PDA

View Full Version : Someone with a Flight1 Addon!

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 17:55
Ok, I was going to dump the Cessna 310 because despite my best attempts, I seem to be the only one not able to get it running, so I've decided to try to see why. I know my installation is correct, so I'm beyond that now. Where do you folks come in? I have a suspicion that windows7 (which is what I'm running) has altered, in some way, the way the Flight1 Wrapper system and in particular it's security system, sees the *.lic and *.key files. If those are moved (which mine did not) it shuts down the aircraft so that gauges, etc no longer function (it assumes you don't have a license and therefore shouldn't have the airplane).

Again, this is all conjecture on my part but I've asked this question on this and other forums and have yet to get anyone who knows (yes I also did a support ticket for Flight1 Support).

So, if you have an Addon that required use of the flight1 wrapper system, what do your icons for the lic and key files look like? Mine are both blank. I finally had to get a new key from Flight1 because even though it was in the correct folder when I was asked to find it for the installation, it didn't show up. Another reason I think Win7 is the culprit.

MaddogK
September 20th, 2009, 18:04
Heh. AVG reports some of my Flight1 wrappers as virus's (some kinda trojan) and tries HARD to delete them. Unwrapping them is a pain unless I disable the resident portion of AVG, then all works as it should. Perhaps Win7 has some built in antivirus thats blocking the flight1 wrapper system.

peter12213
September 20th, 2009, 18:09
Mate I think this addon doesn't like our system as we talked about before, I'm pretty sure the guy who posed those shots was using the RTM version of FSX and not our accel/sp2 one!

Akatsuki
September 20th, 2009, 18:37
I have Win7 x64 and Ultimate Traffic 2 and i had no problem at all may it be installing or using. My UT2 .lic and .key files are in the default "Flight One Software" folder and are indeed looking blank.
Is your FSX install in the default (Program Files) folder? If yes i've read that even UAC disabled there are still some active "protections" in the "Program Files" folder.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 18:44
I have Win7 x64 and Ultimate Traffic 2 and i had no problem at all may it be installing or using. My UT2 .lic and .key files are in the default "Flight One Software" folder and are indeed looking blank.
Is your FSX install in the default (Program Files) folder? If yes i've read that even UAC disabled there are still some active "protections" in the "Program Files" folder.
My FSX is installed in the Program Files(x86) folder

Meshman
September 20th, 2009, 22:04
Do you get the .LIC file being written into the primary Windows folder or just the Flight1 folder? I have eight wrapper products from F1, a couple of which are from a developer who uses the F1 wrapper. While I have .LIC files in two seperate folders for whom they were developed by, I also have eight sitting in my \Windows folder. But I'm on XP and don't anticipate changing any time soon.

If nothing in your Windows folder, you might copy and paste from the F1 folder and see it it takes.

Boomer
September 21st, 2009, 07:11
My FSX is installed in the Program Files(x86) folder

I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit & my program files resides in the same place as yours & I have no problems... FYI

Helldiver
September 21st, 2009, 07:30
I try running the Cessna 310 right off the CD in FSX. Everyone else has no problem with it. I get something that has no wheels or glass.
I'm running Windows XP Professional with Accelerator on FSX.

Reddog
September 21st, 2009, 13:11
I try running the Cessna 310 right off the CD in FSX. Everyone else has no problem with it. I get something that has no wheels or glass.
I'm running Windows XP Professional with Accelerator on FSX.
Accelerator that's your problem,get rid of that it should work ok.

falcon409
September 21st, 2009, 14:01
Accelerator that's your problem,get rid of that it should work ok.
And that is exactly why I've dropped trying to get it to work. I've got better things to do than mess with this any more. It's has nothing to do with Acceleration as the culprit, because other folks are running Accel with this airplane and it runs fine. It's a combination of all the variables of OS, Vid Card, Memory, CPU, what we had for breakfast, where we went to school, what time we go to bed and when we got home from work, coupled with the fact that this is an FS2002 Aircraft. . .updated to FS2004. . . .being pushed to work in FSX SP2 Accel.

If it works for you great. . .if it doesn't, dump it, download the one on this page http://www.simviation.com/fsnd/menu.html,
and get on with your life, lol.

expat
September 21st, 2009, 23:54
Falcon, I feel very badly you haven't been able to get this to work on your system. Wish I could offer you some suggestions but it sounds like you have thought of and tried literally everything. Just to be clear, I am using FSX/SP2/Acceleration and I don't think that has anything to do with this problem.

Helldiver, if you do manage to see gauges in the VC and 2D panel then you may be almomst there. What you describe may be because the installer directs a number of textures common to each aircraft to a separate folder. You then need to just copy these into each of your aircraft texture folders and you should see e.g. wheels, interiors etc.

The work around for this is described here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=22038&KW

Let me know how you get on.

expat

spotlope
September 22nd, 2009, 07:13
As an alternative to copying the common textures to each folder, could you not just include a texture.cfg file in each that points back to the common folder?

Falcon, I feel very badly you haven't been able to get this to work on your system. Wish I could offer you some suggestions but it sounds like you have thought of and tried literally everything. Just to be clear, I am using FSX/SP2/Acceleration and I don't think that has anything to do with this problem.

Helldiver, if you do manage to see gauges in the VC and 2D panel then you may be almomst there. What you describe may be because the installer directs a number of textures common to each aircraft to a separate folder. You then need to just copy these into each of your aircraft texture folders and you should see e.g. wheels, interiors etc.

The work around for this is described here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=22038&KW

Let me know how you get on.

expat

falcon409
September 22nd, 2009, 08:34
expat
Not a problem expat. I set up a Customer Service ticket with Flight1, asking specifically about the location of the lic and key files and if that along with my running win7 could be the problem. They declined to answer saying there was no support for that aircraft in FSX and directed me to their "Vista" page, basically saying that both Win7 and Vista were the same (Microsoft would be happy to hear that I'm sure, lol) and that that page might help me. . . .which it did not because it didn't answer the two questions I had asked.

I haven't deleted the airplane and I'll check from time to time, if I think of anything else that might work, but for now, my money is on the fact that I'm running win7 and unless someone else comes along and says they are too and it's running fine for them, I think it has everything to do with that OS.