PDA

View Full Version : The Swiss Miss

Flyboy208
September 23rd, 2009, 17:40
While I patiently wait for a freeware or payware developer to Design a Pilatus P-3 for FS, I can always pretend it's the real thing with Piglet's wonderful PC-7 with a livery generously done by Tako Kichi. Real and FS9 pix mixed in here, just a trip down memory lane, love to have a similar plane in FS as we had to sell the aircraft about 4 years ago due to my Dad losing his FAA medical certificate from Heart problems. He has since recovered and we both wish he never sold it. Dad designed the livery himself, very creative & unique.

Always nice when FS can replicate a real flying experiece(s).

Cheers! Mike :wiggle:

Flyboy208
September 23rd, 2009, 17:43
More piccies ... All flying real & simulated was done near Glacier National Park in Montana. Real pix are from several flights.

Wing_Z
September 23rd, 2009, 17:51
Nice pics!
I also love doing the Real vs Sim thing.
Ah well, you have your memories, and you have your flightsim :ernae:

Tako_Kichi
September 23rd, 2009, 18:05
I am glad you are still enjoying her Mike. She was a lot of fun to paint and it's nice to see her on here again. Seems like a lifetime away that I painted that!

I still have all the install files but haven't flown the PC-7 in ages....not since my last full re-install of FSX after a computer rebuild.

I just checked the downloads and it looks like 126 other people besides you have been flying her too!

:ernae:

Flyboy208
September 23rd, 2009, 18:54
Cheers Guys, Larry still can't thank you enough Man. Mike :wiggle:

Motormouse
September 26th, 2009, 01:48
y'know I've seen some P-3 paints for the Carenado Mentor..half-a-mo.....here you go, over at Avsim.

File Description:
FS2004 Carenado Mentor T-34B repaint. A Textures only for Carenado's outstanding payware T-34 Mentor (available from www.carenado.com) in the Swiss Air Force livery. Swiss Air Force did not flew the T-34 Mentor but flow the Pilatus P-3 which was very similar. Swiss Air Force flow the Pilatus P-3 until the plane were retired of service in 1982 and replaced with the Pilatus PC-7 as the new basic training aircraft for Air Force pilots. Thanks and enjoy. Let me know if You enjoy this skin and if texture is OK!

Filename:p-3_swiss_air_force.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:18th February 2006Downloads:703Author:Romano BRUNATISize:4438kb

ttfn

Pete