12
Not completely, I tried. I suppose that you could go through the entire .mdl file with MDLmat; try to determine the offending parts & render them invisible but that looks rather daunting to me.

Sascha66
September 27th, 2009, 11:13
THANK YOU for gifting us with such a unique aircraft !!!

SC

What plane is that? Looks like some of Lionheart's stuff. :applause::applause::applause:
Sascha

Shessi
September 27th, 2009, 13:58
Hi Fellas,
Unfortunately the material used for the cart and luggage is the same as the exterior material of the ac, so making the cart invisible with Mdlmat only makes the whole model invisible. Doing it with an alpha channel on the texs is not a good look, but works! (in a way)
Managed to tweak the mdl so the crew are displayed at all times, so will keep messing about with the sca'd mdl and see what can be done, fingers cossed.

I think it's worth it as these really are a great set of good looking vintage birds.....

Cheers Shessi

bearcat241
September 27th, 2009, 14:56
Scasm's the only answer...i had the same problems with the SF8_F-86EF. The external APU, parachute pack, empty helmet and mask would appear outside when the bird was parked and cold in FS. As a form of "animations" linked with internal XML cockpit switches, the presence of the animated pilot and general sim states, these presented conversion problems. Had to basically sever the connections by hand editing the mdl in scasm.

sc7500
September 27th, 2009, 15:58
Using my VERY limited abilities with MDLC, I am unable to successfully convert this plane to CFS2... I can force a conversion after several tries, but the result is a CTD when the plane loads. :banghead:

Would it be excessive to request that, when available, one of our more adept Modelers please post a working CFS2 file set ? I can deal with the textures, but it appears that ONE MDL will work for all...

Thanks in advance :icon29:
SC

oldwheat
September 27th, 2009, 20:47
Are you replacing the airfile with one from a similar CFS2 aircraft?

sc7500
September 27th, 2009, 21:20
I didn't know I needed to use a cfs2 - style AIR file to make it work ! I'll give that a try in the AM. Thank you, OW

Best
SC