PDA

View Full Version : Well this is disappointing :(

LouP
September 23rd, 2009, 16:04
I guess I am finding all kinds of stuff tonight. Pulled this off the Majestice web site.

First Chinese-Made Cessna Takes Flight. (http://planenews.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10870)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:00:00 AM WEST The first Chinese-made Cessna 162 Skycatcher flew over the skies of Shenyang, China, last week. Cessna called the flight a success and says it is eager to to start production and delivery of aircraft to customers...

LouP

PeteHam
September 23rd, 2009, 16:42
I thought Cessna had decided to make it in the US after the negative feedback initially :a1451:

Pete.

Naki
September 23rd, 2009, 18:33
Why is it disappointing..everything is built in China nowadays. Surely it will be built to tightly controlled and monitored Cessna specs?

jkcook28
September 23rd, 2009, 18:59
Lets hope they do. If you've ever bought crap tools etc, made in China, I wouldn't stand beside the airport when one of those took off.

Question: where is the liability lawsuit filed after the first Chinese-built cessna crashes....:kilroy:

PeteHam
September 23rd, 2009, 19:39
......... everything is built in China nowadays. Surely they will be built it to tightly controlled and monitored Cessna specs?

Yeah right ..... :icon_lol:

I see a new Tui billboard advert coming :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Pete.

EasyEd
September 23rd, 2009, 19:44
Hey All,

There is a lot of good quality stuff coming out of China just as there is a lot of bad. Eastman mandolins and fiddles for example are pretty darn good.

The real issue is the selling out of America from within - and that's as far as I'm gonna go lest it get political.

-Ed-

Lazerbeak
September 23rd, 2009, 19:47
I've bought crap things made in China, I've bought great things made in China. I've bought crap things made in USA, I've bought great things made in USA. That's the trouble when you paint with big wide brushes, they may paint some things that don't need painting.

Personally I don't understand the big deal. And personally, I don't think I want to understand the big deal. I've given my two cents so I'll be staying far away from this debate...

dandog
September 23rd, 2009, 19:50
Probably the wrong thing to say, but...with the unions on one side and the feds on the other, what could they do!!!???

Alain_F355
September 24th, 2009, 00:36
The costs in China must be extremly low. When Cessna can ship the finished planes back to the US, reassemble them and still sell them at a profit. This is normal for small merchandise like electronics etc. because you can put thousands in a container so the cost per item is low. I expect that at best you can only put 2 of these in 1 container.

Richard Westcott
September 24th, 2009, 01:05
A friend of mine, who produces medical equipment, move production of some components to china, cheap labour and materials, most importantly they do not have the legislation to contend with, no health and safety and so on.

LouP
September 24th, 2009, 04:55
I think Easy Ed hit the nail on the head as far as the way I feel. I know this could be a heated thread so careful. I guess I was having a bad day yesterday and I saw this. I had just finished reading a lot of articles on economics and finance and how evrything we do (government) to correct the problem just seems to send more money to the top. We "stimulate" the economy and what happens, the stock market goes up and executive pay increases, while the ordinary Joe continues to loose his/her job. I have two close reletives that have been put out of work rather rudely and there is no work in sight for them. One of them just flew out to Nevada for an interview. He had a 3 hour wait in LA to get there from the east coast. :confused: The person that arranged that trip for him is working. :jawdrop:

OK, this is not like me, time tio move on and have a better day.

LouP