Motormouse
September 24th, 2009, 01:52
coming soon maybe(?!) from ---> http://www.the-pegasus.com/
go to 'facts and figures' tab, then 'latest project'

ttfn

Pete

TigerPackLeader
September 24th, 2009, 09:51
Speaking as a die hard Goose fan, I hope "coming soon" doesn't mean what it too often means. That looks MOST appealing!

Tom Clayton
September 24th, 2009, 11:16
Antilles is headquartered about 20 minutes from my house! I'd love to have a Turbo Goose - either in FS or for real!

OBIO
September 24th, 2009, 14:33
See, there they go again, messing with perfection. You can not improve on the Goose....it had 2 radials and could operate from land and water. That's as good as an aircraft can ever hope to get. Replacing real aircraft engines with super-sized hair dryers....not a good thing from my way of thinking.

Though it will be nice to see that classic fuselage shape in the air again.

OBIO

Reddog
September 24th, 2009, 14:41
See, there they go again, messing with perfection. You can not improve on the Goose....it had 2 radials and could operate from land and water. That's as good as an aircraft can ever hope to get. Replacing real aircraft engines with super-sized hair dryers....not a good thing from my way of thinking.

Though it will be nice to see that classic fuselage shape in the air again.

OBIO
They are also producing the orginal Radial engine version:bump:

TARPSBird
September 24th, 2009, 14:46
Those turboprop engines hanging out in front kinda ruin the esthetics of the airplane, but it's nice to see the classic Goose design still around. :)

Tom Clayton
September 24th, 2009, 15:25
From what I understand (and I could be wrong about this), modern turbines can drink just about anything kerosene based, including deisel. This makes refueling pretty darned easy when all you have to do is pull into just about any marina that has a pump.

But I agree that the big round piston pushers have a look and sound that just can't be matched!

Willy
September 24th, 2009, 16:18
Kerosene should only be burned in lamps...

Ashaman
September 25th, 2009, 09:13
Kerosene should only be burned in lamps...

...or used to power diesel engines... :ernae:

Not a fan of the hair driers myself. :cool:

Desert Rat
September 25th, 2009, 09:20
I agree, only non-radial version I like is the baby Goose, the Gosling or for the other side of the pond, the Widgeon. Longtime favs of mine, both of them.

Jamie

PS. I'm actually resisting the urge to even look at these anomalies :d

Motormouse
September 26th, 2009, 01:36
From what I understand (and I could be wrong about this), modern turbines can drink just about anything kerosene based, including deisel. This makes refueling pretty darned easy when all you have to do is pull into just about any marina that has a pump.

But I agree that the big round piston pushers have a look and sound that just can't be matched!

That's pretty much correct Tom, they'll even run on an Avgas/Kerosene 'wide cut' mix, but the power rating isn't guaranteed if you do it.

http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=4503664&contentId=57733

ttfn

Pete

stansdds
September 26th, 2009, 07:01
It looks ungainly, but turboprops produce more power, are more reliable and easier to maintain than a piston engine. These are not conversions either, their website states the Super Goose is built new from the ground up.

Reddog
September 26th, 2009, 08:29
It looks ungainly, but turboprops produce more power, are more reliable and easier to maintain than a piston engine. These are not conversions either, their website states the Super Goose is built new from the ground up.
Both models, Turboprop and radial engine are built new from the ground up.

Railrunner130
September 26th, 2009, 15:28
The flightsim version is being built by Cirrus Productions.

I've been watching Antilles for a while. I think they've got the right intent with their design. They own everything real-life Goose related- parts spares, design, STCs, etc. While I have to agree that the turboprop version is a bit ugly, I don't think anybody can disagree with the power on demand brought on by a turboprop. It seems to me that while flying in the bush, there are times when that power on demand could really help you out of some jams.