PDA

View Full Version : Dean Martin.....the essence of cool.

Navy Chief
September 20th, 2009, 16:55
He was one heck of a performer, both singing and acting.

eIA1VS2bDa4&feature=youtube_gdata

KVlxEeO8BHw&feature=youtube_gdata

urHk3EKvImY&feature=youtube_gdata

gAqyBXFGcUY&feature=youtube_gdata

OBIO
September 20th, 2009, 17:32
My wife and I were just taking about Dean the other day. We were talking about old movies that you very rarely see played these days, and those great films with Dean and Jerry were on the list. Great team those two made.

OBIO

Cazzie
September 20th, 2009, 17:36
The essence of alcohol you mean! :icon_lol:

But I loved ole Dino, about anybody could crack him up, it was funny just watching him crack up at others.

Pretty fine crooner too.

Caz

MaddogK
September 20th, 2009, 18:53
Best Dino ever were thos Roasts he did.
:ernae:

Quicksand
September 20th, 2009, 19:56
I love Dino in the skit with Foster Brooks as the drunk airline pilot who stops by Dino's watering hole on his way to work... A true comedy classic..:icon29:

Bone
September 20th, 2009, 23:33
He da man! Let's not forget about the Gold Diggers.

Navy Chief
September 21st, 2009, 02:22
The latter part of Dean Martin's life was so sad. He had reached the pinnacle of success, and then his son Dino was killed while flying a F-4 with the California ANG. Dean never really recovered from that loss. He died from acute respiratory failure at age 78 in 1995.

But his voice is unmistakable. And the wonderful movies he did with Jerry Lewis will always be favorites of mine.

_DzCuL2bX9U&feature=youtube_gdata

FuR3tp3DwbM&feature=youtube_gdata

3UVS0JmYzLg&feature=youtube_gdata

crashaz
September 21st, 2009, 10:26
That's Amore!

<NO it says he when Jerry like sound be would I cool... that not am>:icon_lol: [Bad singing I do... would sound like Jerry]

I thought he was cool with Sammy in the Cannonball movies too! But no one that ever saw the movies forgets Martin and Lewis.

Too cool.:applause:

crashaz
September 21st, 2009, 10:27
Ah didn't he also do the Matt Helm character too?

Navy Chief
September 21st, 2009, 13:59
Ah didn't he also do the Matt Helm character too?

Yep, he sure did!