PDA

View Full Version : A must see..

Prowler1111
September 23rd, 2009, 10:10
Somebody has done a great job of compiling vintage airline and aircraft pictures and showing them to a moving soundtrack by Andrea Bocelli.

http://www.funstufftosee.com/goodbye.html

Enjoy!

PS: At the end seems like a sim add on promo??

Best regards
Prowler

Henry
September 23rd, 2009, 10:21
Great
thanks
H

Chacha
September 23rd, 2009, 10:27
...What a great voice!!! :engel016: :applause:

...the Air Florida, reminds me of years ago, when the airport did not have tubes yet and trains.... Well that was years and years ago, my first visit to Florida, I was a little kid...

Thanks for sharing!!

Roadburner440
September 23rd, 2009, 10:29
I tell you what. Makes me sad looking at stuff like that. Aviation used to have so much pride behind it. People made very little pay, the working conditions were poor. Maintenance was high. Those people had so much pride and dedication. More of the good old days of America. Now you can't go to the airport without getting treated like you know what. Thanks for the slideshow though. Is always hard to find images from those era's (at least for me). On a side note, I couldn't help but think of the movie Step Brothers cause of the song, :icon_lol:.

Lionheart
September 23rd, 2009, 10:35
I wonder what program they used for that slideshow?

Thanks for the heads up Prowler.

Bill

vstudios
September 23rd, 2009, 11:52
A simple flash application with alot of images in a folder, the flash application would simply pull the next image in the folder = slideshow.

With all the opensource projects out, Im sure theres a good handful that you can pick up for free.

This is the kind of thing you would be looking for : http://www.freetodown.com/freetodown/flash-pioneer-media-show---standard-version_117/

peter12213
September 23rd, 2009, 14:43
Its a shame Andrea couldn't see them to though, I agree with Roadburner very moving and sad (in a good way though) Remember the good old days, I wish I was there!
The song Time To Say Goodbye is just heavenly too.

Bjoern
September 24th, 2009, 09:10
Really nice photos, but I can't stand the song. It's way too overused.

falcon409
September 24th, 2009, 09:35
Reminds me of the time when Stewardesses were part of the enjoyment of flying too, lol. . . .have you seen many lately that look anything like those shown in the photos? I don't fly near as much as I used to, but anymore, if she's younger than 35 or 40 it's rare, and to be attractive too. . .OMG, not much, lol.

gera
September 24th, 2009, 12:08
Reminds me of the time when Stewardesses were part of the enjoyment of flying too, lol. . . .have you seen many lately that look anything like those shown in the photos? I don't fly near as much as I used to, but anymore, if she's younger than 35 or 40 it's rare, and to be attractive too. . .OMG, not much, lol.

Yes, its very sad to fly with the "new look" of Stewardesses.....very ugly indeed, poor grandmothers serving wine and starchy food at 35,000.......I am a collector of "old aviation stuff", old Cleveland models plans, photos, brochoures, flight schedules and the likes....when I sit and look at all this paraphanelia i am sure I was born out of my time...or am a re-encarnation of some fly by spit and wire pilot!!!!!...I just love aviation from 1929 to 1939 and "like" it very much from 1939-to 1959 or abouts.......now I did hate flying from Guatemala City to New Orleans on a PAA DC-4 or 6 at 8,000 angels vomiting my insides out in a very smelly and small brown bag!!!!!!!! I donīt know if it was the flight or my hateful future of spendind one more year in boarder school!!!!!!!!...besides I was 10.:isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

boxcar
September 26th, 2009, 20:15
That was cool, Prowler, thanks.

Here guys, put on your own tunes for this:

http://rareaircraf1.greyfalcon.us/UNITED%20STATES.htm

Will take a Lockheed XP-58 Chained Lightning, please. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/cool/cool-smiley-021.gif

spotlope
September 26th, 2009, 20:33
Actually, I don't think the flight attendants have changed. Literally. Like, they're the same ones that were wearing the miniskirts and go-go boots back in the '60's. Time was, the most senior staff got the plum routes. Nowadays, you get on a puddle-jumper flight to the next county over and your crew is pushing retirement age. Makes me wonder who we're gonna be flying with in another 20 years.

lawdawg
September 26th, 2009, 21:04
Actually, I don't think the flight attendants have changed. Literally. Like, they're the same ones that were wearing the miniskirts and go-go boots back in the '60's. Time was, the most senior staff got the plum routes. Nowadays, you get on a puddle-jumper flight to the next county over and your crew is pushing retirement age. Makes me wonder who we're gonna be flying with in another 20 years.

Yes, I know what you mean.
I talked to an Fed Ex MD-11 captain earlier this year. He said that hardly any new pilots are joining the ranks (not just his line) and that he and fellow pilots are wondering who is going to take over when they retire..