PDA

View Full Version : OT: Virus

Pepere
September 18th, 2009, 18:33
My computer is infected with "Packed.Monder" and I can't fix it. AVG or McAfee can't fix it. Fsx wont run if i run any program like WinPatrol, Advanced System Care trying to analyz security the program will not run after.

AVG gives two locations for the infection: "\\?\globalroot\Device\Ide\IdePort3\dbdwfjix\dbdwfj ix\tdlwsp.dll";"Virus (file://\\?\globalroot\Device\Ide\IdePort3\dbdwfjix\dbdwfj ix\tdlwsp.dll";"Virus) identified Packed.Monder";"Infected"

and explor.exe(with different #)

Does anyone have a clue. Most places on the internet just give you a free antiviris but you have to pay $$$$$ to get it cleaned out and if AVG or McAfee can't kill it I'm not buying another one. My comput now will not run in safe mode either. I get the blue screen of death on that?

David :running:

Mick
September 18th, 2009, 18:59
Ask for help here:

http://www.pcnineoneone.com/ (http://www.pcnineoneone.com/)

You'll have to register to participate in the forum, but it's worth the few minutes it takes to get signed up.

I haven't had need to go here for several years, but in the past these guys have helped me solve some serious problems.

When you post your question, along with the information you posted here about the problem, put in as much information as you can about your system and describe your personal level of expertise (or not, as the case may be.) They will make an effort to express themselves in language suitable for your degree of expertise, and they won't sneer at you if you're not some kind of super geek.

Good luck!

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 19:13
Yip just cost me £45 to have my pc done after this monster, he is on my list of to KILL!!

Lionheart
September 18th, 2009, 22:20
these new super virus' have 'healing' systems. they can rebuild deleted files as they are spread through your system like cancer. they have basic rebuild nets or info links in your computer. the main server outside your computer will tell them things to do as well, like droids. you can literally delete a file, reboot, and its back.

Very evil garbage...

Bill

tigisfat
September 18th, 2009, 22:59
Download combofix, new AVG and some sort of premium payware antivirus software. Don't restart or turn off normally, turn the switch off on your computer. When it starts, start it in safe mode. Run every antivirus program you have while saving combofix for last.

When you run combofix, follow it's instructions completely. While it's running, don't have anything else running or so much as move the mouse. When it's done, read the log and restart your computer normally.

I rid my computer of two rootkits and the one you mentioned this way. If they're in system files, you can't always fix them while running windows normally.

:ernae:

JoeW
September 19th, 2009, 05:13
I have a neighbor that has "Antivirus Pro 2010". This ain't NO antivirus program!! What it does is shut down the internet connection, Your printer. AVG doesn't see it, It finds several Trojans but won't remove this. It's also a Trojan. This is one bad puppy to get and something else to remove. I have I have 4 programs that I have downloaded on my computer, Including "ComboFix.exe" that I'm gonna use today to try and get rid of it.
If your watching movies, and someplace wants you to download their program ......... DON"T DO IT !

harleyman
September 19th, 2009, 05:23
Two Words...

PC Tools.........

Or properly...One word.....PCTools

Tim_Horton
September 19th, 2009, 05:35
This all is preventable, like said above,

don't download any 3rd party program to watch movies, cause you don't need to! everything is already on your computer to watch movies
try watch-movies-links.net its streaming no D/L from other sites, and if there is, DON"T DO IT!

Don't open emails from addressees unknown or even emails from people you know with strange titles, its not that important.

Stay away from Pr0n and its disease, and don't search for Jessica Alba, you'll get a disease.

Keep away from anything with Pirate, or Bay, or Torrent, or FullDownloadzz, they are just like the Papers shoved in your face on the streets of New York or any major city, claiming that a Big Dong is only one Pill slip away! Start today and destroy your womans junk forever!!..

Gdavis101
September 19th, 2009, 09:49
I was going to suggest ComboFix as well, make sure to get it from a trusted site.. Bleepingcomputer is one.

Judan
September 21st, 2009, 05:34
I hate to say this but the only sure way to get rid of a virus is to backup and reinstall from a known good copy of windows.There are tools that say they can get rid of viruses but you can never be sure. Another thing I don't know what OS you have but make sure you turn auto updates on.
Good Luck Judan

Gdavis101
September 21st, 2009, 14:13
You just got to know where to look...

michael davies
September 22nd, 2009, 01:40
Another good protection is a firewall, many virus's come in small packets to slip by anti virus software, then they 'phone home', a good firewall will see the out going threat and block it, the resident package can then be deleted safely. The resident package is no threat until it is allowed to 'phone home' and collect its pay load. Firewalls also prevent these self healing virus's by not allowing them to phone home to repair.

MS fire wall is ok for basic protection but people should consider a more extensive product to be safer, be sure to turn off the MS one if you have another installed, sometimes the two conflict and protection is reduced or nullified.

Shut down any ports you dont need (firewalls are good for this) and close many MS auto discuss, self check, help routines in services.msc for example theres a service that checks every few minutes direct to MS for a real time clock up date, that path has been used before to slip viruses into PCs, you want to know the time....look at a clock :). Remote desk top help is another. Additionally, shutting down these surplus services will stop many applications running in the back ground, free up CPU clock time and make your PC run faster, about 30 services is a good level to look for in XP pro, couldn't say for other OS's.

I use AVG free, Zone alarm free and best of all a router and have had no infections for years, I also practice what others above advocate, no dodgy sites, no auto open email etc etc. I've been told the router is probably one of the best options to remain hidden on the net, web silence is one of the best forms of anti virus around, if they cant see you then they cant attack you. whether you need a router or not, putting one upstream is always a good safe guard, I need mine to serve as a hub for other PC's in the house, but I know of quite a few friends who simply buy one to put upstream to stop virus's.

I also use CCcleaner theres an option in there to stop 'start up' services, things like real player and adobe all have services that run on boot up....which you dont need....often talk on the net for updates with out you knowing....which you dont need....and open ports for viruses to slip in. CCcleaner wont stop critical start OS services, only software you added services, its frightening how many of these mundain software products clog up your PC with back ground serivices you dont need.

Hope that helps someone.

Best

Michael

hey_moe
September 22nd, 2009, 02:28
I hate to say something like this but no matter what you do it will always be on your HD, unless you format. The different tools on the net will only deactivate it and remove enough to where it won't run. The wife got one of those the other day and I used a few programs on the net to remove it. Later on I went into her register and there where still bits and pieces of it in there :isadizzy: >>>> sucks.