PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like a Fairchild in the Fall

OBIO
September 21st, 2009, 14:19
Getting my Golden Wings GA install populated with my favorite vintage GA planes. And one of my favorite series of vintage GA aircraft is Lionheart's Fairchild 24 series. Beautiful planes! If you have not checked them out, I highly recommend that you do. He calls them "old", I call them Gems.

I was just flying the F24R-2 around, checking out a Ranger sound pack that I am working on (based on a CFS3 sound pack recorded from a real life PT-19...have permission by the author to upload sound packs using his files) and checking out the fall foliage around my home area. As I was taxiing for take off at KMFD (Mansfield Lahm Regional), I had to take this screen shot...quite lovely.

I will also be working on a sound pack for the Warner Super Scarab redial in the F24-Ws. I have no idea what a WSS sounds like, so don't expect a fully accurate representation.

OBIO

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 19:57
Hey OBIO,

I'll be curious to hear the sound files myself. Its a rare engine and sound, inverted straight six aircooled. Not many engines will sound like that thing.

I love that black and white version.

Off topic, but close, there is a Fairchild 24W with a radial for sale presently on Ebay in the Aircraft section. Not a bad price.

Bill

OBIO
September 21st, 2009, 21:42
I was about to put a bid in on that Fairchild...then my wife walked into the room, quickly surmised what I was about to do, and knocked me out with a right jab. I was THIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS close to having the ultimate sim pit.

OBIO

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 23:07
LOLOLOL.....

Oh well.. Perhaps one day, she will realise what she did. arrghh..

They are big planes. Tell her you can use it for going shopping out of state. Big back seat for putting lots of shopping goods in....

:d