PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Update 3.1 is out

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 19:44
For those that have iPhones, there is a new update; OS 3.1. This came out about a week or so ago. Some may not have it yet.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/?cid=CDM-US-DM-P0008510-152310&Email_PageName=P0008510-152310&Email_OID=658072&cp=152310&sr=em

Here are some mac-snapped screens of the new system update features.

Bill

Chacha
September 21st, 2009, 20:05
Thanks Lionheart,

I love the way I can organize my apps, I can just drag them on my computer and then sync it on my iPhone.

MMS will be available late Summer? Summer is over, it is now fall.... That's next year!

:engel016:

crashaz
September 21st, 2009, 20:07
Just call me PC Guy... Windows Mobile 6.5 due on Oct 6th!

Just got my Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

Yeah I know.... but I have faith... hopefully better rewarded then what they did with Aces. :kilroy:

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 20:52
Thanks Lionheart,

I love the way I can organize my apps, I can just drag them on my computer and then sync it on my iPhone.

:engel016:

Most welcome.

I see that you can do that now, organizing the Apps. Very cool! When you organize them on the iPhone, it can be tricky as the wrong ones will keep bouncing out of the window to the next window back. arrgh..

By the way, the new iTunes is also out. I think its iTunes Build 9. (sorry, tired, cant remember).

Some very cool features. I was checking out the tutorials on it a bit ago.

More things to keep your mind occupied and running....

I was just checking out the new iPod.... The small thing. It now has a high resolution movie screen in it, a camera, film editing tools, some of its own iPod Apps, and an FM Radio with 'pause' mode.

HOW CAN THEY FIT ALL OF THAT IN SOMETHING SO SMALL??????????????

Technology...

Bill

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 20:53
I remember when video camera's came out. They were at least a thousand dollars, and only the rich people on the block had them.

Now, kids can have them in their iPods.. Complete with editing software.

Bill

Chacha
September 21st, 2009, 21:06
Just call me PC Guy... Windows Mobile 6.5 due on Oct 6th!

Just got my Sprint/HTC Touch Pro 2

Yeah I know.... but I have faith... hopefully better rewarded then what they did with Aces. :kilroy:

Man CrashAZ,

That is a cool phone too... it does pretty much everything the iPod does, different program... but that is a cool phone!!

I remember when I was a kid, our videos are reels and reels of negatives... then on tape, Now we have it on a DVD. TECHNOLOGY!!!

Yes iTunes 9... the new features is Home Sharing!!!

Cloud9Gal
September 22nd, 2009, 15:52
Hey Billy Boo!

I just downloaded the new software for my iTouch- and you are correct, the latest iTunes version is 9.0.

I love the way I can just "shake" my iTouch now and it shuffles the songs. LOL! Love it!!

Chacha
September 22nd, 2009, 16:05
I have downloaded this BUMP Apps, and you can share your phone, photos, or file, by simply bumping each others iPhone. So cool, no need to type or call or email. I am loving it! :running:

The Awesome Note is one more, it is also available for iPod Touch.

Lionheart
September 22nd, 2009, 18:51
iTunes is pretty nice now! I cant believe how much its improved in a year, lol....

I tried Genius last night and it did pretty good with my music. Impressive.

ChaCha,

I use Awesome Note and love it. The new version is pretty nice. I am a notes freak, so this is up my avenue.

You can create Docs in Google (freeware mail center, tools/docs center) and export them to Awesome Notes. You can backup to Google as well.

Here are some screenshots of Awesome Note.

Check out how you can create your own folder colors, folder icons, note 'themes' as well as all the new tools that iPhone OS 3.0/1 offers.