PDA

View Full Version : Carenado's Next

glennc
September 26th, 2009, 05:31
I checked screenshots on Carenado's site this morning. The Saratoga looks like it has for a while but there is a new one: The Beech F33 Bonanza.

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Sorry if this has been reported.

Glenn

ryanbatc
September 26th, 2009, 07:33
If they can get their flt dynamics right I might have to go for that BE33

Kiwikat
September 26th, 2009, 09:05
I don't know whether I should be happy or not... I want a bonanza with nice avionics and 3D gauges, not the typical Carenado plane. I guess I'll wait and see what it ends up like. :mix-smi:

MCDesigns
September 26th, 2009, 09:41
I don't know whether I should be happy or not... I want a bonanza with nice avionics and 3D gauges, not the typical Carenado plane. I guess I'll wait and see what it ends up like. :mix-smi:

I'm just the opposite, while it would be nice, I am finding that the packages that come out with all the bells and whistles, usually come with performance issues. I guess my point is I would rather have a great looking model, than one that cuts my performance compared to a default aircraft in half.

thanks for the HU though, looking forward to some new low wing single engine addons.

thunder100
September 26th, 2009, 09:45
YES finally I can send my FPS heavy Dreamfllet soon to pension

Roland

heywooood
September 26th, 2009, 09:54
count me in for any and all Carenado planes.

I'm not looking for a systems simulator...I want planes that I can use in all weather and in most if not all FSX venues without FPS penalty taking my rig to the ground.

And Carenado seems to hit high marks in both the flight model and 3d modeling aspects of the FSX without any real hit to FPS whatsoever - I dunno how they do it - but it is exactly what makes their addons invaluable to me :icon29:

Kiwikat
September 26th, 2009, 10:00
OTOH, the A2A piper cub and P-47 are seemingly infinitely complex and my FPS are pinned with them. Same with the L-39 and others. Even the PMDG J41 is usually pinned at 36 FPS. Poor performance isn't an excuse for no bells and whistles anymore.

Besides, 3D gauges are BETTER for performance than 2D gauges. When I used the RXP GNS430 in the realair duke, my FPS actually INCREASED because the default GPS is trash. So these are completely null points. :ernae:

Roland your FPS heavy DF plane is FPS heavy because it is not a native FSX model. It has nothing to do with detail or how it was made.

heywooood
September 26th, 2009, 10:11
oh - ok chief

Killbilly
September 26th, 2009, 12:20
Dang it! I've been waiting for the V33. Bah! I guess I'll wait a while longer. The F33 is certainly a step in the right direction, though.

ryanbatc
September 26th, 2009, 17:30

Like one from RealAir

Kiwikat
September 26th, 2009, 17:52
Like one from RealAir

Sign me up! :ernae:

Bjoern
September 27th, 2009, 16:45
Besides, 3D gauges are BETTER for performance than 2D gauges.

Moddability equals zero though...

If someone wants to experiment a bit, maybe bridge the waiting time for the B33 and have a blast from the past, go over to Avsim and search for b33.zip

Kiwikat
September 27th, 2009, 17:27
Moddability equals zero though...

But if they are high quality 3D gauges there's no reason to mod them ;):173go1:

Bjoern
September 27th, 2009, 17:42
But if they are high quality 3D gauges there's no reason to mod them ;):173go1:

There's always a reason to mod something....and if it's just "glassing up" a cockpit... ;P