PDA

View Full Version : not a valid Win32

John Pirnie
September 21st, 2009, 04:46
Has anyone had any trouble loading the files from ABSquad ?
I had them loaded before, but had to uninstall them. Any help would be a plus.

No matter what file I try to install I get the message of "not a valid WIN 32"

DauntlessDriver546
September 21st, 2009, 04:59
Hey John,

I hate to tell you this, but ABSquad is the worst place possible to download a/c. He's a pirate, and almost none of his material is his. I'd stay away from him as much as possible... :engel016:

John Pirnie
September 21st, 2009, 05:31
Hey John,

I hate to tell you this, but ABSquad is the worst place possible to download a/c. He's a pirate, and almost none of his material is his. I'd stay away from him as much as possible... :engel016:
What do you mean HE's a pirate ?

Rami
September 21st, 2009, 06:03
John,

It means that as a general rule, they have 'hijacked' or 'pirated' aircraft created by either Microsoft or other designers and claimed them as their own, without permissions or proper credits. And, there have been some CFS2 enthusiasts who have picked up viruses or other 'bugs' from this site. As a general recommendation, this site is not the place to be downloading aircraft.

If you are looking for certain aircraft types and / or other files, I would be happy to make recommendations.

OBIO
September 21st, 2009, 07:27
"He" would be Lt. Commander Riker, as He likes to call himself. Every plane, every weapons pack, everything on that site is someone else work that he has claimed as his own. I can go through that site and in about 10 minutes name the real author of every file...and not a single one of them is Lt. Commmander Riker.

If there is a plane on that site that you like, let us know and we will direct you to the legitimate version of said aircraft....well, unless it is a plane by Mr. Ito....because Mr. Ito does not allow his aircraft to be modified in any way, yet there are a number of his planes on that site in converted form.

OBIO

DauntlessDriver546
September 21st, 2009, 08:24
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be vague... Riker was the name I was looking for, but just couldn't come up with it.... :icon_lol:

The_Editor
September 21st, 2009, 08:55
There have been reports of some of the files there having viruses attached, maybe that is where that "not a valid WIN 32" comes from.

John Pirnie
September 21st, 2009, 12:23
Thanks to all for the quick reply.
John

Devildog73
September 21st, 2009, 15:00
Also, if you use Mozilla Firefox with latest add=ons, it tells you his site is unsafe.

Dirtman
September 21st, 2009, 15:33
A BIG note here:

Many of the "exe" installers from ABSquad have hidden "back-doors" built into them ..... BEWARE!!!

..... 11334